Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your ideas, what did you eat today?

Hello guys, I am trying to establish a diet, I know that is a bad word here but it is what it is. I would like to understand what other people eat each day and are able to lose weight with. Please be as detailed as possible;

-What you eat and in what order (recipes)

-Quantities (cup/ounces)

-When do you eat/how often

I believe that if I lay something out that I know works for others I will be able to follow it. I will stop second guessing if I am satisfied or I am truly hungry. I will be able to get the band adjusted for these quantities (kind of a reverse engineering).

If there are other threads on this then I appoligize but all I could find were recipes for women which is not enough food for me.

Thanks in advance.

Breakfast: Protein Drink, and a med iced coffee from local store. Skim milk and sweet and low.

Snack: only every once in a while but I take a low fat string cheese and a wheat tortilla and 1tlbspoon of salsa. Generally I cut the cheese and tortilla in ½ and make two portions, takes longer to eat.

Lunch: usually very lat in the day 1:30 – 2:00, some kind of grilled meat most of the time chicken thigh boneless skinless from Wall Mart with some grilled vegetables.

Dinner: for the last few weeks I have been swimming after work I have been hitting the mile mark just about every night. When I get home I am just not hungry. But what I have been eating is a sliced Tomato, some mozzarella cheese and olive oil and balsamic vinegar w/ salt and pepper or some Soup.< /span>

Before I started the evening swims though dinner was my worst meal. A whole chicken breast vegetables and a pita bread.

This is a little toughas I am adjusting to my new fill. Prior to my fill I was able to eat anything and just did not let myself eat alot. It was not too bad. I just had my first fill of 3.5cc in my 14cc AP large band. I really have to concentrate to eat slow now or it feels like I sw3allowed a golfball. My current menu is:

Lemon Mate tea in the morning.

Brerakfast: Usually 1 scrambled egg or a Protein bar

Snack: If hungry a couple pieces of Jerky. I make my own Jerky and I eat a ton of it throughout the week. Makes a great healthy low fat low carb snack.< /p>

Lunch: I usually do a small salad with different veggies and a few bites of chicken or turkey. I get it at a local saladbar. It's nice to have lunch only cost 1.50. It is probably the equivalent of a cup of salad.< /p>

Snack: Usually a Protein Bar. I find if I am doing stuff or busy I don't want anything to snack on. If I am sitting at my desk, I usually start craving something.

Dinner: Varies but usually whatever my wife makes, just a real small portion. My wife maid spaghetti last nightm which I really can't eat, so I had 6 small shrimp with cocktail sauce.

And then usually another few pieces of jerky in the evening.

It seems like a lot but my portions are pretty small and I eat pretty slow. If you have not tried Protein Bars yet I would recommend them. They fill you up bigtime and taste pretty good. You can find them with as little as 175 calories and 20 grams Protein. Sometimes I just eat a half of one and I am content.

I think the secret to this is that you can't restrict yourself to much. If i want a cookie or 2 I eat them. No big deal. But I can eat 1 instead of where i used to eat a box. I don't sit around eating Cookies all day, but it keeps me sane knowing that I can eat something if I want it and have the control to not go crazy.

Good luck

Breakfast: an omelet with egg beaters with spinach and 1 slice low fat cheese. A large Decaf coffee when I get into work.

Lunch: 1/2 egg salad or tuna salad sandwich on wheat or rye, a vegetable and an apple

snack: if I need it, a Protein bar.

Dinner: 4 ounces of either chicken or turkey, vegetable and peas or a small baked potato

Say diet or eating plan whichever your more comfortable with. It's a new way of eating you can continue the rest of your life. I started out at 264 and now am at goal 11 months later at 190. My meal plan is about the same every day.

coffee with Mocha mix (warm liquid helps loosen the morning tightness of the band.

30 minutes later I have 1/4 cup quick cook oatmeal with 3/4 nonfat milk and tsp of I cannot believe it's not butter

Mid morning I have a Protein bar (South beach)

lunch - Smart Choice frozen meal (various)

afternoon - Protein Drink or yogurt

dinner - 3oz Protein (normally chicken or lean ground beef patti) veggie and starch if I still have room.

Evening - Hot tea (helps me take a pill I take in the evening)

Like I said, I try not to stray to far from this routine. It's safe. I don't eat sugar and stay away from rice, bread, and chips. I find those will lead me down the road to a attempted binge which will only lead to me tossing everything back up. Thank God that's only happened a couple of times.