Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Obsessing about Plastic Surgery!!

I love reading these threads so thanks to all of you for sharing.

I go for my first consult next week. I’ve been sitting at goal for months now even though I am only 10 months post op.

I suspect this is my happy weight even though I wanted to stretch it to 5 lbs less.

My limbs are very slim and butt, etc. just have this belly situation. I think a Tummy Tuck will do the trick. I’m 56 so I’m not trying for a bikini body. I just want to tuck a shirt in again before I die. Lol

I also don’t want to get too thin because tbh, wrinkles really POP when one loses weight after a certain age. Have you ever noticed how much better elderly people look when they are chubby versus skinny?

I always say that chubby is good at only two points in your life... as a baby and as an old person.

On 8/17/2020 at 12:44 PM, sillykitty said:

My scar progression is red > purple > pink > white line

I'm 8 months post plastics and my scars are in the light purple to pink stage

6 months post and I have a few spots that are half to an inch long that are already white and right next to that is a dark pink line. The white incision lines are definitely thinner that the red/pink incisions but it's odd. If I raise my arms up the incisions get pale and when I lower my arms they get darker from the blood flow.

On 8/17/2020 at 8:30 PM, Darktowerdream said:

I hate it but this is the only picture I have before my gastric bypass surgery. It was my birthday at the zoo before surgery. The stupid zoo snapped this horrid picture without me knowing. I wish I’d been able to enjoy the day more than I did. I treated my mom and her friends to a free day at the zoo and a close encounter with flamingos that I’d won. (Yeah It was supposed to be my birthday) that was April 2019. I tried to hide behind my camera. I didn’t know if the surgery was even going to happen but it did get approved the end of April one week before surgery. That happened April 29th. I despise pictures of myself and am not good at taking them. I tried to take a after picture. With and without the Faja. Trying clothes I never thought I’d wear. Not sure anyone wants to see. I dislike my arms and hands and my knees are weird ... and I don’t like my ugly mug 🤣 sorry they are terrible pictures but I never thought I’d be this weight or size ... or that I’d have an actual waist.

AF86F914-A2E6-4465-BF30-1A13E0342743.jpeg

9E4D20D5-F9E3-41D2-9A67-6E35BE19E46E.jpeg

30BD22B5-85A7-4E56-B690-5BBA0AB3DB3D.png

45F6C22F-27DE-4FCD-81B7-22CA684F5E0C.png

9ABC6D4A-B018-4707-9455-B0E5F8E3AF2B.png

8AEACD6A-3828-43FB-9A65-83D118DF76C6.png

You look great! You look like you were never heavy, you look completely proportional. I feel like I still have big calves and wish I had more of a waist but we always see things in ourselves to criticize that others don't notice.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:16 PM, pssk said:

I love reading these threads so thanks to all of you for sharing.

I go for my first consult next week. I’ve been sitting at goal for months now even though I am only 10 months post op.

I suspect this is my happy weight even though I wanted to stretch it to 5 lbs less.

My limbs are very slim and butt, etc. just have this belly situation. I think a Tummy Tuck will do the trick. I’m 56 so I’m not trying for a bikini body. I just want to tuck a shirt in again before I die. Lol

I also don’t want to get too thin because tbh, wrinkles really POP when one loses weight after a certain age. Have you ever noticed how much better elderly people look when they are chubby versus skinny?

I always say that chubby is good at only two points in your life... as a baby and as an old person.

I hear ya regarding the wrinkles. I'm in my 40's but man it stinks. I did read the other day that most women go up a bra size when they hit menopause so I am hoping at least that will work in my favor.

On 8/22/2020 at 5:25 PM, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I did read the other day that most women go up a bra size when they hit menopause so I am hoping at least that will work in my favor.

If I did then I didn’t have enough left to notice that I did. I had a hysterectomy in 2010. Then maybe a month before my gastric bypass surgery in April 2019 (somewhere thereabouts) I had a oophorectomy along with other pelvic surgeries to try to fix some post hysterectomy problems. They took one ovary covered in endometriosis. Later on some months after my gastric bypass I had to have another oophorectomy and to redo a surgical repair as well. So that put me into menopause. It’s hard to say since maybe menopause impacts me differently with having adult onset congenital adrenal hyperplasia and pcos ...

On 8/22/2020 at 5:20 PM, 2Bsmaller18 said:

You look great! You look like you were never heavy, you look completely proportional. I feel like I still have big calves and wish I had more of a waist but we always see things in ourselves to criticize that others don't notice.

