Jump to content
Γ—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cold πŸ₯Ά Feet 😬



Recommended Posts

My surgery is exactly one week away and I’m starting to get cold feet I am starting to think if I really need this and if my weight is really that bad. I keep hearing from others that the first week is very very painful. Especially that I had someone close to me tell me that it’s not worth it I think this also is affect me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chill out its mental games going on!

This is a common thread here - You have to ask yourself a few questions

1. The current lifestyle you are living is it going to kill you? Fat People Die

2. Do i want to get healthy and live longer? You do the surgery and follow the plan its guaranteed

As for the pain, The rewards are much better then the discomfort, This is not a painful surgery, Get your chest cut open for bypass and break your sternum that is a painful surgery. Read around this site - yes you have hell week like marine boot camp but then it gets better every day, Just sleep it off - buckle down and plow thru it.

Look around you there are others who need you! So live and be healthy or go on Amazon and buy a Urn cuz you are currently killing yourself so the jar is soon to come after you get diabetis and other issues related to being obese!

The support you get here is unlimited, and nobody here went dancing into the surgery not nervous it is common, but we all did it and so can you - It really is not that bad of a procedure

Aj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pain is all across the board. yes - some people have a lot of it, but most of us have little to no pain with this surgery. I didn't have any. I didn't even open the bottle of pain killers they sent me home with. Even if you're one of the unfortunate people who have a lot of pain, you'll have something for it - so just take them to stay on top of the pain.

as far as the surgery "not being worth it", it is definitely worth it for most of us. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Love27 said:

My surgery is exactly one week away and I’m starting to get cold feet I am starting to think if I really need this and if my weight is really that bad. I keep hearing from others that the first week is very very painful.ο»Ώ Especially that I had someone close to me tell me that it’s not worth it I think this also is affect me.

I had very little pain. VERY LITTLE. I was a little sore the first couple of days. That was it.

The doctor prescribed pain meds... I took ONE the first day. That was it. For the next 2 days or so, Tylenol worked. After that, nothing. I didn't even suffer gas pains.

Don't chicken out because of what someone else said.

Good Luck!! Keep posting & reading here... Your feet will warm up!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, AJ Tylo said:

Chill out its mental games going on!

This is a common thread here - You have to ask yourself a few questions

1. The current lifestyle you are living is it going to kill you? Fat People Die

2. Do i want to get healthy and live longer? You do the surgery and follow the plan its guaranteed

As for the pain, The rewards are much better then the discomfort, This is not a painful surgery, Get your chest cut open for bypass and break your sternum that is a painful surgery. Read around this site - yes you have hell week like marine boot camp but then it gets better every day, Just sleep it off - buckle down and plow thru it.

Look around you there are others who need you! So live and be healthy or go on Amazon and buy a Urn cuz you are currently killing yourself so the jar is soon to come after you get diabetis and other issues related to being obese!

The support you get here is unlimited, and nobody here went dancing into the surgery not nervous it is common, but we all did it and so can you - It really is not that bad of a procedure

Aj

I guess I really didn’t see it that way... just thinking about death if I don’t do anything about it is even scarier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

pain is all across the board. yes - some people have a lot of it, but most of us have little to no pain with this surgery. I didn't have any. I didn't even open the bottle of pain killers they sent me home with. Even if you're one of the unfortunate people who have a lot of pain, you'll have something for it - so just take them to stay on top of the pain.

as far as the surgery "not being worth it", it is definitely worth it for most of us. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

I have had two c sections first one was an emergency and it was a little painful than the second so hopefully this surgery goes just like my past surgery’s. No complications and little pain. I guess I’m also scared because I saw a video about skipping Vitamins causing tooth loss and brittle bones, this also got me bc I’m not good at taking meds/vitamins. I’m forgetful. I appreciate all the support!

Edited by Love27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, NancyLF said:

I had very little pain. VERY LITTLE. I was a little sore the first couple of days. That was it.

The doctor prescribed pain meds... I took ONE the first day. That was it. For the next 2 days or so, Tylenol worked. After that, nothing. I didn't even suffer gas pains.

Don't chicken out because of what someone else said.

