Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I believe this incision was staples from the inside... Has anyone else had this before? Do you know if the staple dissolves and how long it will take to close? I’m 4 weeks post op. The dry rash is from my wound cleaner that I ended up having a reaction to, so I’m not worried about that.

The second picture is days after surgery and I think you can see the staple in there but I’m not sure.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image0.0.jpg

Yes please send that to your dr, I had something that looked like that once, and it was an extremely antibiotic resistant infection 😞

I had the same thing, it looked exactly like that. I sent a photo and then had a video chat with my doctor who said the incision opened, but wasn't infected. It was healing from the inside out so would take awhile . Keep it clean, apply Neosporin and wait. It's been 5 weeks and it's much better but no scab yet. Send this photo to your doctor anyway.

#1-contact your doctor immediately. He may have treatment/wound-care recommendations for you.

Here's my 2-cents (for what that's worth):

• Staples are metal. They will not dissolve.
  • You may have had internal stitches that are designed to dissolve. They may have dissolved before the wound was completely healed.
  • I'm no doctor, but I can sort of see the difference in the texture of your skin surrounding the wound leading me to suspect that the reaction you had to your wound care solution may have delayed normal healing of the incision. This is an open incisional wound, but it doesn't appear obviously infected to me.
  • Now that the wound is 4 weeks old, they're not going to re-stitch this. So, you're going to have to heal "from the inside out." Keep it clean and follow your doctor's wound care instructions.

Disclaimer: I am not a licensed medical doctor. Any statements above are not intended as medical diagnoses or advice. If you have questions/concerns about your condition, please contact your doctor..

11 minutes ago, S@ssen@ch said:

#1-contact your doctor immediately. He may have treatment/wound-care recommendations for you.

Here's my 2-cents (for what that's worth):

• Staples are metal. They will not dissolve.
  • You may have had internal stitches that are designed to dissolve. They may have dissolved before the wound was completely healed.
  • I'm no doctor, but I can sort of see the difference in the texture of your skin surrounding the wound leading me to suspect that the reaction you had to your wound care solution may have delayed normal healing of the incision. This is an open incisional wound, but it doesn't appear obviously infected to me.
  • Now that the wound is 4 weeks old, they're not going to re-stitch this. So, you're going to have to heal "from the inside out." Keep it clean and follow your doctor's wound care instructions.

Disclaimer: I am not a licensed medical doctor. Any statements above are not intended as medical diagnoses or advice. If you have questions/concerns about your condition, please contact your doctor..

^^^ this. Surgical staples are usually titanium and don't dissolve.

Thank you everyone!!! ☺️

Is this off to the left side? Like a little below your rib cage? It looks like the hole the drain is pulled through, and it should have scabbed over by now. Call the doc, and I hope it clears up soon.

On 07/17/2020 at 10:32, Foxbins said:

Is this off to the left side? Like a little below your rib cage? It looks like the hole the drain is pulled through, and it should have scabbed over by now. Call the doc, and I hope it clears up soon.

Yes! That’s exactly right! Thank you! I was worried that everyone else’s was stitched up but I believe mine was stapled from the inside.

The incision where I had my drain was open and still leaking for about a week post op. I'm a little over 2 weeks out and it has completely closed and scabbed over now. Please contact your surgeon.

Update: everything is looking much better! :) I stopped using my wound spray completely.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg