Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Just got the Revision from a 2013 LSG to DS 10 days ago. I'm recovering well and seeing excellent results. Everything went better than expected. Just graduated to Puree stage today after four weeks of a liquid diet. The diet was satisfying and I never went hungry. Now I'm adding some new foods to my diet for this 2 week stage.

In these COVID-19 times, the hospital does not allow visitors so no family could visit during my 5 day stay. I had four other required procedures that week for a total of 3 surgeries over 4 days.

I've seen a lot of great, relevant information on this forum. I look forward to getting through the journey with all of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and welcome!

Three surgeries over four days you've certainly been through the wringer, great that you are recovering well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 surgeries in 4 days - ack! Surprised your doctors were willing to do them all back to back like that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the original plan was one surgery, three procedures in one day. They fixed a hernia and removed gall bladder. They had to stop there and program two corrective procedures before I could get the gastric bypass. Both surgeons took great care of me. I was glad I was able to complete the DS, especially during the same hospital stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang i hope you have great insurance. Welcome to the WLS jungle -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, California Guy said:

Just got the Revision from a 2013 LSG to DS 10 days ago. I'm recovering well and seeing excellent results. Everything went better than expected. Just graduated to Puree stage today after four weeks of a liquid diet. The diet was satisfying and I never went hungry. Now I'm adding some new foods to my diet for this 2 week stage.

In these COVID-19 times, the hospital does not allow visitors so no family could visit during my 5 day stay. I had four other required procedures that week for a total of 3 surgeries over 4 days.

I've seen a lot of great, relevant information on this forum. I look forward to getting through the journey with all of you.

Welcome !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, California Guy said:

Yeah, the original plan was one surgery, three procedures in one day. They fixed a hernia and removed gall bladder. They had to stop there and program two corrective procedures before I could get the gastric bypass. Both surgeons took great care of me. I was glad I was able to complete the DS, especially during the same hospital stay.

So you got duoendal switch??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Superman84 said:

So you got duoendal switch??

Yes. I got the SADI-S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don’t mind me asking, who did your revision and how much was it? Did insurance cover it? I’m looking for a revision surgeon in California as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, platti said:

If you don’t mind me asking, who did your revision and how much was it? Did insurance cover it? I’m looking for a revision surgeon in California as well

I'm from San Diego and live in Houston now. Dr. Ricardo Bonnor first did my VSG in 2013 then my 2020 DS revision. I have great insurance so they covered all my needs. The most I pay out of pocket for all medical bills is $5k each year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×