Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day. So many mixed emotions. Any last-minute , most important advice you wish someone had told you? I'm getting the sleeve.

Tomorrow is already here for me! I’m also a March 3rd surgery, but I’m in Europe so a few hours ahead of you. My surgery is the last one of the day in the afternoon, due to it being a revision, so lots of time for me to think about it here in the hospital.

I got the sleeve 3 years ago and it was much easier than expected. However, other people on my floor had different amounts of pain, so everyone is different. The first week or two is probably the hardest, but even then it’s not that bad (think: first world problems). You’ll do great and remember that this is for life. You’ll have to always think about what and how much you are eating, but you’ll also be free of whatever health problems you may have and will be able to enjoy shopping so much more. Good luck!

I report tomorrow morning at 11 AM, surgery is at 1PM (second to the last procedure of the day). I'm finally nervous, thinking about things I literally have no control over, mind games. I'm a bundle of nerves under this calm exterior. I believe in prayer and meditation, I will do both.

21 minutes ago, biginjapan said:

Tomorrow is already here for me! I’m also a March 3rd surgery, but I’m in Europe so a few hours ahead of you. My surgery is the last one of the day in the afternoon, due to it being a revision, so lots of time for me to think about it here in the hospital.

I got the sleeve 3 years ago and it was much easier than expected. However, other people on my floor had different amounts of pain, so everyone is different. The first week or two is probably the hardest, but even then it’s not that bad (think: first world problems). You’ll do great and remember that this is for life. You’ll have to always think about what and how much you are eating, but you’ll also be free of whatever health problems you may have and will be able to enjoy shopping so much more. Good luck!

Thank you so much!! I wish you the best on your revision. You can do this, we can do this! I'll be thinking of you and can't wait to here about your success!!

We should be asleep, my mind is on so many other things. I'm laying on my side and I may even lay on my stomach tonight, just because.

9 minutes ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I report tomorrow morning at 11 AM, surgery is at 1PM (second to the last procedure of the day). I'm finally nervous, thinking about things I literally have no control over, mind games. I'm a bundle of nerves under this calm exterior. I believe in prayer and meditation, I will do both.

You will do great!! I am happy my surgery is in the morning, but nerves nonetheless. We've got this, we're in good hands! Can't wait to hear about your success!! Here's to the new us's!

Just now, Katheryn0303 said:

Thank you so much!! I wish you the best on your revision. You can do this, we can do this! I'll be thinking of you and can't wait to here about your success!!

Yes, you are all in my prayers and thoughts. My goal is to provide an update from the hospital sometime tomorrow after the good drugs allow me to be coherent enough to communicate with non hospital staff.

1 minute ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

We should be asleep, my mind is on so many other things. I'm laying on my side and I may even lay on my stomach tonight, just because.

It's hard to sleep when so many different thoughts. I cleaned my house instead, cleaned my car, made sure all my prep is done. I'm ready, let's do this!!.. it's funny, this week every time I wore something i told myself, this will be the last time i wear these Jean's, etc. So excited!

Just now, Katheryn0303 said:

It's hard to sleep when so many different thoughts. I cleaned my house instead, cleaned my car, made sure all my prep is done. I'm ready, let's do this!!.. it's funny, this week every time I wore something i told myself, this will be the last time i wear these Jean's, etc. So excited!

Yes, I was mentally saying farewell to my clothes, my undergarments, my breasts....lol

I'm so thirsty already, but I know we can't have anything after midnight or else we turn into a evil Gremlin.

41 minutes ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I'm so thirsty already, but I know we can't have anything after midnight or else we turn into a evil Gremlin.

My surgery is at three and my surgeon has encouraged me to keep hydrated and drink Water, coffee, or apple juice until noon! I also had a carb-heavy meal last night. Let me tell you, these European surgeons have different standards that I’m not used to (since I did the US/Mexican way last time), but I’m going with it. We’ll see what happens.

Edited by biginjapan

Just now, biginjapan said:

My surgery is at three and my surgeon has encouraged me to keep hydrated and drink Water, coffee, or apple juice until noon! I also had a carb-have meal last night. Let me tell you, these European surgeons have different standards that I’m not used to (since I did the US/Mexican way last time), but I’m going with it. We’ll see what happens.

Sounds good to me, I think you are going to be just fine. The advances in medicine are amazing and in Europe as well, very progressive.

Congrads only advice get out of bed and WALK WALK WALk as fast as you can, will really help