Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2020 surgeries

I just got scheduled last week for June 29

Finally got my reschedule date!! was April 1st then the world went to hell. Now it is June 24th! I start my liquid diet next week..yikes!! I'm so thrilled though, so over the wait!

10 hours ago, colormehappy said:

I obviously don’t recommend it, but I’ve seen people on YouTube videos say that they didn’t follow the liquid diet at all! Some doctors only have a 24 hour liquid diet. You’ll do awesome, 5 days will be perfect.

Some surgeons do not require a liquid diet at all before surgery (mine requires a 1200 calorie diet for 2 weeks). Many will explain that as “liver” related as a quick explanation, but it is actually more about Fluid retention - they want that fluid gone that people “lose” the first week of a diet that people tend to think is fat instead of fluid. There is a huge variety in pre-surgical protocols - maybe some surgeons don’t stay up on the research, maybe some have clinical experiences that make them lean a certain way, maybe both.

Edited by AlwaysCruising

Tomorrow morning is the big day for me!! I am so excited and so freaking nervous. My husband has been on night shifts this week, so I've been up all night with him. I am really hoping I can get myself to sleep at a normal hour tonight so I am not so exhausted tomorrow and don't spend tonight feeling miserably hungry from having to fast.

Today we went out and purchased some mini milk (0.4% fat), cocio one, and skyr to be ready for the liquids when I get home from the hospital. There is a mention about blended Soup but the recipe link isn't working, so will have to ask about it and pick up some things on the way back.

How is everyone feeling post op atm? Any hunger pains?

16 minutes ago, BoredFatGirl said:

Tomorrow morning is the big day for me!! I am so excited and so freaking nervous. My husband has been on night shifts this week, so I've been up all night with him. I am really hoping I can get myself to sleep at a normal hour tonight so I am not so exhausted tomorrow and don't spend tonight feeling miserably hungry from having to fast.

Today we went out and purchased some mini milk (0.4% fat), cocio one, and skyr to be ready for the liquids when I get home from the hospital. There is a mention about blended Soup but the recipe link isn't working, so will have to ask about it and pick up some things on the way back.

@BoredFatGirl I will be sending you alllll the good ju ju tomorrow. And then joining you the day after. Sounds like you are ready and have a best-case plan. I hope it happens the way you want it to and if not, don't panic. Things often don't. You'll sleep afterwards. Please check in when you can and I will do the same. Also, there is a May, June, July, Bypassers thread with several people going this week and next. Join us!

Edited by MaybeMeow

2 hours ago, Round2newme said:

I just got scheduled last week for June 29

Congrats! I am scheduled June 23rd. I have so many appointments coming up, I know the time will fly by.

2 hours ago, BoredFatGirl said:

Yay! So excited for you! I’m 5 days post-op today and I don’t know how to describe how I’m feeling. Sort of like hunger? But sort of just like a hollow stomach feeling? I’m realizing from reading here that it may be more reflux than hunger, although it’s not the traditional backing up in the throat heartburn feeling.

48 minutes ago, colormehappy said:

Yay! So excited for you! I’m 5 days post-op today and I don’t know how to describe how I’m feeling. Sort of like hunger? But sort of just like a hollow stomach feeling? I’m realizing from reading here that it may be more reflux than hunger, although it’s not the traditional backing up in the throat heartburn feeling.

The hollow could also be gas. Speaking as someone who suffers from IBS and reflux hollow is how I might decribe gas pains that isn't moving. And maybe yes also similar to the acid in stomach feeling. Does it help when you drink or eat? My program allows you to add watered down cream of wheat, Jello etc.

Edited to say it could also just be swelling. Will take weeks for you stomach to heal. Hope it improves each day.

Edited by MaybeMeow

Mine is June 15th.... I just have one day of a liquid diet pre-op. 🙂

I’m so excited for you! I have four more days. I pray that all goes well!!!

No liquid diet would be wonderful, but I don’t want to take a chance. If my Dr. goes in and the liver is not small, he will close you up is what I’ve been told. 🙇🏽‍♀️