Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regret

I’m back in the hospital. I tried to avoid coming here for the longest for obvious reasons. I’ve been in the waiting room for 3 hours, I’m super dehydrated but every time I drink Water I gag/regurgitate and it’s only 3 sips each time. I honestly hate how I’m living right now and I regret my surgery w every bone in my body. I wish I never did it and there’s nothing I can do but basically suffer. I also started getting really bad panic attacks and that’s another reason i’m just fed up with all of this. I pray things turn around before I go insane.

32 minutes ago, Celeste97 said:

I’m back in the hospital. I tried to avoid coming here for the longest for obvious reasons. I’ve been in the waiting room for 3 hours, I’m super dehydrated but every time I drink Water I gag/regurgitate and it’s only 3 sips each time. I honestly hate how I’m living right now and I regret my surgery w every bone in my body. I wish I never did it and there’s nothing I can do but basically suffer. I also started getting really bad panic attacks and that’s another reason i’m just fed up with all of this. I pray things turn around before I go insane.

Hang in there, you’ll get through this. They’ll get you hydrated and you’ll be home before you know it. Have you spoken to your surgeon?

Thank you I’m really trying . & yes i have multiple times but there’s just nothing to do but always end up at stage 1 and get fluids at the hospital

Girl, I feel you! I went through hell and back after I had surgery. My recovery was awful. I couldn't drink Water, I would throw up after I tried a Protein Shake, and i wasn't keeping anything else down. I ended up getting super dehydrated and I had to get IV fluids. I instantly felt regret and kept asking myself why the hell I did it in the first place.

It took me 3 months to recover and feel somewhat normal. Do I regret my decision now? No, not at all. I would go through it all over again. Just hang in there and listen to your body and know it will go away soon and you will be back to normal.

On 03/26/2020 at 00:11, MarvelGirl25 said:

Girl, I feel you! I went through hell and back after I had surgery. My recovery was awful. I couldn't drink Water, I would throw up after I tried a Protein Shake, and i wasn't keeping anything else down. I ended up getting super dehydrated and I had to get IV fluids. I instantly felt regret and kept asking myself why the hell I did it in the first place.

It took me 3 months to recover and feel somewhat normal. Do I regret my decision now? No, not at all. I would go through it all over again. Just hang in there and listen to your body and know it will go away soon and you will be back to normal.

I honestly needed to hear that , like finally someone who gets it! it’s been super rough this is my 4th time getting admitted. but i’ve gotten fluids 3 other times and have just gone home. I’m 2 months out and knowing it took you 3 has got me like oh my lord but i’m sticking it out. can’t wait to be out this feeling

Hang in there, This is just a speed bump on the journey, You are getting healthy and the reward will be worth it. Try and look forward to the end result and get thru these rough times. Good luck and best wishes

Just had another swallow test , and once again everything is clear and “beautiful” as my doctor said. No one seems to understand why I keep throwing up but I’m back down to stage 3 with food. I don’t really wanna go home just yet if this is gonna continue

did i not just say I keep throwing up?

Cry me a river I see the kind of person you are through your replies. Yes I drank two sips of the contrast and yes it was horrible and I didn’t keep it down.

Listen, you obviously don't like me. Fine, I can live with the fact that some random stranger on the internet doesn't like me.

However, that you don't like me doesn't change the fact that your swallowing test was obviously not normal. Patients with a normal swallowing test don't throw up two sips of contrast media into the radiologist's face.

So once you're done complaining about me you might want to take into consideration that your test wasn't "all clear and beautiful" and maybe you'd like to get a second opinion about what is still normal or not more than 3 months after surgery.

16 hours ago, Celeste97 said:

Cry me a river I see the kind of person you are through your replies. Yes I drank two sips of the contrast and yes it was horrible and I didn’t keep it down.

I don't understand how they could even do a proper test with only two sips.

18 minutes ago, Hop_Scotch said:

I don't understand how they could even do a proper test with only two sips.

That's why I asked how it was even possible for her to drink the required amount of contrast media because she wrote her doctors claimed everything was "clear and beautiful" and one should think that proper testing was done since they obviously came to the conclusion that everything was alright. Unfortunately she decided to lash out and I'm not in the mood for dealing with this kind of behavior. I'm here as a private person and patient after all, too.