Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got on the scale today and wanted to cry. The scale is up to 196! I know the cause I think..... I have only once made it to 800 calories in a day. I am on the soft diet and in a week I can start my regular diet. I just don't get enough calories in each day. My Water is pretty close anywhere from 54 to 62 oz a day. It's frustrating!

Thanks for listening!

This is noise/water retention. See my post from a few weeks ago about gaining 6lbs overnight. You will be laughing about this in 2-3 weeks.

3 minutes ago, Brent701 said:

This is noise/water retention. See my post from a few weeks ago about gaining 6lbs overnight. You will be laughing about this in 2-3 weeks.

I hope so, thanks!

Its Water - Do not weigh yourself every day - you will end up in a rubber room - Set a goal for the week.

The damm head games are the worse part of this surgery - You got this

Thanks sir, I know you are right, I just have to stop telling myself that and to stay off the scale!

Lynda I was doing the same thing. The weight was initially coming off so good then I went up 5 pounds and almost cried. I was getting frustrated and decided to do what AJ said stop weighing myself daily. It was driving me crazy. I weigh weekly now, especially now since I'm 3 months out and on regular diet. I had my 3 month check up and everything is great but we did talk about the stahls, they told me to not worry to keep doing what I'm doing including exercising it will start dropping again. Stay encouraged!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank-you so much for the encouragement. I have decided to weigh in on Mondays from now on. I need to figure out what to eat that will up my calories. At the moment I am eating my 1/2 cup of food at each meal and then 2 Snacks a day at 1/2 cup each, I get in 300 to 500 cal a day. I get most of my Water in each day, but sometimes put off food to get my water in, sigh. I know it will start coming off again, just have to be patient!

How much Protein are you getting?

Weight fluctuations happen. I bounce from 129 to 133 throughout the week.

Also, not to be too TMI, but the best time to weigh is naked, in the morning, after you poop. LOL

Edited by mousecat88

Yeah... the weight fluctuations do happen... I'll usually go down three lbs, then up two to four, then down five to six, and then up two to four, etc.

I am getting 50 to 100 grams of Protein each day and yesterday despite being a work day I got in almost 800 calories! I did discover I was completely constipated and will not let that happen again, whoa! Now I can't wait to see the scale Monday or maybe I will put it off another week. Thanks all!

I empathize with you. We all do. It can be frustrating to see gains, but they are a part of this journey. I have learned to not weigh every day, as others have mentioned. It was counterproductive.

Also, not to be too TMI, but the best time to weigh is naked, in the morning, after you poop. LOL
Mousecat that is so true. That's when I weigh in and that's how I weigh in. I get the most accurate weigh in at that time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/30/2019 at 11:57 AM, mousecat88 said:

Hahaha!! That's exactly when I weigh, also!😄

@Lynda486 I was just about to start a thread called 3 week stall and weight gain until I saw this thread.. I am experiencing the same. I have not lost for about a week in fact I've gained 2 lbs. I JUST got the surgery Oct 1. I haven't even logged the two lb weight gain because I want to deny it. It happened around day 21 of the surgey. I've added soft foods in and I think that's why. I'm hitting my Protein and fluid goals I just happen to be eating more real food. I never go past 350 calories a day and I get two 30 minutes walks in a day. I don't understand and I weigh several times a day and at the grocery store. I'm reading the responses and they give me some comfort but this is disheartening to have gone through this and now I've gained??? I did better pre-op...OMG..wondering what I did to myself and regretting this surgery. I'm not constipated at all everything is working on that front. Everyone says you lose the most the 1st six months of surgery and now I've stopped.

Edited by Panda333