Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September Sleevers?

On 10/2/2019 at 5:35 PM, Cindy Beatty said:

I am one week postop from my sleeve. I’m doing great and have no real issues. Went for my postop check today and have lost 14 lbs in a week. Very excited

So very pleased for you, well done! This is a fantastic surgery result, exactly how you wish it to be for everyone. I'm going in expecting a not-too-uncomfortable experience, but well informed and prepared to manage anything that isn't. I hope you'll post further updates here, and that you continue with good health and great results!

3 hours ago, nikkilee72 said:

I had the shakes for the most part the first 2 weeks, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding, and plain greek yogurt. The second stage I hate part-skim ricotta cheese. I tried cottage cheese but my stomach rejected it with one small bite. Greek yogurt (lite&fit by Dannon) 80cal., pudding, outshine fruit bars, applesauce, blended vegetable soup/minestrone (took out the pasta), pureed pinto Beans. I still had to have 2 shakes a day in week 3 and 4.
I just started on soft foods on Thursday. Tried plain scrambled eggs. I felt like I ate cement. I talked to 2 people who work at the clinic and had the sleeve and they suggested scrambling the eggs with ricotta cheese and using mashed up avocado and salsa. So I'm going to try that tomorrow. They said the stomach wants the texture of smooth foods. She thinks adding the avocado with trick my stomach with the texture and the cheese will add moisture. I get filled up really quickly. But I'm not having many problems.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

That's a nice variety of foods. I'm so happy you're doing so well and not having any problems I hope to be the same way. 😁

9 minutes ago, nikkilee72 said:

Linda you must be getting excited nervous. Your date is coming up. It's the 14th right?

Hi Nikki. May sound crazy but I'm not nervous at all. Yes my surgery is Monday the 14th. I'm excited can't come fast enough. How are you feeling?

Hi Nikki. May sound crazy but I'm not nervous at all. Yes my surgery is Monday the 14th. I'm excited can't come fast enough. How are you feeling?
I'm doing great. 25 lbs lost my clothes are loose and I actually feel that I am actually going to loose my excess weight. I'm on soft foods and I am tolerating almost everything. This coming Thursday is my 6 week post-op. I am excited. I am glad your not nervous. You are going to do great. Just remember everything you experience will pass eventually. I will be thinking of you on Monday. Start walking a soon as your able to do.

3 minutes ago, nikkilee72 said:

I'm doing great. 25 lbs lost my clothes are loose and I actually feel that I am actually going to loose my excess weight. I'm on soft foods and I am tolerating almost everything. This coming Thursday is my 6 week post-op. I am excited. I am glad your not nervous. You are going to do great. Just remember everything you experience will pass eventually. I will be thinking of you on Monday. Start walking a soon as your able to do.

Congratulations that's wonderful. I can wait to join you in dropping pounds. I've lost 10 lbs in the last 10 days from this preop stuff. I heard about the walking. The nurse in the surgeon office said they will have me up and about in the hospital. Thank you for the well wishes😁

Hey Linda. I hope you had an excellent surgery day with little to no gas pains or naseau. Whenever you are well enough check in and let us know. I'm so excited for you. You joined the losers bench, you did it😁

23 minutes ago, Peytonkr said:

Hey Linda. I hope you had an excellent surgery day with little to no gas pains or naseau. Whenever you are well enough check in and let us know. I'm so excited for you. You joined the losers bench, you did it😁

Hello. Everything went great thank God. No naseau thank God. I've already been walking the hallways. Thanks for checking in on me. How are you doing? Hope all is well😊

I just had my surgery on 9/20/2019. Super excited to start this journey. 3 weeks post-op and lost 24 Lbs. Anyone having any issues?

51 minutes ago, Cheryl mac said:

I just had my surgery on 9/20/2019. Super excited to start this journey. 3 weeks post-op and lost 24 Lbs. Anyone having any issues?

Thats awesome Congrats.,

Hi everyone I’m a September sleever Uk 28/09/19

i was sick and had to do an extra night in hospital (esg sleeve) but doing well now just over two weeks out, no more pain wahooooo.

im down 18lb total which I’m happy with, having a stall at the moment but have had a word with myself, put my scales always in the cupboard and will stop weighing daily as it’s not helping my mental state!

14 minutes ago, Fatgirlslimming said:

i was sick and had to do an extra night in hospital (esg sleeve) but doing well now just over two weeks out, no more pain wahooooo.

im down 18lb total which I’m happy with, having a stall at the moment but have had a word with myself, put my scales always in the cupboard and will stop weighing daily as it’s not helping my mental state!

Wow congratulations on your weight loss. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Good luck 😊

Hello. Everything went great thank God. No naseau thank God. I've already been walking the hallways. Thanks for checking in on me. How are you doing? Hope all is well[emoji4]
That's great! It such a relief to be on the other side. Hope everything is continuing to unfold smoothly. [emoji1]

I had to stop weighing myself. It was making crazy.

I just seem to set unrealistic targets for myself constantly with weighing and my post op follow ups they keep telling me to fortnightly weigh and stop making myself miserable as it can alter my mood daily! So that’s what I’ll try to do.

hope everyone feeling good I’m just about feeling ready to exercise again and have my energy back now