Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's ALREADY sick of xmas?

Try listening to some different music - there's a lot of it out there. Even though I love this time of year, I too get tired of the same old music - I listen to Trans-Siberian Orchestra (my favorite!) . . . new and old Christmas songs spiced up with jazz, rock, classical . . . it's great! Try searching for other different music on Amazon . . . there's lots of different stuff out there. Explore! Life's too short for the same old tunes.

I do like the music and I try to get the different stuff. I like renassaince music, Maggie Sansone is good, dulcimers and other ancient intruments. I have a CD called Ancient Noels that is fab. My all time favorite Christmas CD is "The Bells of Chistmas" by the Chieftans with others, Elvis Costello does a great song that sort of sums up my feelings about Christmas. Going to listen to some right now, then put up a tree and do some decorating if I can force DH to go up into the attic. I really just go with my feelings from year to year and just do not do what I don't feel like doing.

That's the Bells of Dublin, not Christmas, other goods ones are, Noels Celtiques and A Renaissance Christmas by the Waverly Consort if you like that sort of thing.

yup feeling very scrooge-like this year.

i just put lights up on the tree and its been up since tuesday - well it sat for 2 days in the garage. i actually chopped it down from the famly tree farm in Wi and we put it in my xB and drove it home sunday. my first tree chopping experience was cool - felt like a lumberjack but that didnt last long. just not feeling xmasy.

Amen to that, Harmony, well said. Myself, I LOVE this time of year, but I choose to have fun with it - I love seeing my son's eyes light up when we put up the Christmas tree and all the lights. It's the little things that make it worth it.

Maybe for those who are sick of Christmas - try something different this year? Make your own traditions and try some new ideas. Forget shopping and wrapping - several members of my family and I share our favorite charities, and we donate to them (even $5.00 helps). No shopping, no crowds, no wrapping, and you help someone at the same time. And it's in the true spirit of giving.

Try listening to some different music - there's a lot of it out there. Even though I love this time of year, I too get tired of the same old music - I listen to Trans-Siberian Orchestra (my favorite!) . . . new and old Christmas songs spiced up with jazz, rock, classical . . . it's great! Try searching for other different music on Amazon . . . there's lots of different stuff out there. Explore! Life's too short for the same old tunes.

Try decorating differently . . . every year, we put out a beautiful wire-frame deer with white lights (you must have seen these, they're so popular) . . . and every year I never see it, 'cus it's in front of my house (only when I'm coming and going do I see it). This year we put the deer in the BACK yard . . . now I can enjoy looking at it every night, through our doorwall! Who says you gotta decorate the front yard only?

Anyway, just a few suggestions. Do something different, treat yourself, try a charity! For those who believe (and bless you anyway if your beliefs are different) try praying. Jesus is the reason for the season. There's enough hate and bitterness in this world . . . it's your choice as to whether or not to let it sink in.

Peace!

I couldn't have said it better myself.. Merry Christmas..

I got a Christmas card in the mail yesterday from a woman I used to work with (she was later fired) and along with it came her traditional xmas letter. The one she sends to everyone but she signs it, "Mom."

Everyone this year died, her daughters moved out because they were fed up with her, her mother is sick (and dying), her brothers won't speak to her, her job stresses her out, she's always ill and missing work so probably going to be getting fired from this job as well... OMG! It went on and on. I was so depressed after reading it.

I swear, the only reason half her family is dead and the other half is dying is to get away from her once and for all.

I was really annoyed when Walgreens and Dillards had decorated their stores and they were playing xmas music before it was even HALLOWEEN! Every single year it gets earlier and earlier. Pretty soon they'll do as my neighbors and keep their xmas decorations up all year around.

Yay! Another Christmas hater! Everyone keeps telling me that I will love Christmas now that my daughter is pregnant. "It will be so nice to have a child in the family because Christmas is all about children."

Well I say Bah Humbug to that. I will love my grandchild so much but it will still be one more person I have to shop for. I hate shopping!

I hate xmas too.

The only decoration I put out is a cute stuffed Grinch.

I am a atheist and it seems that all the bad about xmas really sticks out this time of year.

I say Bah Humbug

I got a Christmas card in the mail yesterday from a woman I used to work with (she was later fired) and along with it came her traditional xmas letter. The one she sends to everyone but she signs it, "Mom."

Everyone this year died, her daughters moved out because they were fed up with her, her mother is sick (and dying), her brothers won't speak to her, her job stresses her out, she's always ill and missing work so probably going to be getting fired from this job as well... OMG! It went on and on. I was so depressed after reading it.

I swear, the only reason half her family is dead and the other half is dying is to get away from her once and for all.

I was really annoyed when Walgreens and Dillards had decorated their stores and they were playing xmas music before it was even HALLOWEEN! Every single year it gets earlier and earlier. Pretty soon they'll do as my neighbors and keep their xmas decorations up all year around.

