Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Modified Duodenal Switch

Newbie and SO excited about surgery....at least I think I'm excited! Initially went to my first appointment thinking I would have the gastric sleeve, but left leaning toward having the Modified Switch. Would love to hear how others surgery went - I want the good, bad and ugly. I would love to hear from any other "switchers"!

I had the Modified DS (SADI-S) in April 2020. Since the beginning of the year, I have lost 102 lbs. Half was lost pre-OP. The results have exceeded my expectations and I'm really pleased. It is a challenging process requiring a lot of will power to make difficult changes. Take this opportunity now that you are on a restrictive liquid diet to forget the foods you used to eat. Build a new long term nutritional plan and follow it. I hope your surgery goes smooth and your recovery is quick.

@california guy,

Thank you for response. I am very excited, just nervous (as is normal)! Congrats on your weight loss!

@Ms. Mocie,

I honestly don't know other than the modified version is reportedly less invasive and easier? I am hoping it's easier recovery wise as well.