Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just want Ice cold drinks

Hello everyone just wondering am i the only one whos going thru this.... ny taste buds has def change...all i want is cold drinks but any sweet drinks are beyond horrible for me they taste sooo gross.... Well yesterday i saw watermelon and i blended with ice...OMG!... for me it has been the best thing i have drank so far.... Now is there any drinks anyone could recommend ... Is it ok to drink natural juice... like beet juice... like orange and carrit juice.... i love drinks like that but just wondering is it okay or a very bad idea.... I did order the premier protien clear drink TROPICAL FLAVOR...for me is so sweet i even added extra Water and ice to see if the taste changes and still it taste gross to me🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was the same way still am, I love everything cold, I use to eat sugar free ice pops a lot and now I love the new body amor drinks but I like the lites, they taste great and not too sweet

I had my last visit with my dietician prior to my surgery, and I was amazed that they allow diet soda, as long as you wait two months to let the stomach sutures totally heal. That made me happy!

I too have to have everything cold with ice or ice chips. In fact I had it in the hospital to get my Water in. All cold all the time.... for water and drinks... I can't stand cold Soup though.

12 hours ago, JRT Mom said:

I had my last visit with my dietician prior to my surgery, and I was amazed that they allow diet soda, as long as you wait two months to let the stomach sutures totally heal. That made me happy!

im so curious why everyone i have heard from says it is banned. I wonder why? Ugh its hard when Drs are inconsistent because then you wonder if it is all BS.... Im too scared to try it.

All I want is ice cold drinks. I even need to put ice in my milk. Nothing seems cold enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am from the south so sweet tea is a way of life, until now. Now I brew caffeine-free ice tea and drink it over ice. My nurse laughed and asked how my brown Water tastes. I like it. I don't do sugar substitutes, or carbonated drinks so it is my tea for me.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:03 PM, Serengirl said:

im so curious why everyone i have heard from says it is banned. I wonder why? Ugh its hard when Drs are inconsistent because then you wonder if it is all BS.... Im too scared to try it.

Prolly a few reasons - the carbonation can't be good for the smaller stomachs, the acid as well, the artificial sweeteners in diet soda are just as bad as sugar for you and it's a small stretch to go from diet coke back to regular coke so it's best to avoid all together.