Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from VA!

Hi Virginia gals....I'm from Maryland. Sosobizi...I also have MDIPA. I was approved after going to my PCP for 6 months and documenting my weight loss attempts. I was banded at George Washington Hospital Center in DC. My experience was wonderful and the surgeon (Dr. Fred Brody) was great. I wish everyone the best of luck!!!

GOOD MORNING VA BANDSTERS!!!!! It is so nice talking to other LBsters from the area.

Ashlee and Jenny, I to live in the Fredericksburg area. I had my surgery done at St. Mary's with Commonwealth Surgeons, Dr. Batista. The two practices do alot of the educational classes and support groups together. CONGRATS on having your surgery approved. I had my surgery done on June 7, 07. I am almost to my 6 month anniversary. I can't beleive it.

soso my bmi was low too, I had 80 lbs to lose, but my story is probably similar to yours. I have lost and gained the same 80lbs or more over my life time and have medical issues as a result. I was very happy to learn about the lap band and the hope of never yoyoing again!! Good Luck to you!!

Transformer there is a Hampton Roads thread that I talk to folks too. They are a cool group too.

this is a great site to learn from each other and build friendships. I have met woman on here and we are now friends, go out for lunch and chat weekly.

I look forward to keeping up the thread!!!

Hi Janine! It is exciting isn't it? We have similar stories - me with the same 90 pounds. Just got banded Sept. 11 AND getting 3rd fill today. (I swell alot so am getting mini fills till we hit sweet spot).

Although I am up near Winchester, my husband's ex is in Fredericksburg and if you guys ever get together count me in and I can visit her too at the same time. It's only about 1.5 hours and I agree, I love the connections and support that this forum offers.

Lisa

How did your fill go? where did you have your surgery? I had a fill this week too, on Tuesday. it was my fourth. They took out my 6cc and put the same amount back in. I did not need any more at this time, for I have been having real restriction. It is funny for my last fill was Oct. 8 and the restriction did not kick in for a month! I had my first pbing experience over the holiday and it was horrible! So, maybe I am at my sweet spot!

It would be nice to get together! Let me know if you are comign this way, as I will to you. My work takes me accross the commonwealth, so if I near Winchester, I will for sure let you know!

Ashlee wow what love you will feel for your new BAND! It will be here before you know it.

Oh cool, I would love to get together. That is remarkable about it taking a month. I learn something new every day. I had no idea it could take that long.

I had it done by Dr. Eric Pinnar. It used to be called Advanced Weight Loss Solutions (AWLS) but is now part of Synchrony Health.

My fill is great, thanks! I really have good restriction and seem to be satisfied on about 1/2-3/4 cup of food. I love it!!!!!!!

Good morning Va Gang, I was wondering if JA9VA had to do the liquid diet thing for two weeks or more. I have a BMI of 37 but just recently developed two comorbities that are kicking my butt right now. I have been having diffficulty with Cigna not letting me know they do not have what they need to proceed with my approval twice now. So now I call Cigna almost daily to make sure they are on track. Do you know of anyone else that has used Dr, Bautista. After approval how long did it take to actually take to get scheduled for surgery. I am really letting the not not knowing get the best of me right now. I want to start this journey as quickly as possible. ANy insight would be greatly appreciated. I have been watching this for a while but JA9VA is the first person I have seen mention Dr. Bautista. Thanks for reading my babbling I'm just so consumed with this getting started I can't stand it.

Newme10

Hi!!

My name is Ashlee and I am so happy! I just got word yesterday from my insurance company (Anthem) that my lap-band was approved!! I should know more about a date within the week. I am so psyched and ready for that challege that is ahead of me!!! I am 5'10'' and I weighed in at 322 pounds, which is more than I have ever weighed in my life (and I have NEVER been thin). I am so ready for this, does anyone have any advice for me??

Thanks,:P

Ashlee

:whoo:

congratulations ! I was so excited too. I am still excited.

I started my pre-op diet Monday and have lost 7 lbs already. I get the lap band on Dec. 10th. I just can't wait. Chatting with others on this website has really got me excited. It feels good to know that I will be able to loose the weight and look good again, not to mention getting rid of foot problem and back problems.

he will band me on Dec. 10th. Shoot, I just found out Mid Oct that i was approved. I called to schedule the surgery, they only had one day in Dec. I took it. So, I don't think you will have to wait too long, not 6 months. You still need a month to do the following.

physcial

pre registration

physcol. eval

meet with Dr.

2 week diet

I am on the 5 day of the diet. I have lost 7 lbs. write back

NEWME10, lets stay in touch. I am in Richmond too. We will have the same doctor. I can keep you updated.

Lumpy You are going to Dr. Batista too? DECEMBER 10!! that is around the corner. What a great Christmas present! How are you doing on the preopt diet?

newme10 Lumpy lined up the steps for you. I am assuming then that Hillary, the coordinator, has had you go through the initial steps of the orientation at the education center, the pshych eval and the appointment with the PA to talk review the information, and write the letter that goes to the insurance? Once the insurance approves you, depending on scheduling it could be 2 months. It looks like Lumpy had a quicker scheduling than I. Once the approval comes through you meet with the doctor and attend another informational and nutritional meeting and start your pre-opt. Every doctor's preopt is different. Dr. Batista's does allow you to have food, very specific foods and amounts. I was so excited to just get started, and I lost weight on the preopt!! it was great!

I have met another woman on here who is going to have Dr. Batista. If I knew how to connect I will. She is in the beginning process. It is so hard to be patient once you have made the decision to have it done! The surgery was a snap and the gas pains and recovery was not to bad. You heal fast and don't need to take a lot of time off from work.

I am pleased to answer any questions so ask away!

Lisa I am glad your fill went well. I am not sure if when the NP to out the Fluid and re entered it changed my restriction level? I have been able to eat, but I can feel it. I think my month time frame of the restriction kicking in was unusual. the NP said that the Lapband has a mind of its own and everyone is different! That is why I like this site, because we can learn from each other but not take what we read to be for all of us, but to understand!

I saw your doctor on a commercial yesterday! that is the first time I saw it and it was funny because of just learning it from you!

Off to a Christmas Parade later, it is at 5:30 which is nice with the lights.