Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8/19/19- the day that will change my life!

My first post here thanks to a good friend for sharing this app info. Going in for gastric sleeve tomorrow morning. I know you all will understand my excitement and nervousness! I would appreciate any tips or advice you have for a newbie. Thanks guys!

My first post here thanks to a good friend for sharing this app info. Going in for gastric sleeve tomorrow morning. I know you all will understand my excitement and nervousness! I would appreciate any tips or advice you have for a newbie. Thanks guys!
Good luck!! You are in good company! We have quite a few 8/19 sibs!! 4 by my last count!
Wishing you and all your sibs a successful surgery and speedy recovery [emoji169]🧡[emoji173]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

08/18/2019 11:10 AM, amylou327 said:

Hi :) welcome!

I am one of the 4 that @Deedee12 was mentioning! I will be going in tomorrow morning at 6:30 is my arrival time but 9 am is surgery.

I will say for me what helped me control my nerves was binge watching my 600lb life and family by the ton, as well as YouTube experiences. I also read a Bariatric mindset success book.

Also what helping me from not backing out is
1. Knowing how much money I’ve put in already with all the copays and what insurance didn’t cover during the process
2. My WHY Im doing this

Feel free to send me any questions you may have :)

Good luck tomorrow @Bianca S on the soon to be new you! You rock.

Thank u @Deedee12! 💙

Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and an easy recovery!

Best tip: Don't compare yourself to others!

Any updates

@mikeyy. Feeling great today! The first 2 days I was out of it with the pain meds having me drugged up. Came home Wednesday and been in my wife’s good hands getting better and Better as each day passes.

@bianca s. How are you doing?

And I am Praying Prayers of Blessing for All of You, September 5th will be my First Surgiversity, although my path has not always been smooth I would NEVER trade the Frustr8 I am now for the Frustr8 that used to be. Any Liabilities pale in comparision to what I have GAINED! Smile and Be Joyful- All my Young Friends!

On 08/24/2019 at 16:22, amylou327 said:

@bianca s. How are you doing?

Hello I’m doing good. Today has been easier drinking. I even was able to sleep for the first time since surgery on my right side (I’m a stomach sleeper) but not my left yet.

Liquids/semi liquid stage 2 for me has been difficult since I have no appetite I have to remind myself to have something that’s not just Water or a sugar free drink.

How are you?

I had RNY done on 8/19 as well! it's so cool to see there are others out there with the same date! Hello 😊