Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept 8th Sleeve day

Thank you! I will keep that in mind about sleeping on my bed if not I do you have a recliner at home I can try that too. And wow you lost 27 pounds that is amazing. I am in my pre-op diet stage right now. One more week to go [emoji51]
Aww thank u! Im pretty ecstatic about it and just pray it continues this well for me. Oooo ur getting close?!?!?! I know it feels like time drags by when ur waiting but it flies by once ur back home! Prayers for u!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there! Finally set for Sept 8th sleeve... on pre-op diet.
Anyone else out there for Sept 8th or next week? Would love to connect.

Prayers for all the surgeries tomorrow. Uve made it!!!![emoji16]

On 08/31/2020 at 16:45, Shoegirl6 said:

Hi there! Finally set for Sept 8th sleeve... on pre-op diet.

Anyone else out there for Sept 8th or next week? Would love to connect.

I had mine done on the 8th. How are you feeling?

On 9/7/2020 at 10:27 PM, regina r said:

Prayers for all the surgeries tomorrow. Uve made it!!!!

Thank you! Prayers worked. Surgery was a success on the 8th! The last couple days have been a struggle. The epidural was awful and because of it my bladder shut down and I couldn’t pee... so I had to stay in the hospital.
Haven’t been able to sleep. My stomach seems to gurgle and spasm a lot. I think I am having head hunger.

I really wish I could sleep more. But I know walking around is better for me.

9 hours ago, AmyVanRose said:

I had mine done on the 8th. How are you feeling?

Hi! I had mine done on the 8th as well. It was a smooth successful surgery. Getting the epidural was complete torture... it was awful and had an awful affect on my bladder. I had to stay in the hospital longer because I couldn’t pee. I am feeling ok now. Nothing goes down that smoothly. I swear I feel Jello moving thru every small inch of my stomach. Lots of gurgling and spasms, and I can’t sleep either. This will be a long few weeks ahead.

How are you feeling???

Hi! I’m new to this group/app but I had my sleeve done on September 8th too! Would love to connect with you! How are you feeling? I’ve had a lot of pain when getting up/down and it’s mostly in my right lower and middle of my belly. I tried the recliner one night but it wasn’t working for me so I’ve moved into my bed. Hope you’re doing well!!! Jen

On 09/11/2020 at 14:14, Shoegirl6 said:

Hi! I had mine done on the 8th as well. It was a smooth successful surgery. Getting the epidural was complete torture... it was awful and had an awful affect on my bladder. I had to stay in the hospital longer because I couldn’t pee. I am feeling ok now. Nothing goes down that smoothly. I swear I feel Jello moving thru every small inch of my stomach. Lots of gurgling and spasms, and I can’t sleep either. This will be a long few weeks ahead.

How are you feeling???

I’m doing okay but getting Water down is just awful. broth too. Thank goodness for sugar free popsicles & Jello & Protein water the nutritionist brought me in hospital. But I need to seriously work on getting plain water in. It’s strange, at times I can eat a whole popsicle but to take one tiny sip of water is awful. I hope you are doing well. What was epidural for? That wasn’t mentioned to me. I do worry that it’s been a long time since I’ve done anything except pee so I hope I don’t get blocked up because I’m even taking a stool softener from Surgeon every day but nothing. I know every day will get better and am thankful they all said my surgery went very well. Prayers going up to you Shoegirl6 and everyone else on this journey.

On 09/11/2020 at 19:59, JenniP said:

Hi! I’m new to this group/app but I had my sleeve done on September 8th too! Would love to connect with you! How are you feeling? I’ve had a lot of pain when getting up/down and it’s mostly in my right lower and middle of my belly. I tried the recliner one night but it wasn’t working for me so I’ve moved into my bed. Hope you’re doing well!!! Jen

Hi JenniP how are you doing? Hopefully you are doing well. Nice to meet you and have you to chat with going thru this as well as all others. I also am so thankful for the people who had theirs a long time now and come here to help us newbies out.

On 9/11/2020 at 10:50 PM, AmyVanRose said:

I’m doing okay but getting Water down is just awful. broth too. Thank goodness for sugar free popsicles & Jello & Protein Water the nutritionist brought me in hospital. But I need to seriously work on getting plain water in. It’s strange, at times I can eat a whole popsicle but to take one tiny sip of water is awful. I hope you are doing well. What was epidural for? That wasn’t mentioned to me. I do worry that it’s been a long time since I’ve done anything except pee so I hope I don’t get blocked up because I’m even taking a stool softener from Surgeon every day but nothing. I know every day will get better and am thankful they all said my surgery went very well. Prayers going up to you Shoegirl6 and everyone else on this journey.

Hi there! How are you doing? Thank you for sending up prayer for me! I send the same for you. I have really tried to stay off my laptop so I don't work. I have been trying to rest and heal. Can you get more water down? I find that crystal light type mixes goes down easier than plain water and drinking from a glass, not a plastic bottle is easier. I am doing fine with drinking and full liquids... but boy does my stomach gurgle. It makes so many noises to digest.

Yeah, the epidural is supposed to help you get up and walking faster. But they were terrible at it... pure torture.

I am healing ok... my staples are out and I think they look horrible. So I will try to minimize the scarring. I walk about 45 minutes every day outside and so far things are going good. It's hard to get 4 bottles of water and 2 Protein Shakes down though... I am full.

take care!

On 9/11/2020 at 7:59 PM, JenniP said:

Hi there! How are you doing? I was sleeved on the 8th as well, nice to meet you. Sorry I have been offline and off my laptop... just trying to focus on healing, Protein, and walking. I am doing well. I had a torturous epidural, but I didn't have pain from the surgery. I had pain at the incisions and staples, thank goodness those are out, but they look awful.

I am walking every day, and trying to get the 4 bottles of Water and 2 Protein Shakes down. I am full. My stomach gurgles if I eat cream Soup or cottage cheese.

I have slept in my bed... it's hard to sleep on my back, but the recliner did not feel good to my either. I am a stomach sleeper so this is hard.

Be well!

On 9/7/2020 at 10:27 PM, regina r said:

Prayers for all the surgeries tomorrow. Uve made it!!!!

Thank you! It went well.

How are you doing?

Thank you! It went well.
How are you doing?
Glad to hear ur finally on ur way post op and finished the "jumping hoops and hoping surgery day will come" phase! I'm doing great! I havent had hip and back pain anymore with 42lbs off my body (32lbs since surgery). I'm 8 weeks post op and happier than ever. Good luck with your journey!