Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guy before/ after Picture

hello everyone....I'm getting banded on 2/18/08. I'm really nervous and excited at the same time. I am so glad I found this site. After reading the posts and seeing the pictures, I know that I have made the right decision. Thank you one and all.

Thanks, I know it made a huge difference in how I feel. I did not realise how much it was affecting my health. I have so much more energy and I feel great.

Good luck,

Wayne

Like TarHeel and Bham I was also banded on Dec 18th but in 2007. I find it very encouraging that you were able to drop 100 pounds and I am very happy to see your success. I have about 50 pounds left and I am ready for the challenge. I had my first fill last week and although I have little restriction I do feel enough to keep me from blowing my diet out of the Water with a 1500 calorie meal but I don't get a real feeling of fullness on a small cup of food.

Great job! An inspiration for all us.

I have a question for you I was 353 on 1-10 when I started...

Do you have extra skin? Did you work out? What did you do?

Great job! An inspiration for all us.

I have a question for you I was 353 on 1-10 when I started...

Do you have extra skin? Did you work out? What did you do?

I am a little flabby around my belt line, but I think from the way things are going when I lose another 15 lbs I will be in pretty good shape.

At least I don't think it will be enough to worry about as far as surgery. Mine seems to be shrinking back pretty well. I was told that drinking alot of Water and losing at a steady pace helps with your skins elasticity.

Honestly the only exercise I have done is on the treadmill. About 3-4 days a week and about 30-45 minutes. Usually 2 miles and honestly I have not been doing that lately.......

I plan on starting some kind of weight training soon to help firm up a little or tone up.

I will try and post some pics without my shirt so you can see what I mean by a little flab...LOL

Thanks,

Wayne

wow... amazing results... congrats

just going for initial consult next week... hope i get approved and banded

have u exercised more since surgery to get these results?

Hi guys. Thought I would share. This is my before and after and then one that was taken this week at the hospital the day after my abdominoplasty

before-after.jpg

1dayPO.jpg

Hey, Neal. How are you feeling? How has the recovery period been for you? How far around the back does that incision go?

It really looks like you're heading in the right direction, getting ready to pass the ultimate goal of this process...

I always enjoy coming back to this thread and seeing the results. I started this thread in Oct of 2007 and can remember my concerns and anxiety about how and if this surgery would work for me. I have always felt like a athlete stuck in a overweight body and now I am finally living the dream. I have gone from 280 down to 219.5 as of this morning. I have lost 9 inches off my belly and 2 inches off my neck. I lost 4 inches off my chest which is a great feeling. I had my surgery in December and the night before I was to go in I bought a pair of running shoes. I still use those same shoes but when I lace them up the eyelets touch so I never assumed that my feet would lose weight as well. I am 6'3 tall and have lost 61 pounds in 100 days and feel great. I encourage everyone to get involved in intramural sports as much as possible. Those treadmill workouts can be a drag so I play basketball and volleyball 3 nights a week. I volunteered to ref a couple of kid basketball games because they run fun court and that helped as well.

I feel good coming back now and posting my pictures. I feel like I have come full circle and the risk was worth the reward. My plan is to have ribs and abs by July. I am 6'3 and started out at 280 and just hit 217 this morning.

post-225964-13813136845752_thumb.jpg

post-225964-13813136846067_thumb.jpg