Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gaining weight nearly 3 years post gastric bypass



Recommended Posts

Just now, Jessiemay said:

I don’t drink, I stick to tea squash and water!
I have googled my other meds and they don’t make you gain weight

Is squash sugar free? And is your tea unsweetened?

Ok well, sounds like you've got all the answers you need. :)

Here's a link to opiodes and how it can affect weight. Wish I could copy/paste my arthritis doc for you. That's where my information comes from and from my n=1 experience with them from my degenerative spine and hip disease. I'm blessed cuz after 155+ lbs of weight loss, I just tuff through my daily pain and no longer have to medicate.

Additionally I'm on a cancer drug for life that puts me into deep menopause with COMPLETE hormonal disruption. It causes weight gain in the biggest percentage of people. And yet, somehow I have been able to lose weight in the face of taking. I learned last week I will likely have to stay on it for life. So I'm just gonna try to keep tricking my body and mixing things up.

Have you tried Intermittent Fasting? BTW, you haven't mentioned WHAT you eat. WHAT you eat is as important as HOW many times you eat, HOW MUCH you eat. I can do a LOT of caloric damage with a 5inch plate. Just sayin.

Maybe you could post a typical day or two of meals?

Here's the article:

https://blackbearrehab.com/blog/how-opiates-affect-your-eating-habits-and-appetite/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for the link to the website I will give that a read :)

my typical day is below

Breakfast

1/2 cup cereal

1/2 cup nonfat milk

Lunch

1/2 cup low-fat chicken soup

Two Rice cakes

Dinner

2 ounces chicken

1/4 cup mashed potatoes

1/4 vegetables

snack - 1Apple & 1banana normally each of these are cut up and but in lunch boxes and I will snack on them through the day if I fancy it if not then I won’t touch them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jessiemay said:

Well when I had the surgery in October 17 I Was on the implant and I suffered really badly with heavy bleeding so I spoke to the doctors and they took my implant out and started me in the injection well that just sent me phyco so they took me off that and put me back on the implant and then they discovered that they had done it wrong and it wasn’t working so had to re do it and I have had the implant in for 1.5 years and don’t seem to have had any issues with it.

OMG ..... If it's the Depo Shot..... STOPPPPPPP!!!!!! Years ago they removed the IUD and started me on the Depo... I gained 50lbs in one month.... it was horrible.

Look into the Nuvo Ring. It was the best Birth control EVER.... I tried it all, the Pill (nausea all the time), diaphragm (terrible bladder and yeast infections), Condoms with and without foam (latex-sensitive), IUD (terrible bleeding), the shot (major weight gain, but i didn't bleed), then the Ring. It was the only one that worked for me. Then in my 30ies i had a partial hysterectomy.... OMG it was like the heavens parted and the angels were singing.... At 50 i started menopause and it sucks Ass..... I started gaining weight and couldn't control it, no matter what i did. So i decided enough was enough and paid OOP for a revision to the sleeve.

Note: All of the birth control was before i was banded in 2009 SW: 232 LW 143: Removal 2017 at 143. Sleeved 8/28/19 at 173.5, today 131.4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

OMG ..... If it's the Depo Shot..... STOPPPPPPP!!!!!! Years ago they removed the IUD and started me on the Depo... I gained 50lbs in one month.... it was horrible.

Look into the Nuvo Ring. It was the best Birth control EVER.... I tried it all, the Pill (nausea all the time), diaphragm (terrible bladder and yeast infections), Condoms with and without foam (latex-sensitive), IUD (terrible bleeding), the shot (major weight gain, but i didn't bleed), then the Ring. It was the only one that worked for me. Then in my 30ies i had a partial hysterectomy.... OMG it was like the heavens parted and the angels were singing.... At 50 i started menopause and it sucks Ass..... I started gaining weight and couldn't control it, no matter what i did. So i decided enough was enough and paid OOP for a revision to the sleeve.

Note: All of the birth control was before i was banded in 2009 SW: 232 LW 143: Removal 2017 at 143. Sleeved 8/28/19 at 173.5, today 131.4

I also gained a ton of weight from Depo-Provera. Like 40 lbs in the six months or so that I was on it. I finally told the gyno that I wanted to stop it, because she couldn't guarantee that my weight would stabilize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, Jessiemay said:

Thank you very much for the link to the website I will give that a read :)

my typical day is below

Breakfast

1/2 cup cereal

1/2 cup nonfat milk

Lunch

1/2 cup low-fat chicken soup

Two Rice cakes

Dinner

2 ounces chicken

1/4 cup mashed potatoes

1/4 vegetables

snack - 1Apple & 1banana normally each of these are cut up and but in lunch boxes and I will snack on them through the day if I fancy it if not then I won’t touch them

Bless your heart! That seems like TINY portions of food. I would be famished on them! I mean, yes, it's pretty carby, but you're eating so little it's hard to imagine you're gaining on it. I really think @BayougirlMrsS and @catwoman7 really are onto it...maybe in addition to the pain meds. So it's like a one-two sucker punch to the hormones and to insulin, etc.

Edited by FluffyChix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Jessiemay said:

Thank you very much for the link to the website I will give that a read :)

my typical day is below

Breakfast

1/2 cup cereal

1/2 cup nonfat milk

Lunch

1/2 cup low-fat chicken soup

Two Rice cakes

Dinner

2 ounces chicken

1/4 cup mashed potatoes

1/4 vegetables

snack - 1Apple & 1banana normally each of these are cut up and but in lunch boxes and I will snack on them through the day if I fancy it if not then I won’t touch them

If i may:

Cereal is not good for you, plus it's mixed with milk and this will not keep you full. Most cereal has loads of sugar. I would replace that with a smoothie or eggs and bacon. My husband makes me a quiche .... Eggs, bacon, green onions, cheese and cream. I have one slice which is about 3-4oz.

