Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skany Evil Repulsive Patient Coordinators

the mods/admins can do IP checks and ban IP addresses to keep them out.
Well -- a few things here.

First, we don't necessarily want to keep patient coordinators or others "in league" with surgeons away from the board. This site can be as great of a resource for them as it is for patients. For example, my surgeon's last coordinator had an account here and would use it to see what kinds of questions people were asking - what the "hot topics" were. She would then use that in turn to lay out an agenda for support group meetings.

Second - yes, IPs can be banned. Meaning, anyone with that IP is banned, not just the offender. But it's not something we just go do, or even consider except for the most extreme situations. Usually mods and admins see this as an absolute last resort saved for times when blocking a specific offender is deemed better for the health of the board than the consequences of losing potential current/new members.

This board is very liberal in what it allows/tolerates. Much more so than most boards I am or have been a part of. It would take a lot for an IP ban to be considered.

(An example of when this might be used "lightly" -- when you have a local board, say for people in California, and someone from a *.ru is causing problems. Do you care if people from Russia can't get to your board? Probably not.)

Well -- a few things here.

First, we don't necessarily want to keep patient coordinators or others "in league" with surgeons away from the board. This site can be as great of a resource for them as it is for patients. For example, my surgeon's last coordinator had an account here and would use it to see what kinds of questions people were asking - what the "hot topics" were. She would then use that in turn to lay out an agenda for support group meetings.

I don't have a problem with the type of coordinator you refer to. I'm talking about those that aren't even banded and they pose as a banded person who is absolutely in love with their doctor for a life changing surgery that never existed. Or, someone who lies, fibs, and avoids honesty because their employer's stats... well, they suck. Wheetsin, I recently received a PM from a coordinator asking me not to post her doc's stats because it makes him look bad. They are HIS stats! Came directly from his office! Why would someone hide the truth from a potential patient?

We caught one person with more IDs than she had underwear. When we caught her she just stopped using all those IDs and came back with a slew more. Actually, she's posted in this thread under... yet another fake ID.

Look at that long post with all my quotes. Those are bits and pieces of truth, not the whole truth. I could have gone through and explained each and every quote and told what REALLY happened vs. what she claims and infers. Such as when I'm speaking highly of a US doc and she only posts the compliment and then claims or infers I talk about my doc non stop.

Personally, I don't start threads telling how great my doc is, I don't discuss him in most of my posts, I don't usually discuss him unless I am specifically asked. Sometimes not even then. Yet I am accused of being a coordinator. So be it, I can live with that. I usually just let them hang themselves, it works out pretty well. I know the good and the bad about pretty much most Mexican docs and I'm learning more now, too! One of them even contacted me via email through the LBT system to ask for my phone number so we could "chat". I'm telling you, that was one amazingly bizarre phone call. I didn't have strong opinions about him one way or another before that call but I do today.

When I started the thread (sig link) about researching Mexican docs I thought it was a good thing. I had NO clue what that would become. After a couple of weeks of having the patient coordinators throwing a fit in threads, PMs, attached to my ankle like a yapping 4# Poodle, whining, crying, etc. I started to regret ever posting it. But the more they stomp their feeties, post nonsense, create more IDs, ... the more they hang themselves. THOSE are the types I refer to. Not the normal types. I refer to the liars, the dishonest people, those that come up with fake IDs and pretend to be an unhappy patient of one of the good docs when in reality, they've never met the doc they are trashing. Then they run around and post links in various threads to the fake patient post to scare the newbies and then with another ID they warn everyone about this doctor and suggest the newbies go to *their* doc, a safer doc.

All in all I'm not referring to the type of coordinator as you discuss, not in the least.

I am absolutely, undeniably 100% cynical! For Pete’s sake, I’m about to be put under anesthesia (where a percentage never wake up) so a stranger can slice my body open! Everyone here should be a cynic for a good, long period of time before hoping on a cold surgical bed. I just had my 1st consult this morning after 5 years of intensive LapBand research and only recently started considering going permanent with a bypass or gastric sleeve, perhaps. I’ve been one-on-one, face-to-face with at least 10 top surgeons in the US and Mexico and have held the hand of about 50 Bandsters before, during and after removal due to complications. I personally know 2 members that have died and been brought back to life due to removal complications after erosion. I've watched and read this board like a hawk, and too many members squawk off without even knowing what they're talking about. I do have a serious problem with what WASABUBBLE since people rely on her inaccurate posts. For the most part, she appears to be very informative, but her head’s gotten bigger than her common sense in a variety of posts. Example, just recently she advised a member that woke up from anesthesia during surgery that the woman was merely dreaming. In actuality, waking up during surgery is a fairly common complication. She’s a nurse, so people think that means she knows what she’s talking about. In another thread she rambles nonsense that the makers of the band would NEVER tell a patient what doctor to go to. Wrong again considering they gave me the name of two surgeons. The link at the bottom of every single post directs people to fantastic information about Mexico that makes even me want to jump the border, but nowhere does it list any dangers or problems with Mexico. On another post she clearly indicates she’s an advocate for her Mexican surgeon, which motivates her to defend Mexico when she should let people read both sides of the coin. How can someone honestly be such a strong advocate for her own surgeon while calling other coordinators out? Smells fishy, no? Three hugely successful, popular and "top" Mexican surgeons have taken terrible turns for the worse. Mexico, as a country, may as well be another planet. Danger lurks at every corner, but if you did your research like I did, I guess you’d know this. If she’d stop advocating Mexico and her Mexican surgeon, I wouldn’t need to caution others so intensely.

