Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone dating after surgery



Recommended Posts

I’m back to being single, I was in a relationship with a Con-Artist and just found out a few months ago, has anyone dated after surgery how did it go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lena809 Sorry you were conned by a jerk. I have no dating stories/hints/tips but I hope you find the right person for you. We all deserve to love and be loved.

Are you happy being single though? I always find people meet nicer partners when they are happy in their own company. But this can be hard if you feel lonely. Anyway good luck :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m happy to be out of that terrible relationship but I feel lonely 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bastian said:

@Lena809 Sorry you were conned by a jerk. I have no dating stories/hints/tips but I hope you find the right person for you. We all deserve to love and be loved.

Are you happy being single though? I always find people meet nicer partners when they are happy in their own company. But this can be hard if you feel lonely. Anyway good luck :)

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2019 at 9:41 AM, Lena809 said:
5 minutes ago, Lena809 said:

I’m happy to be out of that terrible relationship but I feel lonely 😞

Sorry, you feel lonely it is hard I understand. Sometimes you just want that 1 person there to share with or have them look after you when you need it huh

I know it isn't the same but do you have a good friend and family network to ease it a little bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bastian said:

Sorry, you feel lonely it is hard I understand. Sometimes you just want that 1 person there to share with or have them look after you when you need it huh

I know it isn't the same but do you have a good friend and family network to ease it a little bit?

I don’t 😢 that’s what makes it so hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we all need some sort of support in life reach out to a support group ? just a thought maybe you can meet someone through the group can give advise (still wont put myself out there to meet ) have a great day cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VIKING 0424 said:

we all need some sort of support in life reach out to a support group ? just a thought maybe you can meet someone through the group can give advise (still wont put myself out there to meet ) have a great day cheers

Thanks I won’t put myself out there either, it’s scary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think we all will find the one when it is meant to be souls searching will find the one they desire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Lena,

ive trier but have yet to find that special someone. It’s hard to relate. However my confidence has gone through the roof lol

seriously if you need to talk Let us know. I’m in Montreal but I’m always open for conversation :)

you deserve to be happy and treated right. Never settle for less.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mike,

thank you! I’m feeling great about how I look but due to my breakup from the man I was with for 7 years has me still emotional. I had to let him go due to him threatening to kill me and bury me in my backyard. It was a real relationship to me but I know now he was a con-artist. So rough but I need to move forward

lena

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Lena809 said:

Hi Mike,

thank you! I’m feeling great about how I look but due to my breakup from the man I was with for 7 years has me still emotional. I had to let him go due to him threatening to kill me and bury me in my backyard. It was a real relationship to me but I know now he was a con-artist. So rough but I need to move forward

lena

Hey I’ll write to you in a message. See if we can discuss :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m back to being single, I was in a relationship with a Con-Artist and just found out a few months ago, has anyone dated after surgery how did it go...

I separated feburary of 2020 and started a new relationship a month after. Everything has been great besides my beau's ex girlfriend has been harassing and stalking me . I already got the police involved. We just dont know what anybody is capable of nowadays. Like that creepy saying , if I cant have him no one can kind of thing. I just hope and pray that everything goes well .

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kind of in the same boat. My marriage feels over I've tried a million things for it to work but I'm the only one trying. He was with me at the hospital for about 30 mins the day of my surgery and that's it. My daughter had to care for me. I wish I could find someone who truly appreciated me and truly cared and showed it! I guess people just change.... :(

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Christina Phillips said:

I'm kind of in the same boat. My marriage feels over I've tried a million things for it to work but I'm the only one trying. He was with me at the hospital for about 30 mins the day of my surgery and that's it. My daughter had to care for me. I wish I could find someone who truly appreciated me and truly cared and showed it! I guess people just change.... :(

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

stay positive life does go on and think of the valuable lesson s learned it does not stop the hurt however chin up we are here if you need to vent or chat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Onedayatatime365

      Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • jparadigm

      Happy Wednesday!
       
      I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

        Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

    • ChunkCat

      Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

        omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

      2. gracesmommy2

        Hope you’re doing well!

      3. NickelChip

        I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

    • jparadigm

      Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

      Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×