Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, this is gonna sound cheesy as all get out, but I’m so happy I found this site and forum. Just glancing around when I have the time the one HUGE thing I notice is how well this community does to support each other, and help each other up during slumps, or fears of backsliding, calming those questioning choices, changes, tips, etc. It’s becoming where I come at the end of the night after my 3 kids are finally sleeping to kinda get to know the site more and all of you. There’s so much incredibly helpful knowledge & support you all give on here, and that the site puts out there.

I know I’m a totally giddy, nerdy, newb, not even close to a surgery date, but truthfully, I tried forums over the years for mom stuff, marriage stuff, obesity sites, but this site feels different, like a safe place to be real about hard body truths, and more... Not having to be all “laughy” fat girl, like how I am with my close friends, it’s like being a jokey fat ghost. When my fat butt breaks every dang stupid plastic cheap lawn chair I own, which truthfully is seriously funny (yes, and sad, but also very funny)... I just wish it was a skinnier butt of mine breaking my lame, cheap chairs so the nagging feeling that I may be one step away from a heart attack would abate. I don’t want to be a ghost floating through life anymore, or a sad stat anymore.

I want to be my clumsy self, but healthier, ya know what I mean? I really do love making a fool of myself in close company. I want my kids to see that side of me more, when I’m not so whooped trying to survive it all. I want to be present in the here & now with everyone, instead of hiding most me in my head, while leaving the fat me on the outside. I want my kids to know life is complete horse dung sometimes, but it’s all about getting back up on that dang horse, and falling right back off into that dung, but never quitting. Failing is how you learn to succeed, and I have had one hell of a funny, messed up life, perfecting the art of the fail. My kids are my world, they are the 3 planets that orbit my fat axis, and keep me balanced, and crazy too hahaha! Raising kids isn’t for the faint of heart, but it’s why I want to make my heart and health priorities to enjoy them before they’re all embarrassed to openly love their mom during their teen years... My mama always said Karma was waiting for me after my teen years bahahaha! 😬😳 I want to be there with them as support. I want to watch them grow into whoever they are going to be. I want to teach them the art of laughing in a pile of dung.

I seriously do enjoy making fun of myself, namely, but now, there’s some scariness behind my butt busting cheap lawn chairs that I can’t shake lately. All I can say is I don’t even know if this will all work out for the surgery, I’m hoping with all hope it does, after jumping through the insurance hoops. But one thing that has already come out of this starting path is finding a place here that’s nice to be truthful about the funny and crappy things that come along with obesity. In the end, I hope we all have success, whatever that means to each person here. Good luck and thank you for coming to my rambling TedTalk about being so welcoming and kind on here! 🤓💚☺️

Okay, this is gonna sound cheesy as all get out, but I’m so happy I found this site and forum. Just glancing around when I have the time the one HUGE thing I notice is how well this community does to support each other, and help each other up during slumps, or fears of backsliding, calming those questioning choices, changes, tips, etc. It’s becoming where I come at the end of the night after my 3 kids are finally sleeping to kinda get to know the site more and all of you. There’s so much incredibly helpful knowledge & support you all give on here, and that the site puts out there.
I know I’m a totally giddy, nerdy, newb, not even close to a surgery date, but truthfully, I tried forums over the years for mom stuff, marriage stuff, obesity sites, but this site feels different, like a safe place to be real about hard body truths, and more... Not having to be all “laughy” fat girl, like how I am with my close friends, it’s like being a jokey fat ghost. When my fat butt breaks every dang stupid plastic cheap lawn chair I own, which truthfully is seriously funny (yes, and sad, but also very funny)... I just wish it was a skinnier butt of mine breaking my lame, cheap chairs so the nagging feeling that I may be one step away from a heart attack would abate. I don’t want to be a ghost floating through life anymore, or a sad stat anymore.
I want to be my clumsy self, but healthier, ya know what I mean? I really do love making a fool of myself in close company. I want my kids to see that side of me more, when I’m not so whooped trying to survive it all. I want to be present in the here & now with everyone, instead of hiding most me in my head, while leaving the fat me on the outside. I want my kids to know life is complete horse dung sometimes, but it’s all about getting back up on that dang horse, and falling right back off into that dung, but never quitting. Failing is how you learn to succeed, and I have had one hell of a funny, messed up life, perfecting the art of the fail. My kids are my world, they are the 3 planets that orbit my fat axis, and keep me balanced, and crazy too hahaha! Raising kids isn’t for the faint of heart, but it’s why I want to make my heart and health priorities to enjoy them before they’re all embarrassed to openly love their mom during their teen years... My mama always said Karma was waiting for me after my teen years bahahaha! [emoji51][emoji15] I want to be there with them as support. I want to watch them grow into whoever they are going to be. I want to teach them the art of laughing in a pile of dung.
I seriously do enjoy making fun of myself, namely, but now, there’s some scariness behind my butt busting cheap lawn chairs that I can’t shake lately. All I can say is I don’t even know if this will all work out for the surgery, I’m hoping with all hope it does, after jumping through the insurance hoops. But one thing that has already come out of this starting path is finding a place here that’s nice to be truthful about the funny and crappy things that come along with obesity. In the end, I hope we all have success, whatever that means to each person here. Good luck and thank you for coming to my rambling TedTalk about being so welcoming and kind on here! [emoji851][emoji172][emoji5]

