Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a Difference a Poop Makes!

Pooping makes the world go around! The world go around! The world go around! Many think this song should be about money, but nah...I think it's all about the :70_poop: (Mr. Hanky).

:D Good Lord! So I've been through MOM 60ml x 3 days, Mag Citrate 400mg pills Daily, Mag Citrate liquid (1/3 bottle--oh the humanity! Never again!), Smooth Move Tea, and Miralax x 2 days, psyllium 12g x 3 days, chia seed pudding (standing by), and daily Colace 250mg pills...and finally. Finally!

FINALLY!

The earth moved. I would like to thank the academy.

I feel such a sense of relief. I was seriously bloated, uncomfy, was 4 lbs up on the scale, and generally in a pissy mood yesterday. I was miserable. Now, this morning...I feel light as a feather and so relieved. No more pain, distended tummy, nuttin honey. Life is good again. :D

Nowwwww....wax eloquently and profusely about how much better you feel when the trains are rolling down the track on schedule!!!

Ok, go!

Well Fluffy I do agree because I still fight this battle. Instead of the. Old Classic "What a Difference A Day Makes", I hereby n9minate for the Fecal HitParade---" What a Difference a Poop Makes". I worked for eons in Long Term Health Care, ridiculed my clients ( behind their backs of course) about their obsession. Well Dayum, they KNEW what they were talking about, even the gentleman who stood up in the middle of the Dining Room to announce " I TOOK A DUMP TODAY!", one of my funniest moments because I was one table away helping someone else with their meal.

MOM day is my favorite day of the week. LOL. Always down a pound 100% the next morning. Last week I had Smooth Moves and same result.

6 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

MOM day is my favorite day of the week. LOL. Always down a pound 100% the next morning. Last week I had Smooth Moves and same result.

🍾 To MOM! We heart her so! LOL.

I think the Smooth Moves combined with the Clearlax and other carnage finally made the earth move! LOL. I'm back down to 134.0lbs. I was 137.2lbs at one point yesterday, then it settled to 136.

I've been terribly constipated. I talked to my PA at my 6 month checkup and I'm going back in my metformin. My blood sugars are still a little elevated. Only 130 this morning, but metformin get things rapidly moving. Lol

Hopefully my weightloss will get moving again.

Just now, gabybab said:

I've been terribly constipated. I talked to my PA at my 6 month checkup and I'm going back in my metformin. My blood sugars are still a little elevated. Only 130 this morning, but metformin get things rapidly moving. Lol

Hopefully my weightloss will get moving again.

Sorry to hear that, but metformin may be a good thing!!! It will help heal you cuz it makes you more insulin sensitive!!! Hopefully the weight loss starts again!!!

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Sorry to hear that, but metformin may be a good thing!!! It will help heal you cuz it makes you more insulin sensitive!!! Hopefully the weight loss starts again!!!

I take an opioid for chronic pain and that seems to make it worse. I'm lucky if I go every 4 days. I'm just not sure how I can be stuck at this stall again. Like you said, maybe metformin will help. Lantus seems to help, but I'm told it may slow down weigh loss even more. 🥵

Just now, gabybab said:

I take an opioid for chronic pain and that seems to make it worse. I'm lucky if I go every 4 days. I'm just not sure how I can be stuck at this stall again. Like you said, maybe metformin will help. Lantus seems to help, but I'm told it may slow down weigh loss even more. 🥵

Is there any way your doc would supervise you with fasting? Mr. F. is ok to fast with metformin, but he was able to stop his T2 drug (think it was Januvia? or something...) by IF and low carb/keto...just trying to spitball. Lantus absolutely will make you gain or make weight loss very difficult.

31 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Is there any way your doc would supervise you with fasting? Mr. F. is ok to fast with metformin, but he was able to stop his T2 drug (think it was Januvia? or something...) by IF and low carb/keto...just trying to spitball. Lantus absolutely will make you gain or make weight loss very difficult.

Yes, I believe it is ok to fast with metformin. As far as I know it doesn't cause lows like other drugs may. Since I have started the Lantus I have noticed a big slow down in my weight loss. I'm eating about 1200, (which may be too much) but, not hardly moving now at the all. I'm worried I will not lose anymore weight and am struggling to stay motivated.

Have you thought about going low carb and or doing IF's and EF's?

I'm not sure what Ef is? But, yes I've thought of doing the others.

1 minute ago, gabybab said:

I'm not sure what Ef is? But, yes I've thought of doing the others.

EF=Extended Fasting aka Dr. Jason Fung and Megan Ramos in IDM program. They reverse a lot of diabetes T2 patients--especially with extended fasts, but with you it would be imperative to have medical supervision...they also work with a bunch of bariatric patients.

6 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

EF=Extended Fasting aka Dr. Jason Fung and Megan Ramos in IDM program. They reverse a lot of diabetes T2 patients--especially with extended fasts, but with you it would be imperative to have medical supervision...they also work with a bunch of bariatric patients.

I'm planning in seeing my dietitian soon to help me get through this slump and will asj her about it. I'm also going to see my endocrinologist because my bs levels are still a little elevated and I need to see how to handle it. I definitely interested in doing low carb and the fasting to help get the sugars down!