@2Bsmaller18 I’ve never had much shape, I think the Faja gives some illusion of a waist. Probably a nice side effect of the belt lipectomy that I didn’t even think about was creating some waist definition. My having plastics was more for reasons beyond aesthetics. The physical effects of the excess skin and laxity, Including of the abdominal muscles. Although honestly I weirdly don’t have the normal curvature you have in your back that gives your butt definition because my spine is twisted (rotatory scoliosis) it’s just flat as a board. My stomach, butt and thighs were the biggest, I guess I never swelled as much in my calves except post op. My calves and fat piggy feet were huge when I came home. But I think that maybe taking turmeric gummies helped quite a bit. Using the Faja is what helps waist train and give definition especially post op so I plan to use it for a while. And then switch to just waist trainer. Not just to maintain the results of the surgery but to try to help with my severe back pain from degenerate disc disease, arthritis, and the scoliosis.

I’m very critical of myself and have a hard time when people comment what I look like. I don’t tend to see it. Or sometimes don’t interpret what they say as good. Ie. When someone says things like if you lose any more weight you will disappear.

and I’ve just been rambling ....

On 08/23/2020 at 21:12, Darktowerdream said:

If I did then I didn’t have enough left to notice that I did. I had a hysterectomy in 2010. Then maybe a month before my gastric bypass surgery in April 2019 (somewhere thereabouts) I had a oophorectomy along with other pelvic surgeries to try to fix some post hysterectomy problems. They took one ovary covered in endometriosis. Later on some months after my gastric bypass I had to have another oophorectomy and to redo a surgical repair as well. So that put me into menopause. It’s hard to say since maybe menopause impacts me differently with having adult onset congenital adrenal hyperplasia and pcos ...

08/22/2020 05:20 PM, 2Bsmaller18 said:

@2Bsmaller18 I’ve never had much shape, I think the Faja gives some illusion of a waist. Probably a nice side effect of the belt lipectomy that I didn’t even think about was creating some waist definition. My having plastics was more for reasons beyond aesthetics. The physical effects of the excess skin and laxity, Including of the abdominal muscles. Although honestly I weirdly don’t have the normal curvature you have in your back that gives your butt definition because my spine is twisted (rotatory scoliosis) it’s just flat as a board. My stomach, butt and thighs were the biggest, I guess I never swelled as much in my calves except post op. My calves and fat piggy feet were huge when I came home. But I think that maybe taking turmeric gummies helped quite a bit. Using the Faja is what helps waist train and give definition especially post op so I plan to use it for a while. And then switch to just waist trainer. Not just to maintain the results of the surgery but to try to help with my severe back pain from degenerate disc disease, arthritis, and the scoliosis.

I’m very critical of myself and have a hard time when people comment what I look like. I don’t tend to see it. Or sometimes don’t interpret what they say as good. Ie. When someone says things like if you lose any more weight you will disappear.

and I’ve just been rambling ....

I’m very sorry that you have so many health challenges.

I hope you are feeling better since your surgeries and in the future.

I searched awhile for a replacement for my post surgery bra and finally found something comparable and in some ways better. Considering the price it’s actually better than the higher price bra although for me I wish it came in a smaller band size it seems to be just about the right size on the tightest hooks. Ive basically been wearing it 24/7 unless in the shower and can hardly tell it’s on. So thought I’d share it. I actually wrote a Amazon review on it A. It’s good B. The company is sending a free product. I did buy one black one nude color. Size small that says for 24.8-26.7” underbust. It fits on the tightest hook which means no room to tighten when the elasticity stretches. I like that it’s structured and has shape and a little back support. It has a little cotton lining in the cups, I got rid of the tiny cup inserts. (Not necessary) but if you need extra these are the best I found. And good for even every day bras. It helps for me that they are front close. I’ll attach some pictures. @ChubRub I thought this might help for after your surgery. Time will be here in a blink. Order based on the under bust measurement. I couldn’t think anywhere else to post.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B4GTKRZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CA180E7C-1E33-4AB5-BBD5-C73241B8194C.png

5B52B670-AE09-4A4F-8CCC-665A73F5295A.png

DF316F7D-24C4-462E-A2C5-00FC45658087.png

F65AB237-F785-41E8-93C8-AB99986E6EE2.png

0AC8A0FC-C97B-45BD-8636-592463195CF6.png

238DB194-5AC9-4C5A-886F-FBE4B9053773.png

Thanks so much!! I will definitely order a couple for post surgery!

You look fabulous by the way! No swelling, etc. You don't even look like you've had surgery!!!

1 hour ago, ChubRub said:

Thanks so much!! I will definitely order a couple for post surgery!

You look fabulous by the way! No swelling, etc. You don't even look like you've had surgery!!!