Let's see, I have suggested that most docs in Mexico are quality, skilled surgeons and as of late you posted that I am a coordinator for them ALL. I have responded to hundreds of people offering support, information, statistics, opinions, etc. You have done nothing but post nasty things about people here and in your personal life.

You have posted in a manner that is unrealistic and also, flat out lies. You are anti-Mexico and that is fine, but you make it sound like it is impossible to have a safe surgery in Mexico and quite frankly, that's just not true. If you don't want to go to Mexico ... nobody is debating it with you. Whether you like it or not many of us have and had no problems. You make it sound as though the only way to have a safe surgery is to have it anywhere but Mexico and quite frankly, you are wrong. This speaks clearly about you, not your information or lack of.

You slam me because I didn't post about researching Mexico. I didn't, I posted about Mexican DOCTORS. I also didn't post about starving children in Africa, your point?

Since you have been here you have been snitty, deceitful, unsupportive, and dishonest. Such as a claim that I wrote a woman was dreaming during surgery. That is most certainly NOT what I wrote, that is just another attempt to twist words to suit your own needs. What I wrote was that it is common to have false memories during surgery and it is.

Is honesty such a horror for you? Quite frankly, you are not cynical, you are simply nasty and from my POV, dishonest.

I don't have a problem with the type of coordinator you refer to. I'm talking about those that aren't even banded and they pose as a banded person who is absolutely in love with their doctor for a life changing surgery that never existed. Or, someone who lies, fibs, and avoids honesty because their employer's stats... well, they suck. Wheetsin, I recently received a PM from a coordinator asking me not to post her doc's stats because it makes him look bad. They are HIS stats! Came directly from his office! Why would someone hide the truth from a potential patient? [...] All in all I'm not referring to the type of coordinator as you discuss, not in the least.
I think this is a miscommunication, stemming from my general failure to incude the OPs name when I post a response. That probably would have clarified things a but. I was only trying to address the suggestion that patient coordinators be banned (paraphrasing). It wasn't your suggestion, I don't even remember who made it. :)

The fact you claim to know that "most docs in Mexico are quality" shows your level of honest. That's a big, dangerous assumption considering the number of surgeons in that huge country that could get someone hurt. Unless you list every single surgeon you refer to, your generalized knowledge of "most docs in Mexico" isn't accurate. Why not just satisfy the requirement for a knowledgeable link by adding the truth? Go ahead and list all the bad doctors that people relied on in the past and present that did their research and had written documentation from the band makers about trusting those amazing surgeons? Showing all the information, not just the positive good stuff, will then give members what the deserve to know. They deserve to know about the multitude of complications and deaths (yes, I said deaths) that occur in Mexico at the hand of Mexican bariatric surgeons, erosions, missing hospital records, surgical errors, terror at the border, problems with Federales, language barriers, theft and inability to get through on the phone. These are the things that you continue to censor. In a pinch, I personally know a surgeon in Mexico that I would trust with my life. Dishonest? I'm not the one shoving bad information down anyone's throat. There's not one post of mine indicating Mexico is entirely bad, rather I consistently urge patients to know all sides before making a decision. Big diff. Huge. I know morbidly obese people on their death beds that I refer to Mexico since it's their ONLY option, but at least they aware going in.

Tits, I'm bored. I wish you well in life, I hope you feel better soon, most of all I wish you the ability to not have to fight with the whole bloody world someday and be a person with some peace in your life.

Cheers.

Fighting with the whole bloody world? You are the only person on this board I have a problem with since you're the one with the negligent HOW TO RESEARCH A MEXICAN DOCTOR link under your signature on more threads than I can count. This all started when you insisted on rebutting every post I made with respect to bad experiences in Mexico. Explain why you get so defensive any time someone posts a negative story? Instead, you're right there leading the innocent to your sadly misleading link. Give members what they deserve, the truth. You accuse me of dishonesty? Show me one lie and I'll log off forever. Let's start with you being honest about three top Mexican surgeons since you know so much. Tell us about Lopez, Sanchez and Ortiz. Please. Keep it real by explaining how two of them were Band placement instructors that trained many, many US and Mexican surgeons, maybe even yours! Please inform the board how many current Mexican surgeons received their training from the above-named men. Make sure everyone knows two of them are/were proctors for the Band were, up until all the recent drama, considered to be the best of the best. Make sure to list their current death rate, complication rate, port infections, tilted ports, surgical erros, erosions, amount of American money they raked in, the number of Bands they placed (could it be thousands?) and where they are today. Did Ortiz really write the famous LapBand book? Was there a lawsuit? Girl, this is all too scandalous for me to approach, I just hope you stop rebutting all the negative posts about Mexico so people can make educated decisions based on facts instead of your personal opinions. The link on your siganture line is censored. I don't know how you sleep at night.

