Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any foods permanently off your safe list?

Surgeon had no list nor limits, he just said, try stuff out one by one and see if it agrees with you. He did say no NSAIDS, but we are talking food here...
Nutritionist said no Alcohol nor Carbonated drinks (I choose to drink them anyway, and nutritionist gives me sad, disappointed faces).
I say no bread, Pasta, rice.
Everyone says: Limit/watch the sugar.
What alcohol are you able to drink k ? Also what would be the amount you have ? Frequency ?

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

I could only drink sips of red wine at first. Im 10 months post op now and I can rarely finish a full 5oz glass...unless I nurse it over a few hours. I have red wine maybe 1-2 times a week.

Normally, I can also drink 1oz servings of straight gin occasionally (like once a week maybe, if that).

Now, when on vacation or during holidays, different rules apply, lol I usually stick to the same red wine and gin, but will add skinny mojitos and tequila shots to the mix.

I generally stay away from mixed drinks (too much sugar). And beer (I don’t like it).

I do get affected by the alcohol relatively quickly, but said effects wear off quickly as well (compared to pre-op). And I definitely drink much, much less than I did before.

Great Info thanks, no dumping syndrome with the wine or the mojito mix ?

1 hour ago, Lbtnew said:

Great Info thanks, no dumping syndrome with the wine or the mojito mix ?

No, not recently (but I have before, in the first 2-3 months post op when I had too much). I stick to dry red wines and the mojitos are of the skinny kind, so i’ve been ok.

Note though that everyone is different, you may be able to handle more than me, or maybe less. Trial and error and you’ll figure out what you can handle. Of course you may turn out to not even want to drink at all, as I’ve read many times in here.

Whatever you decide, it’s always a good idea to let your team know :)