Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you notice the scale moving?



Recommended Posts

On 9/24/2020 at 2:19 PM, tarotcardreader said:

5-15 lb a week is average for the first few months. If you arent losing its between you and your team to figure out whats going on. Im not the food exercise or bm police thats their jobs lol

You asked for for this info in the previous post LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2020 at 1:19 PM, tarotcardreader said:

5-15 lb a week is average for the first few months. If you arent losing its between you and your team to figure out whats going on. Im not the food exercise or bm police thats their jobs lol

I didn't even lose that much during the first MONTH, and I started out at over 300 lbs.

5 lbs a week is about average for the first month or two (an average range seems to be about 15-25 lbs for month 1, but of course there are outliers), but after that, it slows down quite a bit. I've been involved in the bariatric community for about six years, and I've never heard of anyone losing 15 lbs a week. Maybe five lbs - but again, usually just for the first month or two.

Edited by catwoman7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MsMocie said:

Well, there was one, the new, improved friend down in Aussie 😁

oh yea - I forgot about him! Things sure are quieter around here now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

I didn't even lose that much during the first MONTH, and I started out at over 300 lbs.

5 lbs a week is about average for the first month or two (an average range seems to be about 15-25 lbs for month 1, but of course there are outliers), but after that, it slows down quite a bit. I've been involved in the bariatric community for about six years, and I've never heard of anyone losing 15 lbs a week. Maybe five lbs - but again, usually just for the first month or two.

My data is from a study in michigan not something i just pulled out my ass in a late night ramble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Leafy said:

You asked for for this info in the previous post LMAO

No i ws telling you to share that info with your medical team so they can better assist you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, tarotcardreader said:

My data is from a study in michigan not something i just pulled out my ass in a late night ramble

I don't know who that study researched because I've never seen anyone lose 15 lbs a week on any of the internet forums I'm on. Maybe they meant 5-15 lbs a month? That'd be a pretty common loss after the first month..

Edited by catwoman7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I don't know who that study researched because I've never seen anyone lose 15 lbs a week on any of the internet forums I'm on.

I dont know where you read 15 perhaps you tagged the wrong person because i wrote 5-15. Hope that helps you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long after the sleeve did you begin exercising?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2020 at 9:15 PM, Leafy said:

Hi everyone! I had my RNY surgery 2 weeks ago to this date and haven't experienced the scale budging but I've lost enough inches that I feel lighter and clothes fit better. From reading about surgery and results, it seems that people tend to lose weight and then stall out at week 3-6 (I know everyone is different!) I'm curious if there's anyone out there who lost no weight following surgery and continued to have favorable results down the road?

I understand that everyone's journey is different, I just don't want to feel alone in this. I know I'm still in the healing phase just want to talk to people who have had similar starts to this journey ❤️

Thanks

Often when you go into the hospital for surgery, you gain several pounds while you are there because they fill your body up with fluids. It takes a week or two for you to lose this added weight. So some individuals have the perception that they are not losing weight right after surgery, My experience with RNY surgery is the weight will come off quickly. Sleeve patients tend to have a harder time because they encounter many stalls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×