Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Well after being denied and appealing the surgery and waiting 7 weeks for a surgery date which is 3/18, I believe they are canceling my revision due to the virus. Because it’s elective. 

I hope I’m wrong. I am in so much pain from the heartburn. I’ve been on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. 

I’m so upset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Carrie20 said:

I’m so sorry. I hope that’s not the case. I mean, you’re so close!

Thanks. I’m just disappointed etc. I’ll be fine. The heartburn ick for another few weeks... until all the bans are lifted.
I don’t wish the virus though on anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m scheduled for the 18th as well and have been suffering with horrible heartburn all week making it hard to walk at all. Worse when I stand up. I’m so scared that I will be cancelled as well. My only hope is there are no current cases in my area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. We have a bunch In Ny today and schools closed for 2 weeks.
I can’t take the heartburn. I know people are sick. I just can’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me as well and from what I'm hearing now, we may be on total lockdown within days, not 1-2 weeks. I will be calling the Bariatric office tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to here about that, ride it out and keep the faith that soon it will get done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, sorry to hear it, Georgette. At least you got another not too long from now appointment. Hopefully everything will have settled down by then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Well after being denied and appealing the surgery and waiting 7 weeks for a surgery date which is 3/18, I believe they are canceling my revision due to the virus. Because it’s elective.

I hope I’m wrong. I am in so much pain from the heartburn. I’ve been on a liquid diet for 2 weeks.

I’m so upset.

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I requested late April and was just given a date this morning of 4/20/2020. However even with a date over 4 weeks from now I was still told that date may change pending any negative info on COVID-19 for my immediate area, keeping fingers crossed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, VIN_IN_AL said:

I requested late April and was just given a date this morning of 4/20/2020. However even with a date over 4 weeks from now I was still told that date may change pending any negative info on COVID-19 for my immediate area, keeping fingers crossed...

Good luck to you.
My hospital has “no elective surgeries till 4/15”. This was the first avail date.
I am disappointed but understand. My son gets married beginning of June so I wanted it all over lmao

maybe they’ll lift the ban here. Unsure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to all of you guys! I know it sucks, and hopefully this will dissipate quickly so that life can get back to normal and not many more people suffer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×