Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My BMI is 35.7. 5'2 weighing 195. I'm in my 40s with hypertension, prediabetes, and psuedotumor cerebri. All 3 were listed as comorbidities. I have Horizon Omnia insurance and hope as I begin this journey that I will be approved for surgery. My initial consultation is in a few weeks so I would love to get a heads up on the process as well link up with others who have had similar stats. I wonder if I will lose too much weight. I don't think I would look right under 130lbs. Any input, suggestions, and advice is appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my LG-LS998 using BariatricPal mobile app

My BMI is 35.7. 5'2 weighing 195. I'm in my 40s with hypertension, prediabetes, and psuedotumor cerebri. All 3 were listed as comorbidities. I have Horizon Omnia insurance and hope as I begin this journey that I will be approved for surgery. My initial consultation is in a few weeks so I would love to get a heads up on the process as well link up with others who have had similar stats. I wonder if I will lose too much weight. I don't think I would look right under 130lbs. Any input, suggestions, and advice is appreciated. Thank you[emoji4]

I forgot to mention high cholesterol as well.

I can't comment on your specific insurance, but I had very similar stats and was approved by my insurance. I don't believe that high cholesterol is considered a relevant co-morbidity, but hypertension and pre-diabetes certainly are.

At 5'2" and 130 pounds, you would have a BMI of 23, which is considered healthy. Once you reach your goal weight, you are in control. In order to stop losing weight, you will need to increase your calories at that point. (I happen to have just started maintenance and am increasing my calories to about 1,700 to 1,800 per day--and I will admit that it's not easy!)

I have been approved by my insurance company but my surgery is not until Dec 10th. My BMI has been just under 36. I have type 2 diabetes, GERD and sleep apnea. From what I have read, people don’t seem to lose too much unless they have some sort of complication. My surgeon allows us to select our own goal weight as long as it is a healthy weight. Good luck with your journey!

2 hours ago, SugarTree said:

My BMI is 35.7. 5'2 weighing 195. I'm in my 40s with hypertension, prediabetes, and psuedotumor cerebri. All 3 were listed as comorbidities. I have Horizon Omnia insurance and hope as I begin this journey that I will be approved for surgery. My initial consultation is in a few weeks so I would love to get a heads up on the process as well link up with others who have had similar stats. I wonder if I will lose too much weight. I don't think I would look right under 130lbs. Any input, suggestions, and advice is appreciated. Thank you

I am 35.6 5'2 weighing 195. I'm scheduled for the sleeve November 12th. I have diabetes, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and Gerd.

I have been approved by my insurance company but my surgery is not until Dec 10th. My BMI has been just under 36. I have type 2 diabetes, GERD and sleep apnea. From what I have read, people don’t seem to lose too much unless they have some sort of complication. My surgeon allows us to select our own goal weight as long as it is a healthy weight. Good luck with your journey!
Thank you[emoji4]

I can't comment on your specific insurance, but I had very similar stats and was approved by my insurance. I don't believe that high cholesterol is considered a relevant co-morbidity, but hypertension and pre-diabetes certainly are.
At 5'2" and 130 pounds, you would have a BMI of 23, which is considered healthy. Once you reach your goal weight, you are in control. In order to stop losing weight, you will need to increase your calories at that point. (I happen to have just started maintenance and am increasing my calories to about 1,700 to 1,800 per day--and I will admit that it's not easy!)
Good to know that I can control the weight I want to be.