Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Black Friday??

in my family, the holidays are about providing for those in need. we pitch in a buy computers for the children of poor families..... my dad he started that . i think the whole holiday shopping thing is a sad reflection on the spiritual poverty of our country..... i hate to feel pressured to buy for people who already have too much..........

I am definitely shopping. It is my favorite day of the year! I love watching the crazy ass people fight over the cheap tv and literally beat the hell out of each other for them. Great cheap entertainment.

I really break the mold. I HATE shopping. I much prefer shopping online...

But I LOVE black Friday for some reason. I get caught up in the excitement. Im actually getting my wife up at 4am to get out there...YEAH BABY....

I love that the stores you can t move in them. Went to Circuit city once and it was like a jammed full night club...

..i remember once my said grab a cart quick...and i said ' nooo it will only slow us down..leave the cart behind ..run free...'

I just love all the crazyness of it all.

Even if i dont buy anything..i just get in the crowd and lift my feet and go with the crowd wooooohooooo.

Yeah i know..im pretty missed up...thats caz im British...man my British friends would freak over Black Friday. I miss Boxing day though!

It's the day after Christmas Day... Dec 26. HUGE shopping day in Canada. Probably just as bad as Black Friday to you guys!

(oh yeah, not JUST a Canadian thing)

There are about 5 or 6 women in my family that go every year (I am NOT one of them). Tonight at my grandmothers house, they were going through the sales papers, making their list, and planning, planning, and more planning. They actually use walkie-talkies and spread out at different stations and talk back and forth with each other until they can get everything on their lists. They had a run-in last year with someone who tried to steal an entire buggy. No price is worth going through that, in my opinion, although I love hearing about their adventures each year.

Tried it once ... up @ 3 and to the store by 4. The line to get in was literally wrapped around the entire building ... said screw it and went home back to bed ;)

I used to think it was crazy to get up at the crack of dawn to shop but now its become a family fun day. My 2 daughters and my niece and I got up at 3 am and were at the store by 4 - we shopped until 8 and then had Breakfast and then we were off again and finally home before noon. We all take our cell phones and go our separate ways and somehow hit up with each other in just about every store. Or like today we all got our "sales" my oldest daughter got in that hellish line and we gave her our money and took off to the next store - we all got our purchases and were back waiting for her before she got done LOL - we made several trips to the car and there was barely room to sit on the way home.

LOVE IT!!!

NO WAY do I go shopping on Black Friday!!! And what is worse than shopping on Black Friday?? WORKING at a retail store on Black Friday!!!!! I used to work at Best Buy (YIKES!), and every year we would have to call the police because of customers threatening employees or other shoppers, and a few times there were actual fist fights in the store! Granted - it never seemed like we were prepared for the huge crowds that would come surging in, but we would have every single employee we had working every shift, and it never was enough. The things I saw people say and do were disgusting! But then there were also the wonderful, happy people who would be kind and patient, and try to calm down the idiots who were getting furious because the lines were so long, or something they wanted was sold out. And I won't even get into the shoplifting that went on!!! I know there are stories about grumpy and rude retail workers too - believe me we had to fire quite a few during this time of year, but I will never forget the look of greed and hatefulness on shoppers faces.....but also will never forget the funny, helpful shoppers who made me not lose my faith in the human race. I vow to NEVER work in retail again!!

I just got back from my 14 hour shopping excursion.

My biggest pet peeve are the people who come out shopping today and then get pissy about the crowds and start fussing and swearing. Umm HELLO you are shopping on the biggest, busiest day of the year, what the hell do you expect. I had to wait this morning for 30 minutes at the jewelry counter to be rung up as the second person in line. The girl who was ringing had no idea what she was doing. Everyone was getting angry and pissy but you know, what can you do? She was trying her best and getting no help from management. Plus she was usually working in the back and probably should not have been on register in the first place. But to get mad and start swearing at her? So horrible. I am always careful to thank everyone and tell them how much I appreciate them working because if they were not there, I couldn't be. Sometime you just have to laugh and move on.

Now as for shopping....wow. I have not ever been able to shop in regular clothing stores before and today was just pure heaven. This could become a serious obsession. I just can't put into words how wonderful it felt to be able to shop in normal sized stores. But I am sure you guys understand.

I fall into that use to HATE it think people were NUTS category. But after being drug along last year for the first time with my DS & DM I've caught the bug. This year I wasn't back home to go out with them but still drug my sorry backside out of bed at 2:30am aft 3 hours of sleep to be in line for the first store opening at 4am. I shopped 7 different stores, spent at least 2 weeks wages and was home before noon. Sad thing is the majority of what I bought was for me, not for anyone else's X-mas. My crazy, cunning plan is to ask for these same items for Christmas from my family. If they get them for me I'll return what I bought, if not then well I got it a bunch cheaper than I would have after the holidays. Last year I did something similar and got an unintentional added bonus when I couldn't find my receipt for some DVD's I needed to return. I remembered I'd paid around $19 for them but the store gave me over $50 in store credit for their return. I tried to tell the clerk I paid less but since I didn't have the receipt she said it was easier to give me back thier current price than to give me less.