Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd day post op

Home for day two post and this morning I am sipping my first small serving of Protein drink! It taste So good! Lol, pain for me has been nile to none at all; I still have the pain patch behind my ear so maybe that's why.

They started me on the small 30ml cups in the hospital as well and those do help me keep up with my Water demand.

Over all experience, I'd do it all over again I feel fantastic other than a little it drowsy none and then so of course I nap! Dr sent me home with the liquid codein/advil medicine and it tastes like robitussin, not sure to liquids for meds but I took it before bed last night just in case and it must work but I was exhausted and I slept a solid 7 hrs! Haven't done that in a few weeks!

If anyone has any questions just let me know; it is interesting to me all our recoveries and meal plans after surgery are so different. I had to wait 48 hrs before anything to drink other than water; Crystal lite or the Premier Protein water (which is great and has 20g of protein) so as I said at the top of my post this little 4oz of shake I'm sipping is so good! My biggest thing now tmi, is I've not had a BM which I know its because of nothing but water in me so this protein will help, not feeling constipated so I just need to let my body and nature take its course! :)

12 hours ago, JettK said:

Home for day two post and this morning I am sipping my first small serving of Protein drink! It taste So good! Lol, pain for me has been nile to none at all; I still have the pain patch behind my ear so maybe that's why.

They started me on the small 30ml cups in the hospital as well and those do help me keep up with my Water demand.

Over all experience, I'd do it all over again I feel fantastic other than a little it drowsy none and then so of course I nap! Dr sent me home with the liquid codein/advil medicine and it tastes like robitussin, not sure to liquids for meds but I took it before bed last night just in case and it must work but I was exhausted and I slept a solid 7 hrs! Haven't done that in a few weeks!

If anyone has any questions just let me know; it is interesting to me all our recoveries and meal plans after surgery are so different. I had to wait 48 hrs before anything to drink other than water; Crystal lite or the Premier Protein Water (which is great and has 20g of protein) so as I said at the top of my post this little 4oz of shake I'm sipping is so good! My biggest thing now tmi, is I've not had a BM which I know its because of nothing but water in me so this Protein will help, not feeling constipated so I just need to let my body and nature take its course! :)

So happy everything is good so far and very appreciative of the update. I'm scheduled for Monday! I was delayed a week due to the flu and I feel pretty ready at this point, but nervous, too of course.

Can you tell me about the Premier Protein water? Does it taste actually like water?

Of course! The Protein Water I have is fruit punch and its got a great flavor to it; helps to have a bit more than straight water. They started me on water 8hrs after the surgery and I was ready as my tongue was way dry!

Remember you can also drink Crystal lite as it has no sugars! This is a nice option too!

6 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

Can you tell me about the Premier Protein Water? Does it taste actually like water?

Hi Lisa -

I started with the Raspberry flavor of Premier Protein water right after my surgery. It wasn't bad, but was very sweet. I'm now on the Peach flavor, and I'm finding it much more palatable. I haven't tried the fruit Punch yet, but that will be next. It makes a nice change from the shakes, and gives variety to your water intake (not forgetting Crystal Lite). I order it from Amazon, and it keeps the price down.

Best of luck on your upcoming surgery!

Edited by Taja
I wanted to add good wishes for her surgery.