Welcome LizzieMmmkay!!! You are a kindred spirit 🧡🧡🧡🧡

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, LizzieMmmkay said:

I want to be my clumsy self, but healthier, ya know what I mean? I really do love making a fool of myself in close company. I want my kids to see that side of me more, when I’m not so whooped trying to survive it all. I want to be present in the here & now with everyone, instead of hiding most me in my head, while leaving the fat me on the outside. I want my kids to know life is complete horse dung sometimes, but it’s all about getting back up on that dang horse, and falling right back off into that dung, but never quitting. Failing is how you learn to succeed, and I have had one hell of a funny, messed up life, perfecting the art of the fail. My kids are my world, they are the 3 planets that orbit my fat axis, and keep me balanced, and crazy too hahaha! Raising kids isn’t for the faint of heart, but it’s why I want to make my heart and health priorities to enjoy them before they’re all embarrassed to openly love their mom during their teen years... My mama always said Karma was waiting for me after my teen years bahahaha! 😬😳 I want to be there with them as support. I want to watch them grow into whoever they are going to be. I want to teach them the art of laughing in a pile of dung.

I seriously do enjoy making fun of myself, namely, but now, there’s some scariness behind my butt busting cheap lawn chairs that I can’t shake lately. All I can say is I don’t even know if this will all work out for the surgery, I’m hoping with all hope it does, after jumping through the insurance hoops. But one thing that has already come out of this starting path is finding a place here that’s nice to be truthful about the funny and crappy things that come along with obesity. In the end, I hope we all have success, whatever that means to each person here. Good luck and thank you for coming to my rambling TedTalk about being so welcoming and kind on here! 🤓💚☺️

Awwww, such a heart warming introduction. Welcome and we love your rambling story! Believe it or not your story will help someone else with similar issues. We arent that much different from one another. Look forward to following your progress and offering kind words of encouragement when needed ; )

Welcome, Lizzy! I shared many of your feelings when I came across this site. It is truly a blessing! I wish I had gotten my weight under control before my kids were teenagers. I didn't have surgery until my youngest 2 were seniors in college. No point in regrets, though.

Best wishes on your journey!

Welcome Lizzy!!! Glad you're here!

On 8/22/2019 at 11:00 PM, LizzieMmmkay said:

giddy, nerdy,

@LizzieMmmkay

You will definitely fit in with this crowd🤗

Rambling and venting are good for the sole - we all do it, you are no stranger-

nice post, i can relate to much - especially about those chairs - i was always afraid to sit in

one for fear of collapsing

Sounds like you have 3 younguns, that's great that you will have WLS in time to run around

with those munchins.

glad you are enjoying reading these boards - KNOWLEDGE is POWER

good luck☺️

kathy

WELCOME