Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone!

I have been snooping around here for a little while and figured I should post something! I went to the informational seminar in September, had my first meeting with the Doc on 10/31, and finished most of my pre-op testing in one week! I scheduled my surgery for Dec. 10, and I just got the confirmation from insurance that I have been approved. (Only 70% though).

I have a blood test today, and the pre-op seminar Weds, and I'm done! I was very nervous in the beginging, but now I'm only excited. I'm worried about missing work and I'm hoping I'll be back in the office on Thurs. (Surgery is Monday) 12/10. What are your thoughts? Does this seem possible? I'm trying not to tell too many people I work with either. Anyways, I look forward to getting to know you all!

-Michelle:clap2:

Congrats on your date. Everyone is different and heals differently. I usually have a very LOW tolerance for pain, but I was out of pain in 2 days, however I felt very weak for 7-8 days. It really takes a lot out of you, so you may need to wait a week. Some people have a problem sitting up, I didn't. It was the weakness that held me back. After about 8 days, I felt pretty good...but who knows how people will react, it's hard to say. Good luck...I will be getting my first fill as you are having surgery

I Am So Happy For You Michelle!! Congrats!! I Am So Ready For My Surgery Too!! I Am Hoping For A Mid-to- Late January Surgery Date... I Currently Have Aetna And The Suck With Covering The Surgery But The Beginning Of The Year I Will Have Amerihealth And They Cover It And Fast Lol... So I Am Getting All Of My Pre-op Appts Done And January 2nd They Will Submit It To The New Insurance!! I Cant Wait!! Hope It Goes As Easy For Me As It Did For You! I Can't Wait To See All Of Us Christmas/new Year Bandsters In About 8-10 Months!! I Am So Ready To Shop In The "skinny Bitches" Stores Lol!!

<p>Congrats to you on your new journey. I was banded on November 8th along with 4 other ladies. We all were in Monterrey, Mexico together and did not know each other. I was the first to go in and never had a worry. I have a high pain tollerance and did not feel any pain or discomfort. The other ladies that had the surgery with me all had different levels of discomfort but I do not think it was anything serious. We were all up and around the day of our surgery. Our surgery was on a Thursday and we all flew home to different parts of the US on Sunday. I returned back to work on Monday. I never have had any pain. I consider myself lucky. When we all left on Sunday they still had some discomfort but in hearing from them now (three weeks later) they are all doing well. Stay positive and you will do well. It is wonderful.</p>

Ruth

Thank you so much for all your help! I'm very excited to start my "new life." I'll try and keep everyone posted on my progress. Thanks again!

I wouldn't push it. I had surgery on a Wednesday and returned to work the following Tuesday and I don't think I could have gone back any earlier. There are several factors you are dealing with. First of all the post-op discomfort (mainly the gas pain). That can be REALLY debilitating for several days initially. Then there is the general exhaustion from surgery itself. You are pretty wiped for about two weeks, just getting your stamina back. I went back to my desk job, but I did leave about an hour early each day the first week (I have a desk/computer job) back.

I would not want to go back that soon. I took three weeks off and i am so glad i did. I was tired for the whole first week and sore. I wanted time to get used to a new lifestyle. Donna - PS Congrats on your date.

Hi Michelle! Congrats on your surgery date! I too will be having my surgery on that day too. At first I didn't want to tell anyone but family about the surgery, but after a while I could hardly keep the excitement in. When I started to come out about the surgery, I got a couple wild eyes from a few friends who thought "You don't need drastic surgery..you're not that fat." When I told a few good friends in private how much I weighed, they were shocked. They couldn't believe I weighed that much. But, I feel good that I told my friends, because I need their support and they need to know that things will be changing for me shortly. The first person at work to know about the surgery was my boss in HR. I wasn't about to beat around the bush with her for the sake of keeping my job and not screwing myself over. She was very supportive.

Back in September I had a partial hysterectomy due to Ovarian Cancer on my right ovary. I dealt with the pain very well and surprised everyone how quickly I recovered from it. My mom, who had gastric bypass done a few years back, said that if I can handle a partial hysterectomy, that the lap band surgery will be a piece of cake.

Good luck!

Charly