Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sort of blew it yesterday

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!!!!

I sort of blew it last night at dinner when I was served a HUGE plate of food at the gathering I attended.

I was talking and enjoying the conversation all through dinner and not focusing on what I was eating -- all the while I was unconsciously eating very large portions of "mushies" (stuffing and mashed potatoes -- my holiday favorites). Since my first fill I have been more or less avoiding foods like this because I know how easily they go down.

Anyhow, at one point during the meal (too late unfortunately) I looked down at my plate and realized that I had eaten far too much.

I have decided not to beat myself up over this. I am going to just chalk this up to experience. The lesson learned is that the band will not remind me when I am overindulging on mushies, and that it is important to pay very close attention to what I am eating --- always, always, always......................

I hope everyone else did a whole lot better than I did yesterday!!

Banane43.gifCrazy Ates November Exercise Challengeboxing.gif

13/16 Days of Exercise

Mexico

9.75 cm/4cc Inamed Band

2 fills (both under fluoro): 9/07 & 11/07

Frangipani:

I did it too. I was good until dessert came out. Oh well, it was one day. My scale stayed the same as yesterday, and hopefully it will stay the same, or go down tomorrow. It is just one day and I'm right back on track today. I'm going out walking soon, after having gone shopping for three hours this morning.

Christmas is around the corner, and I have to teach my Daughter how to make my lasagna! Hopefully I'll be very restricted and only be able to eat a two inch piece of lasagna.

You're doing great with 44 down since August. Keep up the good work.

Sue

It is one day and the nice thing is that the band allows you to just pick up right where you left off. I remember being on Atkins and having an off day, which meant that it was going to take at least a week to get back on track again, which meant that it gave me an excuse to be off for 3 or 4 or 40 days. We didn't Celebrate Thanksgiving this year because we were moving so I didn't have the huge plate of mashed potatoes to tempt me, but I did fight major head hunger yesterday. I think part of me was acutally hungry (89 trips upstairs carrying very heavy items can work up an appetite!) but the majority of my food cravings was just plain head hunger. Maybe for Christmas, you could plate your own food so that you can participate in conversation and mindlessly eat without over doing it. I don't know if your family/friends know so I don't know if that is plausible. Everybody under the sun knows that I have had it done, including the waitresses when I politely decline any and all beverages they insist upon bringing me or when the question whether or not I like the food because I only eat a few bites. My trick is to put on the plate what I think I should eat, because if it is in front of me, I will find someway of eating the whole thing. Just a thought. But don't feel too bad, and just get right back to what you were doing. 44 pounds means that you are doing something right!

I did kinda bad yesterday too - you aren't alone. I even had a piece of pumpkin pie. (Wish I'd looked up the calories on that BEFORE I ate it :faint:)

Luckily the scale didn't show it - stayed the same as yesterday.

I think the only thing that saved me was that besides dinner, the only thing I had eaten that day was 2 deviled eggs. And then right after dinner we took the dog for a long walk.

Oh well - back on the wagon today.

I'm going for my 2nd fill on 12/17 - I hope and pray that it at least gives me a little restriction before Christmas!!

Hi Sue, Karri and Candle,

Thanks for the responses and the encouragement. That makes me feel much better!!! ;)

Banane43.gifCrazy Ates November Exercise Challengeboxing.gif

13/16 Days of Exercise

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

9.75 cm/4cc Inamed Band

2 fills (both under fluoro): 9/07 & 11/07

I did the same thing... any for me too. The scale stayed the same... back on track.. reading all this, makes me feel better too! thanks so much, mag

Yep -- the band doesn't keep you from falling OFF the wagon, it just keeps the wagon from going off and leaving you BEHIND! LOL

I did good on portions, just had way more carbs than usual, but my weight has maintained, so I survived it okay. Now to get back to business again!

I'm ready to go back to the gym on Monday!

Might even go tomorrow afternoon!