Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

could you eat and drink normal after bypass revision



Recommended Posts

I had revision surgery Feb 3rd (6 days ago) from mgb to full bypass due to acid reflux. I have felt from the beginning I could probably drink as much as I want and don't have to take tiny sips like I did with the mgb. I even had a Protein Shake and some cream Soup today, a day early, with no problems. The doctor said he didn't do anything to my pouch other than fix the hiatal hernia. I'm guessing that's why I'm having such an easy time drinking whatever I want. I'm not complaining but just wondering if anyone else with the same revision has had this experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had RNY bypass revision after lapband done in 2013 about 2 weeks ago and I am able to drink Water without sipping also and I am on Presoft foods already per my doctor stating in paperwork if I felt ok to move to Presoft go forward so that consist of Soups, unsweetened applesauce and Oikos Triple Zero yogurt and I have been fine I have appt today for my two week follow up but I had a very bad allergic reaction and I am on three meds to help me not get a ulcer and prednisone to help with the itchy, red breakout. It’s been only two days since I been on the prednisone but I can tell it’s working already still a little itchy but the rash is fading. I think it’s just us healing but the food part is weird bc I thought it would feel major restrictive like the band was but it’s not been so far hopefully our pouch is fine.. I’ll let you know what the doctor states today about us being able to drink n soups two weeks in a no restriction feeling yet? Thanks for sharing also I really can relate.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kswin79 said:

I had RNY bypass revision after lapband done in 2013 about 2 weeks ago and I am able to drink Water without sipping also and I am on Presoft foods already per my doctor stating in paperwork if I felt ok to move to Presoft go forward so that consist of Soups, unsweetened applesauce and Oikos Triple Zero yogurt and I have been fine I have appt today for my two week follow up but I had a very bad allergic reaction and I am on three meds to help me not get a ulcer and prednisone to help with the itchy, red breakout. It’s been only two days since I been on the prednisone but I can tell it’s working already still a little itchy but the rash is fading. I think it’s just us healing but the food part is weird bc I thought it would feel major restrictive like the band was but it’s not been so far hopefully our pouch is fine.. I’ll let you know what the doctor states today about us being able to drink n Soups two weeks in a no restriction feeling yet? Thanks for sharing also I really can relate.😊

you won't feel the restriction until you move to solid foods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bikerchick519 said:

I had revision surgery Feb 3rd (6 days ago) from mgb to full bypass due to acid reflux. I have felt from the beginning I could probably drink as much as I want and don't have to take tiny sips like I did with the mgb. I even had a Protein Shake and some cream Soup today, a day early, with no problems. The doctor said he didn't do anything to my pouch other than fix the hiatal hernia. I'm guessing that's why I'm having such an easy time drinking whatever I want. I'm not complaining but just wondering if anyone else with the same revision has had this experience.

Nearly the same as with my VSG, but every case will be different because specific revision techniques will vary surgeon to surgeon.

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

you won't feel the restriction until you move to solid foods.

when I went from the sleeve to the mgb I had a hard time with drinking. I could only sip very slowly and I felt a lot of restriction even with fluids, but he did make my sleeve into a pouch so the stomach was altered where this time it wasn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • zombierayvinn

      I am almost 8 weeks post op and I am down to 157 from 202. I have been struggling with nausea but not vomiting. Anyone else having this happen?
      · 2 replies
      1. Bastian

        After having horrendous nausea I did some reading and it seems quite common. Especially if you have ruled out eating too fast/too big a mouthful. Also drinking too soon will make you feel sick. I now take 2 antiemetics to help with my nausea, hopefully yours is just that you need to slow down eating etc

      2. BayougirlMrsS

        agree with the above. start a log of what and when you eat/drink

    • WInston223322

      Been a hell of a good Journey and thanx to all 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Steph1999x

      Post op day 2...so far so good!
      · 1 reply
      1. LisaDee1

        What state are you in????

    • Krestel

      Officially no longer over weight! Goal #1 reached! I'm now under 80kgs (176 lbs) at 179cm (5'10") and 10 months post-op and am over the moon. My weight at 79.9 kgs (176 lbs) gives me a BMI of 24.9 which means that I have a normal weight! OMG.
      I still want to lose about 16 lbs more though in order to get safely into the middle range to insure against that little regain that happens. The I have maintenence in front of me as well.
      BUT I have hit my first goal. Yeah me!!!
      · 1 reply
      1. biginjapan

        Fantastic! That's such a great goal to reach and one I hope to get to this year as well.

    • TWCook

      I had my gastric sleeve done September 10, 2020... I started out 330# before surgery.... I'm down to 260# now... I've been stalled out for over two months now.... I exercise when I can (Bad back/knees)... I follow my diet , get my protein and drink my water... But still not losing any weight... I've done everything I can think of to break the stall.... Even went back to liquid diet....  Sometimes I think this was a mistake having the surgery...
      · 1 reply
      1. Boss lady84

        sorry to hear that don't feel down. Maybe a reset meaning something new. I am in the process of having the surgery a second time. I had Lapland in 2012 removed in 2018 and I have gained everything back and some. When I stalled on lapband I had to do something new for me I joined a free boot camp and Zumba and then boom dropped 38 pounds in 2 months. I know you said bad back and knees so find something with your limits. But I think try something new I stalled for 8 months

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×