Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Vitamins and Suplaments

Ask your surgeon to recommend what supplements are best for your needs & your surgery. There are some that are formulated especially for Bariatric patients. (I believe there are some on this site.) Some people struggle to swallow Vitamins post surgery so this might be a consideration in what sort you chose - capsules, gummies, patches...

Nothing will prevent the saggy skin or Hair loss. Sorry.

The saggy skin is what’s left after the fat is gone from your stretched out skin. If you’re younger, your natural skin elasticity may help to reduce some of the sag. But the older you are, the more weight you have to lose, how much your weight has fluctuated over the years all increase your chance of saggy skin. Some say exercise & weights but that only builds muscle to fill in under the skin. It doesn’t tighten the skin itself. (I’d have to have Chris Hemsworth’s arms to fill up my batwings.) The only way to get rid of saggy skin is to physically remove it. I was almost 54 when I had my surgery & expected I’d have saggy skin after. I actually didn’t have much once I hit my goal - my upper arms, a little looseness between my upper thighs & general softness on my tummy. Then I lost the additional 10kg & everything went south. Saggy butt, flappy arms, oozing down my thighs... I even have loose skin on my fingers! I’ve just accepted my sags as part of my journey to get where I am now.

The hair loss occurs because of the shock of the surgery & restricted diet accelerates your natural hair loss cycle. Supplements will only support new Hair growth. They won’t stop your existing hair from shedding.

Best of luck on your journey. It’s going to be amazing.

I heard Biotin was good for hair. However when i was doing my preop labs they had a sign up saying biotin may affect your lab results so if i were you i would hold off on adding anything presurgery unless told to or it could cause delays in an already long and complicated process

1 hour ago, Arabesque said:

Ask your surgeon to recommend what supplements are best for your needs & your surgery. There are some that are formulated especially for Bariatric patients. (I believe there are some on this site.) Some people struggle to swallow Vitamins post surgery so this might be a consideration in what sort you chose - capsules, gummies, patches...

Nothing will prevent the saggy skin or Hair loss. Sorry.

The saggy skin is what’s left after the fat is gone from your stretched out skin. If you’re younger, your natural skin elasticity may help to reduce some of the sag. But the older you are, the more weight you have to lose, how much your weight has fluctuated over the years all increase your chance of saggy skin. Some say exercise & weights but that only builds muscle to fill in under the skin. It doesn’t tighten the skin itself. (I’d have to have Chris Hemsworth’s arms to fill up my batwings.) The only way to get rid of saggy skin is to physically remove it. I was almost 54 when I had my surgery & expected I’d have saggy skin after. I actually didn’t have much once I hit my goal - my upper arms, a little looseness between my upper thighs & general softness on my tummy. Then I lost the additional 10kg & everything went south. Saggy butt, flappy arms, oozing down my thighs... I even have loose skin on my fingers! I’ve just accepted my sags as part of my journey to get where I am now.

The hair loss occurs because of the shock of the surgery & restricted diet accelerates your natural Hair loss cycle. supplements will only support new Hair growth. They won’t stop your existing hair from shedding.

Best of luck on your journey. It’s going to be amazing.

Here is a meme of me everytime i lose weight lol

2854D928-597A-41BE-AFA9-AC3E40902A43.jpeg

6 hours ago, tarotcardreader said:

I heard Biotin was good for hair.

some people swear it helps - others claim it does absolutely nothing - so.... not sure. I remember being told during classes 5+ years ago that the jury was still out on it. Seems they still are..