Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre op liquid diet.. Surgery 1/9

Two weeks. All the no calorie and super low calorie (like Crystal Light) beverages that I wanted. Four to five Protein Shakes a day. All the sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles I wanted. I could also have Tomato juice/V8 and chicken broth, but there was a limit on that - I can't remember what the limit was. Maybe a cup or two a day?

Edited by catwoman7

55 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

wo weeks. All the no calorie and super low calorie (like Crystal Light) beverages that I wanted. Four to five Protein Shakes a day. All the sugar free Jello and sugar free popsicles I wanted. I could also have Tomato juice/V8 and chicken broth, but there was a limit on that - I can't remember what the limit was. Maybe a cup or two a day?

I was almost the same but I made many different pureed Soups

Make your own base - You dont have to use broth - For example make egg drop Soup and puree it - Or make Habachi Clear soup

Those two above are easy and fun to make - Both kept me all week

Edited by AJ Tylo

9 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

Make your own base - You dont have to use broth - For example make egg drop Soup and puree it - Or make Habachi Clear Soup

Those two above are easy and fun to make - Both kept me all week

Please share a quick and easy recipe, that broth is blah already.

Ingredients

• 2 onions (diced)
  • 6 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 celery stalks (diced)
  • 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
  • 2 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 1/2 tsp ginger (minced)
  • 1 cup button mushrooms (very thinly sliced)
  • 1/2 cup scallions (sliced)
  • to taste salt and pepper
  • to taste soy sauce
  • to taste Sriracha

Instructions

• Sauté the onions in a pot in a little bit of oil until slightly browned.
  • Add the carrot, celery, garlic, and ginger and 6 cups of vegetable broth/water.
  • Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
  • Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Strain the veggies from the broth.< /span>
  • Add a handful of scallions and mushrooms to bowls. Ladle the Soup on top.
  • Add a splash of soy sauce and Sriracha to taste.

5 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

Ingredients

• 2 onions (diced)
  • 6 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 celery stalks (diced)
  • 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
  • 2 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 1/2 tsp ginger (minced)
  • 1 cup button mushrooms (very thinly sliced)
  • 1/2 cup scallions (sliced)
  • to taste salt and pepper
  • to taste soy sauce
  • to taste Sriracha

Instructions

• Sauté the onions in a pot in a little bit of oil until slightly browned.
  • Add the carrot, celery, garlic, and ginger and 6 cups of vegetable broth/water.
  • Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
  • Season to taste with salt and pepper.
  • Strain the veggies from the broth.< /span>
  • Add a handful of scallions and mushrooms to bowls. Ladle the Soup on top.
  • Add a splash of soy sauce and Sriracha to taste.

Love you for this, I still wanted to cook during this phase, but was confused about what was okay for the new stomach. I will let you know after I make it.

Thank you doll face 😘💜.

FYI you are not mincing or Dicing you are nutrabullet them to you can take soft foods - Should have said that earlier

message me I am a chef and have a gaggle of these types - Egg drop is great also

Just now, AJ Tylo said:

FYI you are not mincing or Dicing you are nutrabullet them to you can take soft foods - Should have said that earlier

message me I am a chef and have a gaggle of these types - Egg drop is great also

Thank you AJ...may I use a blender in place of the Nutrabullet?

I will message you also.

23 minutes ago, AJ Tylo said:

I would love to see your Egg drop Soup recipe if you don't mind....Please

First thing first - Do not use a ladle to hard use Two forks on top not lined up fork and pour the eggs thru a fork while moving the fork around so it splashes in different areas

Japanese Style Egg Drop Soup (Kakitama-jiru)
Prep Time
5 mins
Cook Time
5 mins
Total Time
10 mins

This is a Japanese version of Egg Drop Soup called Kakitama-jiru. Kakitama-jiru broth is based on dashi stock, but Chinese egg drop soup is made with chicken stock. Fluffy eggs in the soup look almost like ribbons. It also reheats well.

Cook Time does not include the time to make dashi stock.

Recipe Type: Soup
Cuisine: Japanese
Keyword: Egg Drop Soup, Egg Soup
Serves: 2
Author: Yumiko
Ingredients (tbsp=15ml, cup=250ml)
  • 400ml / 0.8pt dashi stock (note 1)
  • 1 tsp light soy sauce (note 2)
  • tsp salt
  • 3 tsp cornflour/corn-starch diluted in 3 tsp water (note 3)
  • 1 egg , beaten
  • A handful of snow pea shoots cut to 2.5cm/1” pieces (note 4) substitute parsley better and easier!
Instructions
  1. Bring dashi stock to a boil and add soy sauce and salt.
  2. When salt is dissolved, add the cornflour to the broth slowly while mixing the broth with a ladle. This prevents cornflour lumps in the broth.

3. When the broth thickens, reduce the heat to medium so that the broth is gently boiling.

4. Using chopsticks or a fork, pour the beaten egg along the chopsticks/fork, drawing a circle starting from the centre of the pot towards the outer edge (note 5).

5. Gently stir the egg ribbons with the ladle, then turn the heat off.
  6. Add the snow pea shoots to the soup and serve while hot (note 6).

Recipe Notes

1. I strongly recommend home-made dashi stock if you have time and access to dried bonito flakes. The broth is seasoned very lightly and you are meant to enjoy the great flavour of dashi.

If you need to use an instant dashi pack or granular dashi powder to make dashi stock, reduce the salt to ¼ tsp or less depending on the type of dashi pack. The granular dashi powder contains the most salt. Taste and adjust when seasoning the broth.

2. You can substitute light soy sauce with normal soy sauce. The colour of the broth becomes marginally darker if normal soy sauce is used. You may also need to adjust the amount of salt as normal soy sauce is slightly less salty than light soy sauce.

Dark soy sauce is not suited for this recipe.

3. The amount of cornflour/corn-starch can be anywhere between 2 to 4 teaspoons depending on how thin/thick broth you want.

4. I picked only the tip of the snow pea leaves to avoid thick stems.

The most commonly used garnish in Japan is mitsuba - a wild Japanese parsley or the Japanese version of Cryptotaenia. You can also use mizuna, baby spinach or finely chopped shallots/scallions.

This is for a garnish and you don’t have to have it, although the green makes the soup look prettier.

5. If you have a ladle with small holes, you could pour the egg through it instead of using chopsticks/fork.

6. When transferring the soup from the pot to a serving bowl, gently scoop the soup and try not to break eggs into smaller pieces.

7. The serving size is the size of a typical Japanese soup bowl. If you would like the soup to be served like a Western-style soup in a larger soup bowl, you will need to double the quantity.