Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone else have cold feet and felt doom before surgery... I am on preop diet opti fast I have cheated a few times and it makes me wonder if i am ready .. surgery is march 18th and I have listened to a few close friends tell me not to do this try again on my own... I feel so stressed out even left my surgeon a message that I ate .. I do not know what to do.. I have 4 little kids and I am terrified to do this ...

I'm sorry that your support is lacking. I think it's normal to go back and forth, but try not to sabotage yourself. Do you have anyone who can help you post-op with your children?

16 minutes ago, Mello1 said:

I'm sorry that your support is lacking. I think it's normal to go back and forth, but try not to sabotage yourself. Do you have anyone who can help you post-op with your children?

Not really.. I would be relying on myself .. and this scares me tremendously I'm so up in the air and feel like a failure I have barely made it through my prediet .. how would I make it after ..

I would hope a few of those close friends would help and support you so that you aren't doing it on your own.

A lot of people don't do perfect on the pre-op diet, and the nerves before surgery are not unusual.

Take a deep breath...take some time out and consider why you wanted the surgery in the first place, want you want to achieve from it...

10 minutes ago, Hop_Scotch said:

I would hope a few of those close friends would help and support you so that you aren't doing it on your own.

A lot of people don't do perfect on the pre-op diet, and the nerves before surgery are not unusual.

Take a deep breath...take some time out and consider why you wanted the surgery in the first place, want you want to achieve from it...

Thank u very much ...

I cried in pre-op - wondering if I should get off the stretcher and just leave, I was so scared. My surgeon came in and was so kind. He said, "None of my patients have ever come back saying they wished they had not had surgery. You are going to be fine and you are going to have a new life." I just needed that little boost of confidence.

It is normal to be scared. It means you know that you are making a huge, life changing decision. NOT having the surgery has more dire consequences for your health and life than having the surgery. It's just a door you have to walk through. Once you do, you will also find a new life on the other side.

I once asked my PCP if I should just try it on my own one more time. Her words spoke the truth, "If you COULD have done it, you WOULD have done it by now."

Edited by AZhiker

1 hour ago, AZhiker said:

I cried in pre-op - wondering if I should get off the stretcher and just leave, I was so scared. My surgeon came in and was so kind. He said, "None of my patients have ever come back saying they wished they had not had surgery. You are going to be fine and you are going to have a new life." I just needed that little boost of confidence.

It is normal to be scared. It means you know that you are making a huge, life changing decision. NOT having the surgery has more dire consequences for your health and life than having the surgery. It's just a door you have to walk through. Once you do, you will also find a new life on the other side.

I once asked my PCP if I should just try it on my own one more time. Her words spoke the truth, "If you COULD have done it, you WOULD have done it by now."

Thank u for this ...I appreciate the kind words. It's hard going through this I was amped excited up until i got my surgery date now I am spiraling with anxiety and self doubt googling is horrible .

5 hours ago, AZhiker said:

I needed to hear this! My sleeve date is 3/24. I just can’t seem to be ok with not being able to do it by myself and keep questioning if I should just give it one more try. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Clorose5 said:

I needed to hear this! My sleeve date is 3/24. I just can’t seem to be ok with not being able to do it by myself and keep questioning if I should just give it one more try. Thank you!

Me 2 this worries me so much to a point where I even smoked i feel so much pressure and yes I am some what a failure and i no. Just things scare me and i have had pretty horrible luck this far in my 40 years

29 minutes ago, Clorose5 said:

I’m so sorry. You have had bad luck. I just feel nauseated at the thought of surgery and being a failure when it comes to the diet.

8 minutes ago, Clorose5 said:

I’m so sorry. You have had bad luck. I just feel nauseated at the thought of surgery and being a failure when it comes to the diet.

This is exactly how I feel .. will I be able to eat several small meals a day and drink enough fluids

my date is 27th March and I am absolutely terrified and not sleeping. My head flits from wanting to cancel to wanting to get it done. I feel sad that it has come to this but I know if I don't have the op then I have to accept a lifetime of being overweight and unhappy, and my weight continuing to rise. what has helped me is trying to visualise a positive outcome, seeing myself coming home from surgery with no complications and the thought of being healthy and slim in the summer.

In my view if you weren’t having any thoughts like you are then you would not be taking it all seriously enough. It’s normal.

On 3/8/2020 at 9:10 PM, Socee said:

Thank u for this ...I appreciate the kind words. It's hard going through this I was amped excited up until i got my surgery date now I am spiraling with anxiety and self doubt googling is horrible .

This has been me since I got my date of 4/9.

I had a bad day today. I was ready to call and cancel the surgery but I’m doing better now. I went and worked out and made sure I didn’t overeat tonight. I was having thoughts and giving it another try on my own. It’s just so overwhelming.