Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh?

How often do you weigh?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you weigh? Why?

• Daily
    • Weekly
    • Monthly
    • Never

Weighing is irrelevant! THIS IS A JOURNEY TO GET HEALTHY - PLUS MOST OF us go bat poop crazy when they do not lose a pound this week or 4 one week!

I just weighed myself today last day of a month i weigh in! Yes I am pissed off I lost 11 more pounds this month! I knew i was lossing i was trying as hard as i could to hold but this sucks!

I used to weigh daily, now more like every four days. I'm not bothered by normal fluctuations but I don't want to gain during the lockdown. The scale actually provides very little information about health, but it's one of the easier things to do. If normal fluctuations do bother you, I'd recommend doing it a lot less often than I do.

On 3/29/2020 at 1:05 PM, Zoomzoom said:

I started out weighing daily. But after hitting the 3 week stall, I started weighing weekly for my sanity.

This is how I started out as well. However, I do sometimes weigh myself twice a week.

I weigh daily, but I only allow the scale to record the weight if it dropped that day lol... hate seeing my weight chart go up and down with daily fluctuations lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Every single morning I weigh myself and record my weight. I usually weigh myself before bed for informational purposes and sometimes in the middle of the day especially if I ate something heavy. It’s a little fanatical but I have no intention of stopping. Recording my daily weight has helped me get to know my body better.

I liked weighing myself weekly but then my scale keeps screaming at me to step on it so I do it every time I go to the bathroom.😭

During my first year of weight loss, I weighed myself once a month because I knew that if I weighed myself more frequently I would ruminate over every stall, every uptick of the scale. It was a happy surprise each month to see how much weight I had lost over the previous four weeks.

When I hit one year out, I began weighing daily. (I'm 13 months out). This is because my weight seems to have plateaued and now I have to be really careful about how much I eat and exercise so that I don't regain. I log my daily weight in MyFitnessPal and watch the 30-day and 7-day trends to be sure I'm on course.

I was restricting myself to once a week on Monday morning. This is what I did up until now (7 months post-op). I now find myself weighing every morning. Some people say that weighing themself daily helped them learn about their bodies. I am not sure what I am expecting to learn but I am hoping to see a pattern somewhere.

I weigh daily because my monthly cycle has a huge impact on my weight. If I weighed weekly, some weeks I might be higher simply because it’s getting close to ‘that’ time of the month. Without knowing my daily pattern, that would really upset me.

So I weigh daily knowing that stalls and periods happen. I just don’t let them get me down :)

I'm still pre op, but I weigh daily. I find it helps keep me on track. I only count Wednesday for score though so in general if I've lost as of Wednesday every week I consider that a success.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using BariatricPal mobile app

I weigh daily, I use a bariatric app that I log my weight and measurements in once a week though.

On 8/13/2020 at 10:04 AM, kossde said:

I weigh daily because my monthly cycle has a huge impact on my weight. If I weighed weekly, some weeks I might be higher simply because it’s getting close to ‘that’ time of the month. Without knowing my daily pattern, that would really upset me.

So I weigh daily knowing that stalls and periods happen. I just don’t let them get me down :)

@kossde, I have noticed the same issue. I only recently, during this horrid COVID-19 pandemic, realized that my monthly cycle is a surprisingly huge impact on the numbers of the scale. For my sanity, I no longer weigh myself as often as I did before. Honestly, I rarely even look at myself in the mirror. If it wasn't for all of this loose skin....aiyiyiiiii. smh🙄

I weigh at the same time every day (morning before Breakfast, after tea). Also always naked. Sometimes I don’t remember to weigh myself so it’s sometimes more like 3-4 times a week. My weight has stabilized in the last six months though.

On at , ChubRub said:

Daily...before I pee...after I pee...before I poop...after I poop! It's all for science of course!!! LOL!!!

That’s no lie lol I’m the same way, I have a scale in the kitchen and in the bathroom! I’m on the scale 10 times a day lol I’m 5 weeks post op I’m losing so slow ugh