Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else as disappointed...

....As I am with how slowly the weight is coming off? I have been discouraged, but now I’m just getting downright disgusted. I am 10 1/2 weeks postop and have only lost 30 pounds. No, I do not think that is a lot. My surgeon told me that he expected me to be down 100 pounds by Thanksgiving. That is never going to happen.

I have a coworker on weight watchers and she is losing weight faster than I am. I am doing everything right, so I know that is not the problem.

I really don’t want to hear the speeches about how losing slower is better. This is just too slow. 😟 I would just like to hear from the folks that are also losing weight slowly and how you kept it going.

Edited by Luv2cruz

Try changing up the foods you eat. I was eating the same things for a couple of weeks and when I added some new foods, added a 100 calories to my diet and changed things up, then I saw a good loss over the next weeks.

....As I am with how slowly the weight is coming off? I have been discouraged, but now I’m just getting downright disgusted. I am 10 1/2 weeks postop and have only lost 30 pounds. No, I do not think that is a lot. My surgeon told me that he expected me to be down 100 pounds by Thanksgiving. That is never going to happen.
I have a coworker on weight watchers and she is losing weight faster than I am. I am doing everything right, so I know that is not the problem.
I really don’t want to hear the speeches about how losing slower is better. This is just too slow. [emoji45] I would just like to hear from the folks that are also losing weight slowly and how you kept it going.

Same here. I've lost 33lbs in 9 weeks. I've been at 33 for a week and a half. I've also been doing everything right. Very discouraging. I really thought I would have lost 50lbs by now.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 Plus using BariatricPal mobile app

My VSG was December 17, 2019 as of today I’ve lost 49lbs. That’s in 8 months. So yes, it is frustrating to know you’re doing everything you were told and not getting where you think you should be.

53 minutes ago, It's time. said:

Try changing up the foods you eat. I was eating the same things for a couple of weeks and when I added some new foods, added a 100 calories to my diet and changed things up, then I saw a good loss over the next weeks.

What types of new foods did you add? I do feel like I’m eating a lot of the same stuff, but I’m trying to keep up my Protein levels.

42 minutes ago, crystaldawn81 said:

Same here. I've lost 33lbs in 9 weeks. I've been at 33 for a week and a half. I've also been doing everything right. Very discouraging. I really thought I would have lost 50lbs by now.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 Plus using BariatricPal mobile app

Me too! I’ve only lost 2 pounds over the last two weeks. It is very disappointing.

10 minutes ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

My VSG was December 17, 2019 as of today I’ve lost 49lbs. That’s in 8 months. So yes, it is frustrating to know you’re doing everything you were told and not getting where you think you should be.

Oh goodness, I really hate to hear that! That is really slow. It’s already disappointing for us, but what makes it worse for me is when I see people that had surgery right around the time I did and they’ve already lost 80 and 90 pounds.

Well first of all That is not slow @Luv2cruz . you are only 2 plus months out and that is a great start . Your body is still adjusting . Havent you lost inches? your clothes are fitting different im sure. I am 8 months out and as for pounds I only lost maybe 50 pounds but guess what I was wearing a size 22 but I sit here today writing to you wearing a size 14 comfortably on my way to a size 12 so sometimes its not the scale that will encourage you ..Its the inches … Be patient all of you .. Stay with your program and eat mad Protein Drink mad Water eliminate the carbs and sugar all together , track everything you put in your mouth and it will happen...you guys are bugging for nothing … it will happen.. Good Luck and don't compare your journey with anyone else … our bodies are gonna do it it's own way and time.... it is impossible not to lose if you do what I just said and even if you mess up it is still gonna lose ….

Welcome to the mission! Been there done that! Ok trust me on this, you have to not let it get to you, you will end up in a rubber room with a jacket that buckles from the back.

Everyone above nailed it, Mix up your diet alot, different foods, try some fasting, and flucuate you calories

I would do 3 days at 1100 calories then drop to a day of 500 then bump to 800 - That really worked for me Your body is saying WTF and is trying to conserve its fat = You gotta trick it.

Love the post above Its not the scale, You will get there we all have and it will be the best journey you have ever done

My Nutritionist encouraged 10 hour fasting and she mixed up the calories, At 600 calories a day you are going to break free of this stall and shred the weight.

One thing mix up your diet a little try different foods, My go to was seeds and nuts Low calories and kept.

There is no doubt the first 6 months are a b***h. But it will work and there is all the proof in the images here.

I just want to say that I think it was deeply irresponsible of your surgeon to put THEIR expectations onto you, especially when every single bariatric patient is unique and loses weight at different rates pre and post op. For every 5 people who manage to lose 100 pounds in 6 months time, you'll find 5 people who'll lose 50 or less pounds in that same span of time. Your surgeon should have allowed YOU to set your own goals for where you hoped to be by Thanksgiving and then helped you to get there.

1 hour ago, Luv2cruz said:

Oh goodness, I really hate to hear that! That is really slow. It’s already disappointing for us, but what makes it worse for me is when I see people that had surgery right around the time I did and they’ve already lost 80 and 90 pounds.

My case isn’t typical. I developed a hernia in March that has lead to some severe GERD, esophagitis and inflammation because of it. I’m actually having revision surgery this coming Tuesday to fix everything.

I do agree with the others. While your surgeon and nutritionist may say 600 calories a day, try adding an extra 100-200 calories and see if that helps. Stalls happen a lot. We just have to figure out what works for us to break through them.

57 minutes ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

Welcome to the mission! Been there done that! Ok trust me on this, you have to not let it get to you, you will end up in a rubber room with a jacket that buckles from the back.

Everyone above nailed it, Mix up your diet alot, different foods, try some fasting, and flucuate you calories

I would do 3 days at 1100 calories then drop to a day of 500 then bump to 800 - That really worked for me Your body is saying WTF and is trying to conserve its fat = You gotta trick it.

Love the post above Its not the scale, You will get there we all have and it will be the best journey you have ever done

I agree with you gator especially on fluctuating the calories. Fluctuating calories broke my stall. Because my body was holding on TIIIGHTLY to my fat. I was stalled for 2 weeks and I am only 6 weeks out.

Edited by futurefinemama