Soup is loaded with sodium and again won't keep you full. Try the Protein and some kind of veggies.

dinner looks good except for the mashed potatoes.... maybe try a baked sweet potato or some other veggie.

Bananas are nearly pure sugar... Try: pineapple, cherries, blueberries, blackberries,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jessiemay said:

Thank you very much for the link to the website I will give that a read :)

my typical day is below

Breakfast

1/2 cup cereal

1/2 cup nonfat milk

Lunch

1/2 cup low-fat chicken soup

Two Rice cakes

Dinner

2 ounces chicken

1/4 cup mashed potatoes

1/4 vegetables

snack - 1Apple & 1banana normally each of these are cut up and but in lunch boxes and I will snack on them through the day if I fancy it if not then I won’t touch them

I would be starving on this meal plan. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

That seems like TINY portions of food. I would be famished on them! I mean, yes, it's pretty carby, but you're eating so little it's hard to imagine you're gaining on it.

Yes, I wonder how little calories that is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, summerset said:

Yes, I wonder how little calories that is...

I'd pop it into MFP, but there can be big diff between chicken Soups, low fat. :) With or without noodles? Cream of chicken or clear broth...broad or thin noodles, ramen...roflmao. Lions and tigers and bears!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BayougirlMrsS said:

If i may:

Cereal is not good for you, plus it's mixed with milk and this will not keep you full. Most Cereal has loads of sugar. I would replace that with a smoothie or eggs and bacon. My husband makes me a quiche .... eggs, bacon, green onions, cheese and cream. I have one slice which is about 3-4oz.

Soup is loaded with sodium and again won't keep you full. Try the Protein and some kind of veggies.

dinner looks good except for the mashed potatoes.... maybe try a baked sweet potato or some other veggie.

Bananas are nearly pure sugar... Try: pineapple, cherries, blueberries, blackberries,

Thank you for your advice on the meal plan, everything I eat is wheat and gluten free and the milk I have red cap and I normally will only eat half a banana a day and half an apple pineapple and berries and cherries upset my tummy due to having the bypass the Soup is sugar free and low in fat and I don’t like sweet potatoes however I do like swede.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I'd pop it into MFP, but there can be big diff between chicken Soups, low fat. :) With or without noodles? Cream of chicken or clear broth...broad or thin noodles, ramen...roflmao. Lions and tigers and bears!

What is MFP? Yeah it’s not many calories at all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Bless your heart! That seems like TINY portions of food. I would be famished on them! I mean, yes, it's pretty carby, but you're eating so little it's hard to imagine you're gaining on it. I really think @BayougirlMrsS and @catwoman7 really are onto it...maybe in addition to the pain meds. So it's like a one-two sucker punch to the hormones and to insulin, etc.

Yeah I think now that I have written everything down and spoke with all you lovely people, I think it most likely is the meds, hormones and insulin so I guess it’s back to the surgeons and doctors and Bariatric specialists yay 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jessiemay said:

What is MFP? Yeah it’s not many calories at all!

MyFitnessPal is a free food tracker app. I use it to log my food each day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you find the ‘magic key’ to your problem. I’m touched by your humble openness. Good luck 🙌🏽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Seige  »  Pj23

      I was in A-Fib several times the week after my surgery. I had been on a beta blocker prior to surgery, but went off it, substituting another BP med, so I could take the stress test. I thought I was dying. Went back on the beta blocker, and the new drug as well. Pulse went back to my normal, under 50. But my BP is still high. Surgery was 3/8. Have a cardiologist appointment 4/8. My surgeon has been of no use. He just says it will go down, when you  lose your  weight.  He didn’t even examine my incisions. Did his job, not interested now.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • It's time.  »  healthyamy20

      We are right there with you.  A lot of time and work waiting for this and  boom.... but no end in sight and the uncertainty is sooo hard.  But,  I do remind myself that people are dying and being in a hospital isn't a safe place to be and I rather be fat and alive than thin and dead. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • MsMocie

      I wish there was any obvious, easy soloution to the whole bony butt situation!
      · 3 replies
      1. Machalo

        So I was in the WalMart the other day waiting in line for my prescription refills and on the shelves are the different braces and canes and aids of all kinds. One of them was a "Coxys Cushion"! I was floored. Since when did they start making those? While I still have a ton and a half of weight to lose before I'll need one of those, I was happy to see it since I've read the threads about bony butt syndrome on here. ((HUGS))

      2. MsMocie

        I have one of those donuts, very uncomfortable :P I ordered a pair of padde thights to see if it helps with it. My body is like, I like to loose fat on the ass and the tighs first. So I have this butt with all bone, and that squiiishy stomach with all the rest of the fat on it😂 and I never had an issue with my ass, I actually quite liked it beeing a little junky in the trunky!

      3. biginjapan

        This is not something I have to worry about - as a pear-shaped gal I have a lot of padding! That said, with age and now weight loss it's not as..firm as it once was and I am afraid of how much will be left back there once all is said and done!

    • AshMarie794

      STAY SAFE EVERYONE!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Angelove22

      4 more days!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×