Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cold 🥶 Feet 😬

5 hours ago, Steph x said:

Ahh wow! We could go through the journey together. Its nerve wracking. I'm so worried about the lose skin and how my body will change... I'm worried about it making me ill for years after. Doesnt help that I work in operating theatres and see when things go wrong either...

I'm 33, almost 16stone and probably around 5'6. The surgeon said that now I've lost abit of weight, that if I came now when I wouldnt qualify as my BMI isnt high enough, but he said from previous letters I do qualify so he will do it. I've tried and tried to do it on my own, I lose and then it doesnt stay off. Its hard and seems impossible that this is the only option. I dont want to look back when I'm older and wish that I did it sooner. I want to be able to do more with my kids etc.

How come your bf doesnt want you to have it done? Is he worried about the fact its surgery? Theres just me and the kids at home, so that worries me abit. Atleast you'll have him for support once its done🙂

Thank you for that page, I'll check it out when the kids are in bed and asleep so I get some peace lol. Keep in touch with me and let me know how you get on too. Are you in the UK? Do you have a 2 week meal plan for before surgery too? X

Thank you so much for this reply, when will you have surgery? I think my husband thinks id be better of by dieting and exercisng but like I said I always lose some gain some, lose some and gain some, but can never get to my goal weight. I am from USA. As far as meal plan my doctor just put me on a 1200 diet and two day liquid diet before surgery. Send me a message I would love to keep in touch!

44 minutes ago, Love27 said:

What is the barium test?

The test where you stand infront of an imaging machine and drink the chalky mixture...

8 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

The test where you stand infront of an imaging machine and drink the chalky mixture...

Oh haha 😆

5 hours ago, Love27 said:

Thank you so much for this reply, when will you have surgery? I think my husband thinks id be better of by dieting and exercisng but like I said I always lose some gain some, lose some and gain some, but can never get to my goal weight. I am from USA. As far as meal plan my doctor just put me on a 1200 diet and two day liquid diet before surgery. Send me a message I would love to keep in touch!

5 hours ago, Love27 said:

🙂hi. No worries. I'm so happy to be speaking to people about this as I've never done it before and always kept it to myself. But its nice to share how I'm feeling and listening to how other people feel too. My surgery is booked for 6th April. Didnt you say yours is 7th? How does it work in the USA? Like, I'm able to get mine done on the NHS, which is free and luckily i dont have to pay, if I did, then it could cost me £10-£15k which is ridiculous, especially if someone wants to better their lives. We get it free in the uk as the cost of the op in beneficial and outweighs the costs when older and overweight etc...

I wish I had the same meal plan as you, mine has put me on a liquid diet to shrink my liver for a whole 2 weeks before. He basically said I need to live off Water milk and yogurt for the 2 weeks previously tho. Fingers crosses for you, I dont think your boyfriend recognises how hard it is trying to lose the weight and keep it off. For some people it's impossible x

9 hours ago, Steph x said:

🙂hi. No worries. I'm so happy to be speaking to people about this as I've never done it before and always kept it to myself. But its nice to share how I'm feeling and listening to how other people feel too. My surgery is booked for 6th April. Didnt you say yours is 7th? How does it work in the USA? Like, I'm able to get mine done on the NHS, which is free and luckily i dont have to pay, if I did, then it could cost me £10-£15k which is ridiculous, especially if someone wants to better their lives. We get it free in the uk as the cost of the op in beneficial and outweighs the costs when older and overweight etc...

I wish I had the same meal plan as you, mine has put me on a liquid diet to shrink my liver for a whole 2 weeks before. He basically said I need to live off Water milk and yogurt for the 2 weeks previously tho. Fingers crosses for you, I dont think your boyfriend recognises how hard it is trying to lose the weight and keep it off. For some people it's impossible x

yes mine is on the 7th I wish I could of done it a lot sooner.

yeah the bf thing. Idk what to think about him He was even last night you can just eat salads and lose the weight, your going to cut out half you stomach (I was like 3/4 of my stomach thank you very much lol) you don't need to do that...just walk with me and. I was like you need to stop talking to me like that I have looked into this and it very safe, and yeah it's going to suck at first but you know what I will be just fine. I want to live another 55 years and this time do all the things I could not do because of the weight.