See above post, Tits. Anyone can go through your posts and see what kind of attitude you have and the various responses you have received from others. Thus, I stand behind my post to you wishing you well.

Cheers.

To everyone else I am still going to push research as I have from the beginning. Dig up the information, no excuse not to.

Tits-baby, ya got a totally cute name but I've got to say "why yer weirdo interests and why the fucken venom in yer posts, eh?" The real truth is that most of us are kind of paralysed with boredom whenever it comes to any issues which lie outside our own framework of interest.

You are the only person on this board I have a problem with since you're the one with the negligent HOW TO RESEARCH A MEXICAN DOCTOR link under your signature on more threads than I can count.

Negligent? Interesting...from what I remember reading on that thread, it seemed that Wasa made every effort to keep it free from "advertising" for specific doctors. When several people asked for more specific information that would amount to promoting a particular doctor, Wasa reposted the same information again--see the portion of post #33 from the "research" thread that is quoted below:

We can post our goals and encourage others or we can promote a doc. I prefer to post goals and encourage others. If we are going to promote docs it needs to be done on a different thread, that would not be THIS thread. The whole idea of this thread is to encourage detailed research (that includes stats... sorry, but it does). Just like I won't go into details of who has the BAD stats, I'm not pushing those with good stats either. I don't care if the doc is in the US or Mexico, this isn't the thread for it. There are many good and bad surgeons in all countries.

I've made it as clear as possible HOW to research, the rest is up to the person doing the research.

I will not promote one doc over another is this thread. It isn't going to happen. Please refer to post #3 for details.

I have a pretty good grasp of the written English language most days. The post above sounds pretty even-handed to me, so how it causes such outrage and indignation for some, I'll never know. :eek:

As you can see by my signature, I also proudly display my surgeon's name and location based upon my own positive experience with my lapband procedure. That must mean I am a patient coordinator, too, I suppose. It may be disappointing, but I am not paid to promote my doctor nor am I a patient coordinator. Although I must say that being a self-payer, I'd love to earn some extra dough!

If someone asks, I do the exact same thing as Wasa and thousands of other people who post on this forum--I tell people about the good experience I had. Does that mean that my doctor has never had a patient with complications? Does that mean I think everyone should go to his practice? No, that's not my decision to make, now is it? It's up to every individual to make up their own mind about which surgeon and which procedure is best after doing their own research.

The information Wasa provided is just one viewpoint to consider during the research process. Anyone who would base their decision to have surgery on only one source of information is foolish IMHO. I also think that people who decide that someone is the "best" doctor because they advertise the cheapest price have several screws loose. :)

Show me one lie and I'll log off forever.

Can we not and you still do? :whoo:

So quick to attack when you don't even know what this is all about! It's about some random nurse rebutting warnings about how dangerous Mexico is. She follows my posts to defend Tijuana, when all I'm trying to do is save others from getting raped like I was when I went to TJ for a LapBand consult. You can see how I made it all up by reading what Transformer posted (click on the link) yet while Transformer defends the good nurse in this post, he contradicts himself by posting my exact warnings elsewhere. This isn't a popularity contest, it's real life & death, and her link is just a bonus. Why not add how terribly dangerous it is so people that rely on her amazing research can at least take the extra safety precautions when they go to Mexico? That link makes things sound just peaches in Fabulous Tijuana when in reality, it's a damn scary place. If you haven't followed every post, why not calm down till you understand what's going on here?

FOXNews.com - Report: Sophisticated Robbers Target Tourists in Baja California - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Tits-baby, ya got a totally cute name but I've got to say "why yer weirdo interests and why the fucken venom in yer posts, eh?" The real truth is that most of us are kind of paralysed with boredom whenever it comes to any issues which lie outside our own framework of interest.

This might explain it green.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f7/something-wrong-christmas-46277/index2.html

So quick to attack when you don't even know what this is all about! It's about some random nurse rebutting warnings about how dangerous Mexico is. She follows my posts to defend Tijuana, when all I'm trying to do is save others from getting raped like I was when I went to TJ for a LapBand consult. You can see how I made it all up by reading what Transformer posted (click on the link) yet while Transformer defends the good nurse in this post, he contradicts himself by posting my exact warnings elsewhere. This isn't a popularity contest, it's real life & death, and her link is just a bonus. Why not add how terribly dangerous it is so people that rely on her amazing research can at least take the extra safety precautions when they go to Mexico? That link makes things sound just peaches in Fabulous Tijuana when in reality, it's a damn scary place. If you haven't followed every post, why not calm down till you understand what's going on here?

FOXNews.com - Report: Sophisticated Robbers Target Tourists in Baja California - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Why not learn some self restrait and get your panties out of a wad when you seem something that just doesn't tickle your fancy. No one attacked you until you began singling someone out. If you want to play the role of the bully, quit whining when people don't like it.