Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

These are the facts!

Waking a sleeping Giant.....
The reports are that the truckers are getting supplies to the stores.
People are stocking the shelves all night and letting old people shop first.
Carnival Cruise line told Trump “We can match those big Navy Hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships”
GM said hold our cars and watch this; we can make those ventilators where we were making cars starting next week.
Women and children are making homemade masks and handing out Snacks to truckers.
Restaurants and schools said, We’ve got kitchens and staff; we can feed kids.”
Churches are holding on-line services and taking care of their members and community.
NBA basketball players said, “Hold our basketballs while we write checks to pay the arena staff.”
Construction companies said, “Here are some masks for the medical staff and doctors”.
Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients.
We thought we couldn’t live without Baseball, NASCAR, NBA or going to the beach, restaurants or a bar. Instead, we’re trying to keep those businesses open by ordering take-out.

What communist China didn't count on was America saying "Hey, hold my beer and watch this."

I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941, "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."

Give us a few more weeks (maybe months) and we will be doing much better! Look at your community and the activities going on!

amen, we may have gotten kicked in the teeth however we are gonna get up and prevail as that is what we do as humans prayers and health to you all during these trying times

I wouldn’t get on any hospital cruise ship, so far all they have done is shown how they spread the virus among people even when they are locked in their own cabins

Except not all good is happening. My mom works in a doctors office, but in the county that I live in the average age is 48. Most people here are older and the doctors offices aren't allowing anyone 65 or older in the offices and I live in the California foothills. People retire here. Meaning there is a large population of 65 and older so there aren't many people going to the doctors offices and a lot of people are being laid off. My mom had 4 patients yesterday. FOUR. She's worried she's going to lose her job because yesterday they laid off 14 people and warned that more layoffs were coming. The only reason I'm not worried about my own job is because it's a Fortune 500 Company and a fourth of our staff took leave because they told us we could if we didn't feel safe. I'm currently considering it, but am waiting to hear back if my doctor will approve leave for me. My sister's fiancee is on leave because he's a cook at a restaurant that decided to temporarily shut its doors until the pandemic dies down a bit. And right now my sister is the only one working because she's working at a fast food place as a shift manager. So while yes, there are some good things going on, there are more bad things imo. At the rate things are going we're likely headed to another recession if not another Great Depression.

It is heartening to be reminded of the good things folks are doing to respond to this crisis...To quote Mr. Rogers "Look for the helpers." I see this in my immediate community and across the nation. Couple of things, though.

1. I don't believe, and I don't see any evidence that "Communist China" did this "to us". Everyone of course is entitled to their own opinion, but the unspoken premise of the post is that.

2. People are really suffering, physically, emotionally and financially. While it is not all grim, let's acknowledge it ain't all a Bing Crosby musical, either.

3. If ever there was a time to think globally, act locally, it is now. I can't make ventilators, but I can practice social distancing, wash my hands and be mindful of what I am touching, so maybe we need one less ventilator this week. I don't have the wealth necessary to address this financial crisis, but I can donate an extra $10.00 this week to our local "healthcare for the homeless" coalition that is trying to get folks housed to ride this out in someplace other than open air, cot to cot shelters. I am not a healthcare provider, but I know folks who are, and I can reach out to them if for no other reason than to say thanks; I bought a bag full of markers and coloring books, sidewalk chalk, and bubbles, washed it all down with bleach and vinegar, and called and left it outside my neighbor's house; the mom is a nurse pulling 12 hour shifts.

Just one lady's thoughts...my state is in a state of emergency and all non-essential businesses are closed. I work for the City, so I physically go to work 2 days one week and 3 days the next and WFH the other days; I have a paycheck coming in. I vacillate from "we're going to be ok" to "this is terrifying and I am terrified". While I do know folks who have tested positive, they have had mild cases. I know that the ICUs are filling up, and every day there are more deaths. My friends who are doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals are scared. We are having more and more police and firefighters test positive. My husband's great aunt is in a long term care facility that has 8 residents that have tested positive so far; she is 93 and not likely to survive if she gets this. Her kids are devastated that they can't even go in and visit with her. My own husband is out of work, he was laid off as of Feb. 28, before this really hit and unrelated to it, BUT there are no jobs to apply for. We personally will be ok, and I have a lot to be grateful for.

Hope everyone stays healthy and safe, connected and engaged.