I am so ready for this. I am ready to do me this time!!!

I have come a long way from Drug addict to having nothing to being totally clean for 6 years I HAVE come a long way back to work, off disability, got a new (used) car

Doing pretty damn good if I do say so myself..So ready for the surgery

39 minutes ago, glannin said:

yes mine is on the 7th I wish I could of done it a lot sooner.

yeah the bf thing. Idk what to think about him He was even last night you can just eat salads and lose the weight, your going to cut out half you stomach (I was like 3/4 of my stomach thank you very much lol) you don't need to do that...just walk with me and. I was like you need to stop talking to me like that I have looked into this and it very safe, and yeah it's going to suck at first but you know what I will be just fine. I want to live another 55 years and this time do all the things I could not do because of the weight.

I am so ready for this. I am ready to do me this time!!!

I have come a long way from Drug addict to having nothing to being totally clean for 6 years I HAVE come a long way back to work, off disability, got a new (used) car

Doing pretty damn good if I do say so myself..So ready for the surgery

Oh gosh, he doesnt sound like hes being very supportive. Is he just worried something will happen to you when having the surgery or is he just against it and thinks it's the easy way out? Surgery is not an easy way out, it takes alot of thought and consideration and it's for life, he should respect and support your decision. 'Salads and walks' arnt going to do and are not going to last forever...

It sounds you've done amazing already and great that you've managed to come away from drug addiction and done so well for yourself. I'm so glad I just live me and the kids, I'm glad I havnt got a partner at home to worry about that's going to nitpick at me. It's going to be a rollercoaster physically and emotionally but we can enjoy the ride together and support each other along the way. I'm 211lb, I dont want to lose too much and be super skinny, I still want my curves and things so I'm going to have to be careful, I've discovered a mini gastric bypass last night so I'm going to call my surgeon on Monday and see if he can explain what that is.

Hope your ok and your partner sees the good side of you having this surgery x

Best decision ever!! Surgery was a breeze, my pain was managed with only Tylenol once I got home and that was only the first couple of days. I went back to work a week later. I look and feel great!! Total life changing experience.

5'4"
Starting weight 297
VSG on 7/31/19
Surgery wt: 266
CW 205
GW 135

Sent from my [samsung Galaxy] using BariatricPal mobile app

19 minutes ago, Steph x said:

Oh gosh, he doesnt sound like hes being very supportive. Is he just worried something will happen to you when having the surgery or is he just against it and thinks it's the easy way out? Surgery is not an easy way out, it takes alot of thought and consideration and it's for life, he should respect and support your decision. 'Salads and walks' arnt going to do and are not going to last forever...

It sounds you've done amazing already and great that you've managed to come away from drug addiction and done so well for yourself. I'm so glad I just live me and the kids, I'm glad I havnt got a partner at home to worry about that's going to nitpick at me. It's going to be a rollercoaster physically and emotionally but we can enjoy the ride together and support each other along the way. I'm 211lb, I dont want to lose too much and be super skinny, I still want my curves and things so I'm going to have to be careful, I've discovered a mini gastric bypass last night so I'm going to call my surgeon on Monday and see if he can explain what that is.

Hope your ok and your partner sees the good side of you having this surgery x

no he is not, but I am not letting that bother me. He has a few issues that he needs to deal with for himself. drinking, not working really not doing to much of anything...it's me paying the bills. I know I know it sounds crummy but I am ok with it for now. Just going to do this and see how things are this summer. If I need to leave then, that's what I shall do then...but I am keeping positive on all this.

Like I said I have been though a lot worse and this is just a hiccup. (I hope)

Ahh he sounds like my sons dad. Its good that your giving it time and seeing how it goes, fingers crossed for you that it is a hiccup and he bucks his ideas up, sounds your a strong independent person though so I'm sure you can smash it alone if you need to😃

Its abit shitty I'm on my own with 2 kids uni etc.... I need to recover from it quick so I can get back to uni and work as I dont want to miss too much of it all and cant afford to not pay the bills😪...