Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else as disappointed...

I would not put a number on your "expectations" - instead focus on getting stronger post surgery, and getting in all your fluids that you need. You CAN expect that you WILL lose weight. Even weeks 4 to 8 are considered post surgical recovery. Bodies hoard calories to heal themselves post traumatic injury - and having surgery is a traumatic injury to your body. Be good to yourself, and follow what your doctor says is right for you.

Thank you all for the positive comments, support and encouragement! It does make me feel better knowing that there are a lot of us out there dealing with the same issues. ❤️

I do want to clarify a statement that I made. When I commented that my surgeon expected me to lose 100 pounds by Thanksgiving, I think I worded that wrong. He wasn’t saying that as a demand expectation. That was just a goal that he was thinking I could reach by Thanksgiving.

Even though I have been obese for the last 10 years, I have been very blessed and have not had any health problems. Blood pressure is always normal, no diabetes, and my cholesterol is always on the very low end. I have never been on any medications for anything like that.

I did weigh this morning after spending a fabulous weekend at the beach with my hubby. We did lots of walking between walking on the beach and shopping. I will say that I did not eat as much as I do when I’m at home. I lost 4 lbs. Thats what I’m talking about! 😜

Here’s to a fabulous weight loss week for all of us! 🍷. Oh, what I would do for a glass of wine right now! No wine for me before December!

@Luv2cruz Unless i read over it, No one has asked a few very important questions. What is your height? What was your beginning weight? Are you logging your food? Are you exercising? What does your diet look like on a daily bases? The reason, if you have less to lose, you will tend to lose a little slower. A person who had 300lbs to lose will lose it faster that say a person that has 100lbs to lose. My story is a little different than some.... but anywho....

After being here for over 10 years i have seen and read many different stories. I have also experienced it with some very close friends. I've had friends like myself who had the band (lost 2017 gained 30lbs). Lost there band and have gained it back or revised to a different WLS. Some with success and some without. I have a few that had only the sleeve and either never lost or gained it all back. I've even had a few that had GB and either gained some or all of the weight back. I do have a few friends that had the band and have kept their weight off for over 10 years. The point is.... ALL WLS have their goods and bads. Ups and downs. It's how you as a person handles YOUR journey.

(ok just read your last post, so i'm taking out this part)

I would start at the begging, look within yourself. Maybe seek a counselor (it's helping me). Otherwise, i would start tracking your food (if you aren't already). Get yourself a good exercise program (even if it's just walking more and faster). I wish i had journaled....

I write myself inspiring quotes on my bathroom mirror. I know you didn't want to hear it, but its true and hard not to do... But, try to not compare yourself to others. I compared myself to others all the time, then someone years ago told me that..... So now i have on my mirror..... Envy is the thief of happiness.

I wish you only good thoughts on your journey.

When i was banded in 2009 I was considered severely obese. I, like you, had been very blessed and have not had any health problems. Blood pressure is always normal, no diabetes, and my cholesterol is always on the very low end. I have never been on any medications for anything like that. Still like that. My last set of blood work from my WLS and GYN was perfect.

2009 SW was 232lbs 5'2"... 2017 band removal 143lbs..... 8/28/2019 sleeved 173lbs. today 120lbs. I averaged about 4lbs a month.... remember sometimes slow and steady wins the race.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 8:44 AM, New&Improved said:

Haha okay enjoy I'm doing amazing thank you.

if you Keep your eye on your weight and your goals there's no reason to regain. Most people regain because they get complacent.

Goodbye

WOW !!!!!!!!!! Hope you don't have to EAT (no pun intended) your words..... .This line of conversation is so not right …...Wow! Good luck you ….

3 hours ago, Bari_KS said:

He is banned from this forum. If you use BP forum application, click on his name, it says " banned".

Good and I thought he was a she …..lol ….I called him "missy" lol :lol:

On 8/7/2020 at 1:42 AM, Luv2cruz said:

....As I am with how slowly the weight is coming off? I have been discouraged, but now I’m just getting downright disgusted. I am 10 1/2 weeks postop and have only lost 30 pounds. No, I do not think that is a lot. My surgeon told me that he expected me to be down 100 pounds by Thanksgiving. That is never going to happen.

I have a coworker on weight watchers and she is losing weight faster than I am. I am doing everything right, so I know that is not the problem.

I really don’t want to hear the speeches about how losing slower is better. This is just too slow. 😟 I would just like to hear from the folks that are also losing weight slowly and how you kept it going.

Maybe when you post something like this you should include a typical days food for people to see. They might have tips for you especially the veterens! I recommend scheduling with dietician as well

I am with you on this. I expected a much more swift and dramatic change. And now I'm stuck on a plateau that seems endless no matter what I do. I was given a bunch of malarkey about how this surgery would change my metabolism, and how the weight would come off at a rate of 2 -3 lbs a week. That hasn't happened.

I've lost 55 lbs, but 14 of them came off before surgery, when they had me on a two week liquid diet. So, in reality, I've lost only 41 lbs since my surgery, with comes down to an average of less than 1.5 lbs a week.

My metabolism hasn't changed and I fight for every pound lost, just like I've done all my life. If I ate 700 calories a day pre-surgery, I would have lost weight at the same rate, I'm sure. In the meantime, I feel that I've had to sacrifice so much, going through the pain and expense of surgery--I can't eat more than a few bites at a time, I can't drink Water, I can't even take a pill without getting nauseous. I feel tired and sluggish all the time. Yet, my doctor keeps insisting that everything is just fine. I'm starting to wonder if this was all just a big mistake.