Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 9 days post op and struggling big time. I hate everything. I’m tired of the sweet flavored sf popsicles, sf gaterade, sf propel, and Protein Shakes. I’m sick of them!!!! Pre-op, I developed an adversion to broth, regular, bone, vegetable you name it. Thinking about them makes me queasy. Post op I developed an adversion to sf Jello. Now I am starting to develop an adversion to Protein shakes because they are so sweet tasting and I’m sick of them. I’d rather just not eat anything to be honest but i know that’s not going to help. Worst of all, my surgeon requires a 4 week liquid diet after surgery. I’m just feeling really defeated, regretful, angry, depressed annoyed. I don’t have any cravings for “bad” foods but I would do anything for savory foods. chicken salad and tuna salad is what I have been craving big time. I’m like dreaming of it and it sounds so delicious 🤤. This whole process is definitely making me appreciate food more and I’m pissed at my self that I abused food the way I did. I just feel like I’m being tortured right now. I know these feelings won’t last forever but OMG I feel like I’m in a nightmare that has no end! I’m just venting right now.

13 minutes ago, MoDavi7 said:

I’m 9 days post op and struggling big time. I hate everything. I’m tired of the sweet flavored sf popsicles, sf gaterade, sf propel, and Protein Shakes. I’m sick of them!!!! Pre-op, I developed an adversion to broth, regular, bone, vegetable you name it. Thinking about them makes me queasy. Post op I developed an adversion to sf Jello. Now I am starting to develop an adversion to Protein shakes because they are so sweet tasting and I’m sick of them. I’d rather just not eat anything to be honest but i know that’s not going to help. Worst of all, my surgeon requires a 4 week liquid diet after surgery. I’m just feeling really defeated, regretful, angry, depressed annoyed. I don’t have any cravings for “bad” foods but I would do anything for savory foods. chicken salad and tuna salad is what I have been craving big time. I’m like dreaming of it and it sounds so delicious 🤤. This whole process is definitely making me appreciate food more and I’m pissed at my self that I abused food the way I did. I just feel like I’m being tortured right now. I know these feelings won’t last forever but OMG I feel like I’m in a nightmare that has no end! I’m just venting right now.

When I got to that point. I went to mushy foods very slowly.sunny side up. Or yogurt. tuna fish in blender. Like a teaspoon or less

I barely tolerated shakes but I only did them for two weeks. I wouldn’t have been able to survive 4 weeks & think I would have felt just like you. Our tastebuds do get screwed up after surgery. Everything tasted sweet to me too or tasted like nothing.

I used to dilute my shakes which helped a bit with their flavour. Try some thin Soups & consommés also. They were my saviours.

Good luck. You will get through this.

You can do it. I’m at day 5 and I’m pissed cause everyone around me is okay sting this overly delicious items. But just know why you’re doing this in the first place.

Did you get the sleeve or bypass? A 4 week liquid diet is BRUTAL. I totally understand what you're saying - I barely liked a lot of the liquid stuff to begin with... flavor fatigue sets in real quick. Hang in there -- eventually this will be all but a bad memory to you. It will come to an end eventually.

11 hours ago, MoDavi7 said:

Worst of all, my surgeon requires a 4 week liquid diet after surgery.

What exactly do they mean with "liquid". Our 4 weeks were called "liquid" as well but was more like "thinner puree".

3 hours ago, Lanie992 said:

Did you get the sleeve or bypass? A 4 week liquid diet is BRUTAL. I totally understand what you're saying - I barely liked a lot of the liquid stuff to begin with... flavor fatigue sets in real quick. Hang in there -- eventually this will be all but a bad memory to you. It will come to an end eventually.

I had the sleeve done

2 hours ago, summerset said:

What exactly do they mean with "liquid". Our 4 weeks were called "liquid" as well but was more like "thinner puree".

sugar free popsicles, sf gaterade, sf propel, Protein Shakes etc. My surgeon doesn’t advance to purées until week 5.

13 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I barely tolerated shakes but I only did them for two weeks. I wouldn’t have been able to survive 4 weeks & think I would have felt just like you. Our tastebuds do get screwed up after surgery. Everything tasted sweet to me too or tasted like nothing.

I used to dilute my shakes which helped a bit with their flavour. Try some thin Soups & consommés also. They were my saviours.

Good luck. You will get through this.

I’ll try the Soups thank you!!

3 hours ago, Lanie992 said:

13 hours ago, sweetsmith78 said:

When I got to that point. I went to mushy foods very slowly.sunny side up. Or yogurt. tuna fish in blender. Like a teaspoon or less

I broke down and had some hummus yesterday. Maybe about 2 teaspoons. It was the best thing ever!!

Soup was a life saver. Just blend/strain them well to remove any chunks.

Cook up some vegetables and puree the hell out of them. I don't know what seasonings are allowed in your case but some salt or one of these little broth cubes should be ok I guess.

I got Panera Summer Corn Chowder and strained it...saved my life and sanity!!