Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had a final discussion with my surgeon.

He tried his best to explain the way he does the bypass.

He said the 120cm is the limb of the bypass

& He does a small thin pouch vs a round one?

He said the thinner one is safer and easier to heal because less distance for food to travel?

Should be same volume as pouch just slimmer like a mini sleeve then of course the bypassing.

Getting excited for the bypass I'm 55 lbs down but still plan on losing another 70-80 yet

Thanks guys for all your kind words

It sounds like you have a really, really great surgeon. You appear to really be taking the time to understand how this surgery will impact your life. You have done amazingly well with your weight loss and have a very good attitude. You have what it takes to succeed.

Keep doing what you are doing.

12 minutes ago, ValerieInMexico said:

It sounds like you have a really, really great surgeon. You appear to really be taking the time to understand how this surgery will impact your life. You have done amazingly well with your weight loss and have a very good attitude. You have what it takes to succeed.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Thank you I really hope for a smooth recovery..

5 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

120cm is the limb of the bypass

& small thin pouch

We'll nearly be gastro anatomical twins 😂

31 minutes ago, Mikeyy said:

Thank you I really hope for a smooth recovery..

I had a really bad recovery after hoping (like we all do) that things would go smoothly. My pouch leaked and had to be repaired, which resulted in an extended stay in the hospital. In the first couple of months I was passing out and having seizures, and the doctors could not figure out why.

I'm telling you this because I have done extremely well since then. I reached my goal weight in 7 months, I feel fantastic, and those initial problems are a distant memory now. I hope your recovery is smooth--but in case it's not, the members of this forum have collectively experienced every possible setback and can help you through the the tough times--and reassure you that everything will be fine in the long run.

Go Mikeyy. You've got this. You've got a great attitude and it seems like you're doing your "head work" to have a successful WLS. Thanks for keeping us informed as to how you are doing. It's making all the difference to have people to talk to.

You're going to do great. It's normal to feel nervous. When it's done don't hesitate to call on us for reassurance and advice (after the surgeon and your team of course.) We will always help when we can. This is an exciting time!

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

We'll nearly be gastro anatomical twins 😂

:) how do you mean?

58 minutes ago, Mikeyy said:

:) how do you mean?

I wonder if he is doing the ds on you?

He said RNY bypass he was taught in Canada and he just does a skinny pouch rather than golf ball I don't understand the difference myself ?

8 minutes ago, Mikeyy said:

He said RNY bypass he was taught in Canada and he just does a skinny pouch rather than golf ball I don't understand the difference myself ?

Skinny like a banana? That is a sleeve. I think the combo of both is the ds, but I could be wrong? Someone probably knows way more than me.

He said skinny but like half a sleeve size so very similar volume to the pouch just skinny the bypassing in an actual bypass is different to the bypassing of the DS

Greentealal has had the sleeve and rny, so I thought that is what she meant. Good luck on your surgery, you are doing great!💯

5 minutes ago, gabybab said:

Greentealal has had the sleeve and rny, so I thought that is what she meant. Good luck on your surgery, you are doing great!💯

Yes thats the joke i was making plus thats the length of my bypass 😂