Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 15 surgery - Scared beyond belief

I am schedule for sleeve surgery on 11/15 and start pre surgery prep tomorrow. I am more scared than anything and feeling very overwhelmed and hoping/praying that I won’t fail. Anyone in west broward having surgery around this time? In need of a buddy.

Not in Florida but plenty of people, including myself, are here for you! Just had mine done on Oct 22. You'll do great!

Ividacovich thank you. how long were you out of work? And congrats

I am schedule for sleeve surgery on 11/15 and start pre surgery prep tomorrow. I am more scared than anything and feeling very overwhelmed and hoping/praying that I won’t fail. Anyone in west broward having surgery around this time? In need of a buddy.
Hey there. I just got sleeved on Monday (11/4) at Coral Springs Medical Center with Dr. Wizman. I was scared and anxious out of my mind. Thank G-d, everything went so much better than I expected. It hasn't been a walk in the park, but everything went as well as it could have. Who is your surgeon?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Unclechaz Dr Cohen at Memorial he is amazing and the head of surgery so I know I am good with that but I am still so nervous.

I was scared too...but I can honestly say it's the best decision I've ever made. You'll do fine just focus on how much healthier and happier you're gonna be. Based on my recent medical tests this has improved and extended my life. My surgery was July 19, 2019 and I've lost 51 pounds and counting. Good luck, you've got this!!!

Edited by Tbiz68

Unclechaz Dr Cohen at Memorial he is amazing and the head of surgery so I know I am good with that but I am still so nervous.
You're in good hands and at an excellent hospital. You got this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Not in Broward but right across the alley in Naples, it is normal to feel terrified - But I can tell you from my view i was rattled a little also, But it was the best decision you have made, As I enter the final stage of weight loss this has been a great 6 months - I do my last follow up Tuesday.

Look at it this way: Go on living the way we all did and Die quickly and be out of breath - clothes that are hard to find, and spend a ton of money on eating junk and eating out.

Or

Get you head on straight do the surgery and live longer - Plus you will be healthy, Happy and feeling like a whole new person. However i want to give you advice, It is not easy and the mental games are a b***h, So get your whole package ready for this adventure, I look at it as a journey.

Reach out anytime

17 hours ago, newmemommy said:

Ividacovich thank you. how long were you out of work? And congrats

I was only out of work the week of surgery. I was able to work from home the next week and I've been back at work this whole week. I haven't felt the fatigue that much honestly and things have been super smooth after getting through the first 4 or 5 days. That's when swallowing about any amount hurt and coughs and sneezes killed me. But since then no issues, down 30 pounds as of this morning in less than 3 weeks.