Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's the plan AJ, walking down the hallways and then repeat.

Thank you everyone, I know we are all going to be great. Claiming it in advance for each of us, a spectacular victorious win against obesity.

Getting my IV right now and trying to distract myself from the darn needle. My nurse seems very nice and I'm looking forward to the darn Versed for my nerves.

I report tomorrow morning at 11 AM, surgery is at 1PM (second to the last procedure of the day). I'm finally nervous, thinking about things I literally have no control over, mind games. I'm a bundle of nerves under this calm exterior. I believe in prayer and meditation, I will do both.
[emoji173]hope you are doing well, you've got this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

Getting my IV right now and trying to distract myself from the darn needle. My nurse seems very nice and I'm looking forward to the darn Versed for my nerves.
Best of luck!!! Hopefully they give you something soon for your nerves!

Congratulations! My first thought was what the hell dod I just do, but it was the best decision I’ve made. Take your favorite chapstick and even though it hurts start walking in the halls as soon as possible and just keep doing it. It’ll help that gas to move on out instead of into your shoulder and causing pain. Congratulations on your next big step!

How did you do?! Praying!

Relax you are in good hands

Yes, I'm awake for now. Going back to sleep soon. In some pain and tired of feeling nauseous.

On 3/3/2020 at 8:09 PM, MsMocie said:

Hoping they take good care of you over there :)

Thanks! I’m just about to go to bed after my first full day post op. Feeling a bit tender and uncomfortable but drank a full litre of Water plus some liquid yogurt drink. Walked about 5000 very slow steps around the hallways. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.

31 minutes ago, biginjapan said:

Thanks! I’m just about to go to bed after my first full day post op. Feeling a bit tender and uncomfortable but drank a full litre of Water plus some liquid yogurt drink. Walked about 5000 very slow steps around the hallways. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.

Wow, that is great! Hope I can get in 5000 steps on my first day too, but we'll see. Keep on going, you're doing wonderfully! ((HUGS))

I hope you all are recovering from yesterday. I'm waiting to be discharged, missing my bed. Staff has been in my room since 2AM, making rounds, taking blood, giving pain meds, and doing a wonderful job of taking care of me. @biginjapan , I'm very tender as well. You are killing the Water game, I've only managed 7 ozs. When I get home, I will really work on my water intake. I had a few intense muscle spasms after taking a baby sip or smaller.

We did it, now on to the dedication and hardwork, to live better than ever.

Glad to hear you are recovering and being discharged today, Krimsonbutterflies! Have they gotten you up to walk often through the night as well? I wonder about that the first day. ((HUGS))

2 hours ago, Machalo said:

Glad to hear you are recovering and being discharged today, Krimsonbutterflies! Have they gotten you up to walk often through the night as well? I wonder about that the first day. ((HUGS))

@Machalo

My first walk was last night, it was supervised by the nursing staff. I then was able to walk without staff for my next walks. I had a family member walk with me, 2 laps around each walk after. I was highly medicated and had a serious vomiting episode , this delayed my first walk. You are encouraged to walk as often as you feel like walking. The more you walk, the better you are going to feel. Getting in and out of that hospital bed was a small task, as was getting back i. It. Sip slowly, even if your stomach doesn't like it. Walk slowly, until you are walking at your regular pace.

On a side note, has anyone else experienced feeling the Water traveling inside your body? Weird feeling and this stomach rumbling, oh my!!!

[mention=253534]Machalo[/mention]

My first walk was last night, it was supervised by the nursing staff. I then was able to walk without staff for my next walks. I had a family member walk with me, 2 laps around each walk after. I was highly medicated and had a serious vomiting episode , this delayed my first walk. You are encouraged to walk as often as you feel like walking. The more you walk, the better you are going to feel. Getting in and out of that hospital bed was a small task, as was getting back i. It. Sip slowly, even if your stomach doesn't like it. Walk slowly, until you are walking at your regular pace.

On a side note, has anyone else experienced feeling the Water traveling inside your body? Weird feeling and this stomach rumbling, oh my!!!
Glad you are doing so well!!! About feeling the Water travel through your system -- the discomfort will definitely get better, but I still feel everything I eat going down (feels super weird)... anyhow, congrats and feel better soon!

I just had my sleeve done on 3/3 and yes I feel the liquids when they get to top of my new stomach. It feels like it hits, bubbles and aches just a couple of seconds before it’s done but much easier to drink Water than day 1 and 2. Good luck!