Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2020 surgeries

2 minutes ago, cowgirlcullen said:

I just had surgery yesterday, yay! :)

Sorry, didn't realize this was for sleeves, I got the bypass. And I can't figure out how to delete my comment.

33 minutes ago, cowgirlcullen said:

Sorry, didn't realize this was for sleeves, I got the bypass. And I can't figure out how to delete my comment.

You’re fine! I’m pretty sure we have a combo of both commenting here. How are you feeling?

7 hours ago, Puffin said:

Hi there, silly question probably.. what is robotic? Will the doctor be doing the surgery with the help of a robot?

Yes. It is supposed to be more accurate and cause less pain after surgery. The dr is looking through a very hd screen and controlling robotic arms

10 hours ago, LisaDee1 said:

I am at Northside also with Dr. Lytle. Just found out yesterday that it will be robotic

Oh - Same group! Gorjala is doing mine! I think most of the ones they do are robotic (I hate the gas, but better than a muscle incision for sure).

> and hello to all the new June people! 🌈☀️

@Puffin robotic is in a way a kind of laparoscopic surgery, they operate it like robotic arms (many are done that way now). 😊 edit: And what Lisa said (she posted while I was typing. Didn’t mean to duplicate.

Edited by AlwaysCruising

8 hours ago, colormehappy said:

You’re fine! I’m pretty sure we have a combo of both commenting here. How are you feeling?

Doing great actually. I feel pretty normal today. Just tired mostly. The pain isn't much at all. I've had sprained ankles that were much worse as far as pain goes. And I'm able to drink normally and can take-in as much fluids as I like, which I thought was pretty weird.

Alright.. Now that I can finally sit at my computer for a bit.. I will share my experience..

Hubby woke me up at 5:30AM (He was already up because he was on night shifts). Took me a quick sip of Water before realizing that I wasn't supposed to drink 2 hours before. Was truthful with the nurse and anesthesiologist, and it seemed to be okay.

Anyways, I got to the hospital and was shown my room so that I could change into my hospital clothes and drop off my belongings. Once I changed, I was brought to the operating room where everyone started introducing themselves. They got me on the table and tried to make me comfortable as they could.

My anesthesiologist held down a mask over my face that hurt real bad, to be honest. Felt like it was crushing my nose, so I tried my best to breath out of my mouth, but I could barely do that, which I am guessing was the point. I was injected with something before she said "goodnight" and then I woke up after surgery.

I switched from the table to a bed, then was wheeled to recovery. I had two nurses looking over me - both were really sweet. I asked for some ice chips, and 30 minutes after being in there, asked to use the bathroom. They helped me in there and it was a struggle. I leaned forward to grab the toilet paper, which took all my strength, and right as I was about to wipe, I DROPPED IT. I managed to get it done the second round. We went back to my bed, and I was in and out of it for a couple of hours. I think I was there for about 2 hours after surgery before they called a porter to put me in a wheelchair to take me to my room.

I was happy about this because I missed my husband and wanted to be close to him. We get to the room and he wasn't there. I was absolutely heartbroken. I wrote him asking where he was and he told me the nurses told him I wouldn't be back in the room until 2PM (It was roughly 11AM at this point). Either way, I was upset. Thought he was just leaving to grab a few things and come back. He jumped into a call with me and talked to me until he made it back to the hospital. All was fine..

We basically just laid around at that point. I tried getting up a few times and walking around the room because of all the advice I had been given on moving. I wanted to be out of pain as fast as possible. My hubby asked if I wanted to go outside with him so he could vape and I agreed.. We walked along a really beautiful river. The air felt so good. Once we came back, it was a matter of me being in and out of it again. I didn't drink enough water, I suspect, because I ended up with a pretty bad headache.

I was sent home the next morning. I felt worse than the day before. I guess it was a lack of fluids and all the incisions where my stomach muscles didn't help with how I was feeling. I also can't really lift my neck forward without help from my hand, but sitting up is fine..

I started a timer once I got home and started drinking accordingly. I don't feel insanely better today, but I do feel a bit better. Cocio One goes down really well for me, so been drinking that quite a bit.. About to try some drinking skyr.. Wish me luck.

Ok Guys tomorrow is my big day and I’m so nervous. I am having the Gastric Sleeve with Dr. Wright. Anyone have any suggestions for me to calm my nerves?

13 hours ago, LisaDee1 said:

Yes. It is supposed to be more accurate and cause less pain after surgery. The dr is looking through a very hd screen and controlling robotic arms

thank you because I remember my surgeon saying something about this to me :)

13 hours ago, AlwaysCruising said:

Oh - Same group! Gorjala is doing mine! I think most of the ones they do are robotic (I hate the gas, but better than a muscle incision for sure).

> and hello to all the new June people! 🌈☀️

@Puffin robotic is in a way a kind of laparoscopic surgery, they operate it like robotic arms (many are done that way now). 😊 edit: And what Lisa said (she posted while I was typing. Didn’t mean to duplicate.

thank you for chiming in, I really appreciate it. My surgery is coming up and 2 weeks and I'm trying to soak up as much information as possible :)

17 hours ago, jlow347 said:

Yes, the Dr. will control the robot. I’m scheduled June 23 with the robot as well ( gastric bypass).

We're almost surgery twins.. I'm getting sleeved on June 24th. Prayers and blessings to you.