Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worrying if I’m doing the right thing

I’m scheduled to have my gastric bypass this coming Tuesday and I’m so anxious. I’ve wanted this and I’ve been ready and now I’m can’t stop worrying. Am I doing the right thing? I have a 5 year old that I’m his whole world.. what if something happens?? Ugh someone please please help me

Ok love this post over and over you have two choices just like others i should cut and paste this post

1. Stay the unhealthy overweight way you are and be depressed and miserable and Die before you 5 year old makes it to graduations! Do not even bother ever thinking you will see there kids or grow old. Disease will take you out. So stop being selfish, If you want to be selfish order a URN on Amazon now.

OR

2. Grab the issue by the horns get the surgery and start the journey to a happy healthy life where you will live longer and be grateful you made this decision. Trust me been there done that

Sorry was not trying to be brash or mean, I have been where you are and so has a ton of other members. But really that is the only two decisions you have to make

1 hour ago, brwneyedgrl96 said:

I’m scheduled to have my gastric bypass this coming Tuesday and I’m so anxious. I’ve wanted this and I’ve been ready and now I’m can’t stop worrying. Am I doing the right thing? I have a 5 year old that I’m his whole world.. what if something happens?? Ugh someone please please help me

well i cant see your stats and your comorbities but it seems like alot of us would be dead in five years anyway from the cardiovascular disease or struggling with diabetes. Yep people do die definitely 1/200 to 1/700 nationally that has surgery dies. Those that dont there are many complications. The dead can't post here and the people with complications probably don't care to comment. However, remember why you started this journey. Is your comorbities at a head (diabetes cardiovascular disease severe sleep apnea)? What was your reason for starting? That's where you get your strength from. Now keep in mind some just breeze through the surgery with no complications but there is pain and struggle through the post op phase. Cuts hurt etc. Ultimately you got to be the one to decide if your situation is such that youve tried n failed to lose weight many times are morbidly obese and your comorbities are coming to a head. It's a personal decision and i hope you make the best one for you and your specific health problems (if any).💛

It's so easy to get caught up in the what-ifs when you get it all finalized. I went through this as well.

But like @tarotcardreader reader said, remember why you started this journey.

in 1 year, your entire life will be different. Hell, even in 6 months it'll be different. I had my surgery 2 months ago and I would do it over again in a heartbeat. You are worth the surgery and the struggles ahead. You might go through some buyer's remorse, but after a few weeks, it'll fade away. It's going to be scary, as any surgery is, but trust your team and know that they're professionals who will do all that they can to help you. After the surgery, the work starts. Stay dedicated and there are a lot of people on this forum w/a lot of experience.

You got this.

It’s normal to be worried. Just over 7 years ago, I laid on the bed about to be wheeled into surgery and they brought my little kids ages 3 and 7 in to see me. I tried to be strong while they were there and I think I succeeded pretty well, but after they left, my eyes filled with tears. I was thinking thoughts similar to yours and also, “If I die, will they grow up hating me for eating myself to the point where this surgery was my only option?” The nurse knew what I was thinking without me saying a thing and said “You’re doing this for them, so you can be a better mom.” Or something to that affect, and she was right. She reassured me that I was in good hands and I calmed down and went through with it. I have NEVER regretted my surgery. Even when I messed up and gained back 50 pounds (which I have lost again plus 10 more thanks to my tool!) It’s literally one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life. I’ve had so much fun with my family the last 7 years that wouldn’t have been possible if I had backed out. You’ll be ok. In a year you’ll most likely say it’s one of the best things you’ve ever done, too!

I went through those feelings too. I'm 49 and have a 9 year old son. But the biggest reason I had this surgery was for him. I wanted to be able to do things with him and have a chance to see him grow up. I wouldn't if I stayed 393 pounds. There are no guarantees in life, but I knew this gave me the best chance. I'm only almost 8 weeks out but I don't regret it at all. I already feel a million times better!
I had my gallbladder out in January and that's actually riskier than wls now, according to my surgeon, and I didn't think twice about that!
Good luck. You'll be fine!

Sent from my moto g(6) using BariatricPal mobile app