Oooh, this sounds like my kinda Xmas letter! Usually they are so damned upbeat and, well, boastful. I used to dream of writing a fake one in this vein with, you know, tales of dead pets, failed exorcisms, plagues, and the like. :heh:

Oooh, this sounds like my kinda Xmas letter! Usually they are so damned upbeat and, well, boastful. I used to dream of writing a fake one in this vein with, you know, tales of dead pets, failed exorcisms, plagues, and the like. :heh:

Ditto! At least it's somewhat realistic it seems..especially for this woman! Usually, in my experience anyway, people use them as an opportunity to brag..a lot...sometimes about really STUPID stuff. I like getting them from people I hardly know who talk about people I don't know at all and/or from people I don't like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Xmas is tough around here because of cousre as with most money is tight!!

We buy only for the small kids, and not alot!

Then for anyone that asks me what I want/need...I tell them..

I need you to make a donation to the Non- Profit Animal Rescue Group that I volunteer for.(Partnership For Pets) so that fewer animals have to die in shelters alone, because with their donations we are able to foster and get them the medical attention they need!!!

We as a family do the same.

We "sponsor" a pet that needs a foster home and medical done...

Its a great feeling knowing those dogs/cats will not have to spend another holiday alone..just from a little bit here and there!!

Anyway, its makes my holidays better!!!

Xmas is tough around here because of cousre as with most money is tight!!

We buy only for the small kids, and not alot!

Then for anyone that asks me what I want/need...I tell them..

I need you to make a donation to the Non- Profit Animal Rescue Group that I volunteer for.(Partnership For Pets) so that fewer animals have to die in shelters alone, because with their donations we are able to foster and get them the medical attention they need!!!

We as a family do the same.

We "sponsor" a pet that needs a foster home and medical done...

Its a great feeling knowing those dogs/cats will not have to spend another holiday alone..just from a little bit here and there!!

Anyway, its makes my holidays better!!!

If only there were more like you. Happy Holidays to you and your family!!!

Welcome to the Christmas haters club, Edie. I have a lot of grinches. My kids buy them for me because I hate Christmas so much! I have a Bah Humbug sweatshirt that is my favorite sweatshirt and I am mad that it's too big now. When I bought it, I couldn't even get it on. I was so happy when I lost enough weight to wear it. I wish I could find another one.

My grinch sweatshirt is getting too big too. :)

Welcome to the Christmas haters club, Edie. I have a lot of grinches. My kids buy them for me because I hate Christmas so much! I have a Bah Humbug sweatshirt that is my favorite sweatshirt and I am mad that it's too big now. When I bought it, I couldn't even get it on. I was so happy when I lost enough weight to wear it. I wish I could find another one.

My grinch sweatshirt is getting too big too. :)

You'll love these, Denise: Bah Humbug T-Shirts and Gifts : CafePress.com : Shop Over 35 Million Unique Products and Bah Humbug! Ebenezer Scrooge Quote T-shirt « Christmas Stuff

The last shirt's pretty darn funny, I think.

I wish people would stop randomly asking me, "So, are you all ready for Christmas?" Honestly, how the hell am I supposed to answer that question when I can't stand the whole thing? I've tried every type of response from a friendly smile and nod (lie) to telling them flat out that I don't Celebrate. It's like the world knows I want to be left alone so more and more and more people ask (today at the nail salon, the grocery store and a friend.) If I tell them the truth, it turns into a Christmas therapy session of why I should believe. The truth is, I don't believe or disbelieve either way. If Christ is real, the day should be spent in God's country (mountains, streams, oceans) thanking him for all his glory (which is how I spend the day anyway.) If he's not real the day should be a DAY, like 4th of July, Easter or Thanksgiving. Several people have already "hinted" that they got me something, so now I feel obligated to get them something in return (can't help it, overeaters are people pleasers by nature.) I accepted presents for years without giving in return but I can't deplete my Karma Bank that way, and I don't feel good about accepting gifts. I give gifts all year - if I see something that reminds me of a friend, I buy it! Today I found a cute picture frame for graduation and brought it straight to the pizza place where my teenage neighbor works since she graduates soon. Now I'm all vaklempt on what to get who, blah blah.

Then the Mother of all holiday potlucks is at my work. The Annual Foodfest starts Monday where the company drew names and issued everyone a day (I'm Tuesday.) On my day, me and 7 others bring food. This goes on for 2 solid weeks in addition to the 12 platters of transfatty appetizers, 11 tins of Cookies, 10 gifts of food, 9 extra sodas, 8 happy hours, 7 cups of eggnog, 6 candy canes, 5 free luncheons, 4 free hams, 3 Awards banquets and one super catered Christmas party...

For all the Christmas lovers out there, WHY THE HELL ARE WE OBESE?