Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Foods you can no longer tolerate

OMG No wonder it tastes just like milk smh 🤪

6 minutes ago, Lynda486 said:

OMG No wonder it tastes just like milk smh 🤪

I love it because it lasts FOREVER in the fridge and I don't use milk very often. For real, check the expiration date on your carton - guarantee it's at least 6 weeks from now. Sometimes I can get it with a 2 month window.

I have had my current bottle for at least a month and it is still okay!

Broccoli, which makes me sad.

I'm a year out from gastric sleeve and there are still several foods that I cannot eat:

• bread, soft tortillas, anything "doughy"
  • potatoes fills me up too quick
  • Pasta fills me up too quick
  • steak is too dense

Cucumber 😥 which makes me sad! My stomach starts hurting within a couple of bites

On 12/9/2019 at 10:53 AM, FluffyChix said:

We were out this weekend and didn't have time for lunch so we stopped at a Circle K to get fresh brewed Decaf. Instead of half n half (to me = empty cals), I found the Fairlife CorePower chocolate milk in their fridge and so I used that for Creamer instead. 170cals; 26g protein; 7g carbs; 5g sugar (lactose=milk sugars).

I saw Fairlife chocolate milk and bought it, OMG so rich and creamy!

Peanut butter- gets stuck 🤢🤮🤮🤮 Steak - won’t digest and go down 🤮🤮🤮Too much sugar makes me sick🤮🤮🤮Too much grease makes me sick🤮🤮🤮

On 12/14/2019 at 9:05 AM, polly76 said:

Cucumber 😥 which makes me sad! My stomach starts hurting within a couple of bites

Have you tried it peeled and the English kind wrapped in celophane? It's the "burpless" kind with few seeds? You can maybe try it again in a month or so!! ((hugs)) Cucs are a staple for me! I use them to replace crackers!

I can't eat fish of any kind anymore. Everything I've tried has come right back up. And it gets pretty bad, so I probably wont ever eat it again... 😭

SUGAR!!!!!! I cannot stand sweet tea anymore or too much sugar in my coffee. I use only one small spoonful instead of three like I used too. I also can't tolerate the fried skin on chicken. I had purchased some for my family because we had been gone all day and I did not feel like cooking. I got me a leg and after biting into it, I had to take the skin off because it was too greasy. This was from the same place we ate at all the time prior to my surgery. So I boil and grill my chicken now. As much as I love bread, I can't eat it like I used to. Only a small piece every once in a while. I really don't have the taste for it anymore.

I love eggs and never had a problem eating them. I eat them almost every day for Breakfast. They are my main source of Protein in the morning.

On December 14, 2019 at 10:05 AM, polly76 said:

Have you tried removing the seeds? I just scrape a spoon down the center take them out, then cut up the two halves into pieces.

On another Note I just tried Fairlfe chocolate the weekend myself. Really awesome!

RED meats DO NOT WORK FOR ME ANY LONGER BREADS OF ANY KIND JUST WONT STAY DOWN

On 12/9/2019 at 5:34 AM, FluffyChix said:

I love this, Danny. I actually agree with EVERYTHING she said! If you're just gonna go back to the old relationships that got you to the Obesity Ball in the first place, then why have the surgery which is designed to give us a brief window of opportunity to reshape our relationship with food while limiting stomach volume, and resetting some hormones that CAN be forked over YET AGAIN if we're not careful. Why do that to yourself? If it wasn't for a brand new second chance at life?

At living a HEALTHY life?

I'm no angel. I aim for 100% compliance and know that at best, I will only realize 80-90% compliance success. But even then, because of the reprogramming, I was able to reach my goal. I have successfully maintained for the past few months (early days yet). And I ask myself, is X Food/Drink worth the price I will pay tomorrow? Every bite we take is shaping our life tomorrow and next week, even next month. Or next year. We're either killing ourselves with each bite, or healing ourselves.

I love what you wrote here. I am pre-surgery for the gastric sleeve and I have already started making the food changes I will need for after my surgery. I am trying my best for 100% compliance as well and asking myself those same questions: "is this Pasta dish worth it, is that cookie worth it?" I have to be really strict with myself because it's too easy to say just one cookie and then that becomes two, three, well you know what I mean.

Can I say what I CAN eat now? Eggs! I had that lap band for 10 years and couldn't eat eggs. Now they are my go-to Protein and I love them!!

I haven't found anything I can't stomach yet, but I'm not off total restrictions yet.