Good Luck!! Keep posting & reading here... Your feet will warm up!! :)

Thank you so much, currently have warm feet since I’m wearing fluffy boots to work it’s -6 degrees here burrr πŸ₯Ά

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Love27 said:

I have had two c sections first one was an emergency and it was a little painful than the second so hopefully this surgery goes just like my past surgery’s. No complications and little pain. I guess I’m also scared because I saw a video about skipping Vitamins causing tooth loss and brittle bones, this also got me bc I’m not good at taking meds/vitamins. I’m forgetful. I appreciate all the support!

you do need to commit to taking Vitamins, or else you'll end up with deficiencies. You get used to it pretty fast. I'm pretty much on autopilot with my vitamins at this point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Love27 said:

My surgery is exactly one week away and I’m starting to get cold feet I am starting to think if I really need this and if my weight is really that bad. I keep hearing from others that the first week is very very painful. Especially that I had someone close to me tell me that it’s not worth it I think this also is affect me.

I had ZERO pain in the hospital and ZERO PAIN when I got home (I had the sleeve). Everybody gets cold feet thinking about what could happen and how they might be able to lose the weight themselves instead. It's normal. Hang in there and good luck with your surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GradyCat said:

I had ZERO pain in the hospital and ZERO PAIN when I got home (I had the sleeve). Everybody gets cold feet thinking about what could happen and how they might be able to lose the weight themselves instead. It's normal. Hang in there and good luck with your surgery.

Thank you so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you approach your surgery date, cold feet are normal. I know I had bouts of doubt all the way up until they strapped me to the surgery table and placed the mask over my face!

Just keep reminding yourself about all the things that made you decide that this was the best option for you.

Pain-wise, this surgery really isn't that bad. Or at least it wasn't for me. I had pain in the hospital, but it was well controlled. They sent me home with a prescription for Tramadol, but I didn't even fill it. Tylenol was more than enough to keep me comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Love27 said:

My surgery is exactly one week away and I’m starting to get cold feet I am starting to think if I really need this and if my weight is really that bad. I keep hearing from others that the first week is very very painful. Especially that I had someone close to me tell me that it’s not worth it I think this also is affect me.

πŸ’šIf you've made it this far, you're committed & readyπŸ’š

(I personally knew I was not turning back after the barium swallow test πŸ˜‚)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Love27 said:

My surgery is exactly one week away and I’m starting to get cold feet I am starting to think if I really need this and if my weight is really that bad. I keep hearing from others that the first week is very very painful. Especially that I had someone close to me tell me that it’s not worth it I think this also is affect me.

I'm the same. I was meant to have surgery last June, I put it off and now it's on 6th April. I'd be almost a year on now if I didnt chicken out..... good luck hun..... x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had bypass best decision ever.

lost 126lbs In under 5 months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Steph x said:

I'm the same. I was meant to have surgery last June, I put it off and now it's on 6th April. I'd be almost a year on now if I didnt chicken out..... good luck hun..... x

My surgery is also on April 7th and I know I catch myself wondering if maybe this one time I could do it on my own? And also my bf is questioning me about having it done..I am full of emotions and such. I understand, but reading everything I can and working the steps and knowing that it will all work out in the end. I am 55 going to be 56 when I get the sleeve and I can't wait. I know I will be saying (just like everyone else) why didn't I do this sooner... just keep reaching out out everyone here on BP and they will help you. There is a thread in here called The Importance of doing the Head Work..It's great....totally check it out and keep in contact would love to hear how you are doing..we got this. And best of luck to you.. πŸ™‚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Tabatha529

      I went to my first of 12 education classes yesterday.Β  We have a great group of 11 people who will be learning together.Β  So excited!!
      Β· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • CaptMarvelfangirl

      Just joined the forums and am in the process of completing the requirements in order to get my surgery date. Going for gastric sleeve. Nervous, excited, frantic...LOL. Wishing the day would just get here!
      Β· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • boot44

      ON MARCH 9 I WILL HAVE COMPLETE ALL MY REQUIREMENTBEFORE SURGURY CAN BE SCHEDULED. BUT I AM GETTING COLD FEET.Β  I AM 61 YEARS OLD AND I AM JUST AFRAID BECAUSE OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL SAY.Β 
      Β· 1 reply
      1. Tabatha529

        You are doing this for YOU not anyone else!! Do not worry about what others think, it is how you think and feel about yourself that counts.

    • GreenTealael

      @summerset
      πŸ’œπŸ’œο»ΏπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
      πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€ο»ΏπŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€ο»ΏπŸ€πŸ€
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      ❀❀SAFE SURGERY & SPEEDY RECOVERY❀❀
      🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
      πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
      πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ
      Β· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Darbs4Mayor

      Met with my surgeon yesterday and he said that he is so excited for me and the progress that will be made! Waiting for insurance pre-auth and then will get everything scheduled!Β 
      Β 
      So excited to start this journey and become a new person!!Β 
      Β· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    Γ—