Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else feel like it's taking forever

3 minutes ago, november11 said:

@Cherylmilla I don't read the negative comments since my mind is already made up and well informed so I just read the helpful ones. Maybe you will remember my date and check on me ...Your pre op is the same as mine . Good luck and God speed with your recovery.

I'll definitely remember your date. Good luck to you as well. I'm sure I'll post the outcome once I'm over and done. We become a little family here.

@Cherylmilla yes please do ..im in NJ also ...What part of NJ are you in if you don't mind me asking ...

Just now, november11 said:

@Cherylmilla yes please do ..im in NJ also ...What part of NJ are you in if you don't mind me asking ...

I live in Bergen County so I'm going to Clara Maass to get it done. You?

oh wow I'm going to Clara Maas too!!! very good hospital... wish we had the same date....wow good luck ..im gonna keep up with you...………….I live in Middlesex county

You look familiar, have you been to the group support? I was there last night.

@Cherylmilla no this is my support group lol.....I know you are excited to get on the loser's bench I know I am..... too much for too long for me...how did you lose 42 lbs already?

Edited by november11

Just now, november11 said:

@Cherylmilla no this is my support group lol.....I know you are excited to get on the loser's bench I know I am..... too much for too long for me...

Though I started in July, I really started researching and all years ago, so I feel more than ready. Scared, but that's just normal. It's still a major surgery. I've done everything right that I could. We have a good group (If you're going to Clara, we have the same surgical group). I walk and exercise, eat well, drink all my Water, and do everything I can to prepare. Once I'm in the OR, it's in the hands of my surgeon and God. I'll pray for you, please do the same for me :)

If you ever do make it to one of the support groups, let me know. The next one with the psychologist (the other months are zumba, plastic surgery, etc.) is in December. She said last night they may do once a month next year. they also have one in Livingston tomorrow night, which is right by my job and a little closer to your area (not by much).

This is a good support group, but I like to meet people in person too. We all chat afterwards. Hoping to make some good friends with this in common, because while family and friends can be supportive, only those of us going through it will truly know.

oh yeah definitely the group sounds like something I want to do . my nutritionalist is there too. her name is Silvana and Zumba is what I was thinking about getting into so yeah im glad we chatted and maybe we can meet in December, there on the loser's bench...lol. and you are right nobody realllly understands like the ones who actually go through it ...I will be praying for you as well .Prayer is right up my alley...you said the right thing...

I started this journey on April 1st. I had to jump through so many hoops.. first an EGD, then a home sleep study, then an in lab sleep study, then 30 days on my cpap machine. My surgery is finally coming- TWO DAYS FROM NOW!! October 10th is my day 😊

10 minutes ago, november11 said:

oh yeah definitely the group sounds like something I want to do . my nutritionalist is there too. her name is Silvana and Zumba is what I was thinking about getting into so yeah im glad we chatted and maybe we can meet in December, there on the loser's bench...lol. and you are right nobody realllly understands like the ones who actually go through it ...I will be praying for you as well .Prayer is right up my alley...you said the right thing...

She's my nutritionist too! Dr. Rainville is my surgeon. See, even online, it's a small world. It would be great to meet you on the losers bench.

2 minutes ago, CaitMarc917 said:

I started this journey on April 1st. I had to jump through so many hoops.. first an EGD, then a home sleep study, then an in lab sleep study, then 30 days on my cpap machine. My surgery is finally coming- TWO DAYS FROM NOW!! October 10th is my day 😊

That's awesome. You have been through a lot. I know others that have waited 6 months, a year or even more. It makes me feel bad for whining about waiting, but once you start the process, it is hard to wait. Now that it's coming, some days I want time to speed up and others, to slow down (when I have my scared days). It will be worth the wait, in the end.

Get out Dr Rainville is my Surgeon oh wow . With his cute self . He is the best in the state his bio says he has done more of these than any Dr in NJ

@Cherylmilla oh we gonna meet for sure. That’s why we have the same pre op we got the same surgeon . Love it 😍

54 minutes ago, november11 said:

@Cherylmilla oh we gonna meet for sure. That’s why we have the same pre op we got the same surgeon . Love it 😍

He’s the #1 doc in robotic surgery in NY/NJ. That eases my mind! If you’re the best At something in NY, that makes you one of the top surgeons in the country. I will see him tomorrow morning, my last appointment before surgery ☺️

I'm also on the site continually throughout the day, in between tasks at work, and would be on at night too, if my computer and internet would talk with each other. I need to bring in my computer for service. You are on your way! I'm very excited for you and cannot wait until I have a date set as well. Let us know how you come along @Cherylmilla and @november11