@ChubRub thank you ☺️ I get swelling in my thighs and belly depending what I eat, I feel it. But I honestly think that taking turmeric must help. I started off taking Garden of Life Turmeric gummies Post op. I came home with my feet swollen piggies, and huge ankles, usually my swelling is my thighs but after coming home and taking my supplements and of course elevating my legs it went down pretty fast. I did switch to a turmeric collagen chew. I’m having some issues (not related to surgery) started before. I need to go for baseline bloodwork to check my liver. Because my bloodwork was altered by getting two blood transfusions. It’s weird I see my own picture and can’t quite grasp its me. I’m trying to keep my weight below my cap of 106lbs but have had some issues. I’ll need to see my doctor.

anyway. Sorry to ramble. I think you will like the bra and it’s definitely worth the price. I have my old Faja size XS by Marena. If you get the bodysuit you get it based on thigh measurements and the rest fits better. I wish I knew that after my surgery while I was still at hospital. If you didn’t mind it’s not new I could mail them to you. I thought about selling them but I just haven’t the energy to do so. I’ve also got two 32C surgical bras from Marena.

https://marena.com/products/sfbhs-compression-girdle?variant=14424291901482&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpcD0mefz6wIVB4eGCh1g2Qn6EAQYAiABEgJzrfD_BwE

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 7:00 PM, Darktowerdream said:

@ChubRub thank you ☺️ I get swelling in my thighs and belly depending what I eat, I feel it. But I honestly think that taking turmeric must help. I started off taking Garden of Life Turmeric gummies Post op. I came home with my feet swollen piggies, and huge ankles, usually my swelling is my thighs but after coming home and taking my supplements and of course elevating my legs it went down pretty fast. I did switch to a turmeric collagen chew. I’m having some issues (not related to surgery) started before. I need to go for baseline bloodwork to check my liver. Because my bloodwork was altered by getting two blood transfusions. It’s weird I see my own picture and can’t quite grasp its me. I’m trying to keep my weight below my cap of 106lbs but have had some issues. I’ll need to see my doctor.

anyway. Sorry to ramble. I think you will like the bra and it’s definitely worth the price. I have my old Faja size XS by Marena. If you get the bodysuit you get it based on thigh measurements and the rest fits better. I wish I knew that after my surgery while I was still at hospital. If you didn’t mind it’s not new I could mail them to you. I thought about selling them but I just haven’t the energy to do so. I’ve also got two 32C surgical bras from Marena.

https://marena.com/products/sfbhs-compression-girdle?variant=14424291901482&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpcD0mefz6wIVB4eGCh1g2Qn6EAQYAiABEgJzrfD_BwE

Thank you so much for the offer!! Right now, they would be too small for me, but if I can fit into them by the time I'm ready for surgery, I will definitely buy them from you!!

2 months until my PS!!! It seemed so long ago when I booked it, but now it will be here soon!

I'm increasing my Iron intake in prep for surgery (esp for pre-surgery labwork). Will start doing pre-reqs next month (labs, mammogram, chest xrays, etc), so that will keep me busy!

Fun stuff!!

2 hours ago, ChubRub said:

2 months until my PS!!! It seemed so long ago when I booked it, but now it will be here soon!

I'm increasing my Iron intake in prep for surgery (esp for pre-surgery labwork). Will start doing pre-reqs next month (labs, mammogram, chest xrays, etc), so that will keep me busy!

Fun stuff!!

yaaaaay!!!

Hello. I’m new here. I have passed the requirements for surgery. Package just went to insurance company. I’m 65 and single. Right now I’m 272. I started in July on this road at 283. I had a virtual pandemic-safe romance going for 8 months. He knew I was severely obese but he didn’t know HOW big. I had sent him a full body recent picture. Last night I decided to tell him my actual weight. Turns out he is also struggling at 6 feet, 295.

I eat healthy but too much. I lost the food/exercise balance 15 years ago after being severely injured. I’m eating about 1300 a day and walking 2400-5000 steps a day. But it isn’t coming off. I joined a gym but got worried about COVID so i quit going in August. Suspect failing muscle mass is hindering me. 59% of my bodyweight is from fat.

On 11/14/2020 at 12:51 PM, SoulGardener said:

Hello. I’m new here. I have passed the requirements for surgery. Package just went to insurance company. I’m 65 and single. Right now I’m 272. I started in July on this road at 283. I had a virtual pandemic-safe romance going for 8 months. He knew I was severely obese but he didn’t know HOW big. I had sent him a full body recent picture. Last night I decided to tell him my actual weight. Turns out he is also struggling at 6 feet, 295.

I eat healthy but too much. I lost the food/exercise balance 15 years ago after being severely injured. I’m eating about 1300 a day and walking 2400-5000 steps a day. But it isn’t coming off. I joined a gym but got worried about COVID so i quit going in August. Suspect failing muscle mass is hindering me. 59% of my bodyweight is from fat.

Welcome to the board!! Best of luck with insurance approval, and hopefully you'll be scheduling your surgery very soon! That's great that you have a romantic partner who can relate to the struggle of obesity. Can't wait to follow your progress!