Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 years out and trying to reset

I too want to thank you...have been struggling with this for almost 2 years and even though I haven't hit 20 lbs officially yet I keep getting closer all the time. I am now dealing with some major bloating in my abdomen which is not painful, but very uncomfortable. Having lots of tests done including a colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow.

But your post is timely and a big reminder that we need to take control. The best part was when you said you feel SO much better. And of course we do! How do we forget that? My goal weight isn't that much less than yours (139) but I am only 5'3. Still it's the weight I felt so good at.

Not an excuse, but I do have to say that it's so hard for me to track everything. The labels in Europe are often non-existent and when you do get a nutritional label they are all different and all based on 100 grams. But then they often don't tell you how many grams are in a package. So a bit frustrating. Luckily, I do mostly eat just fresh stuff.

Stay tuned...I'll be cleaned out for sure by tomorrow morning so will be a good time to go for my reset!

Thanks again for the shot in the arm.

1 hour ago, Queen of Crop said:

I too want to thank you...have been struggling with this for almost 2 years and even though I haven't hit 20 lbs officially yet I keep getting closer all the time. I am now dealing with some major bloating in my abdomen which is not painful, but very uncomfortable. Having lots of tests done including a colonoscopy and endoscopy tomorrow.

But your post is timely and a big reminder that we need to take control. The best part was when you said you feel SO much better. And of course we do! How do we forget that? My goal weight isn't that much less than yours (139) but I am only 5'3. Still it's the weight I felt so good at.

Not an excuse, but I do have to say that it's so hard for me to track everything. The labels in Europe are often non-existent and when you do get a nutritional label they are all different and all based on 100 grams. But then they often don't tell you how many grams are in a package. So a bit frustrating. Luckily, I do mostly eat just fresh stuff.

Stay tuned...I'll be cleaned out for sure by tomorrow morning so will be a good time to go for my reset!

Thanks again for the shot in the arm.

Use My Fitness Pal and after you populate it, it's so easy! Also, order a food scale that reads in grams. Then weigh and measure everything going into your body! And don't eat packaged stuff! LOL. Eat lean Protein and eat veggies and some healthy fats. Eat a serving of dark berries now and then. Order Protein Powder on Amazon, or see if Premier Protein shakes are available in Europe. Beyond that--stay away from C.R.A.P. :D

backontracktips.JPG.ee929c05a572b283651221e8b78db82c.JPGlowest-carb-veg.thumb.JPG.4e4a076d7a4d3b8b51a8e93976715aac.JPG

image.png.c1571a3d47aaa0043b85d699c9437039.png

Edited by FluffyChix

Use My Fitness Pal and after you populate it, it's so easy! Also, order a food scale that reads in grams. Then weigh and measure everything going into your body! And don't eat packaged stuff! LOL. Eat lean Protein and eat veggies and some healthy fats. Eat a serving of dark berries now and then. Order Protein Powder on Amazon, or see if Premier Protein shakes are available in Europe. Beyond that--stay away from C.R.A.P. [emoji3]
backontracktips.JPG.ee929c05a572b283651221e8b78db82c.JPGlowest-carb-veg.thumb.JPG.4e4a076d7a4d3b8b51a8e93976715aac.JPG
Love this!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you all, I needed to see this thread. I have finally had the courage to return after a hiatus of 4+ years. In the time I was away I lost both my beautiful mum and then my brother and then went through menopause . I have gained almost 90lbs and I’m so ashamed. I feel like such a failure. I’ve seen a dietician, nutritionist, and even seen a psych to help me through the self sabotaging I’ve been doing to myself. I have tried reset, I’ve tried going back to basics.. I just don’t seem to have the will power to do it all again.

Good morning Mary....congratulations on coming back to this site...I know how hard it is. I only have a few minutes right now before I scoot out the door but will write more later. I just saw your post come in and want you to know you are not alone. 20 lb gain or 90 lb gain...it doesn't feel good and we need to be here for each other. I am working on it as well...it's a struggle but not one we cannot face with courage and fight back. More later...I am going to my first appointment with a personal trainer! Excited, but dreading it as well....

Losing regain is doable - I did it. For me Mary I need the support of the people around me Who want me to be healthy the support of people on this site who get WLS and continual reminders for myself. Stick around - some great personalities round here. I am sorry for the emotional struggles and death of your family members. Grieving is a process which impacts all our gut hormones and stress chemicals. I still log all I eat and keep to Water and Protein goals.
Hi Crop!! Learning something new pushing comfort zone. Engage the mind and restive juices!! Refocus and formulate a plan.

Welcome back @VSGmary . It’s never to late to get back on track. I was 6 years out and gained 60 pounds. My way to kick start the weight loss was from intermittent fasting. Logging all my food and weight daily really started me on the right path again. Logging really keeps me In line. I’m off to work now, but can chat later on the day. Have a great, healthy and happy day.

On 09/04/2019 at 22:41, KaysMommy said:

I know exactly what you are going through. 6 years out I had regained nearly 60 pounds. I was so unhappy with myself. I let life struggles, and being busy affect how I ate. About a year ago I started watching what I ate, not yet logging food again, but just making better choices. On June 18th I was back down to 168 but still so upset I was still 20 pounds from the goal I originally set out to be at, and wanted to be there so bad.

Here is what I did. I did a total reset to when I started on real food after the puréed stage. I started logging everything, anything that goes into my mouth gets logged. I concreted on Protein and veggies, and started my Vitamins again. I made Protein my priority again, made sure I got at least 60 grams a day. I also stared drinking a gallon of Water a day. Also one of my meals a day, everyday is a Protein Shake. I am now below the 145 that was always my main goal. I am now at 143.6 and couldn’t feel better. I know it has to do with the protein I get in everyday now. No carbs go into my body. My Vitamins , help me feel healthy. I don’t get dehydrated. The girls at work are so used to my gallon Water jug I bring into work with me, and my daily lunch protein shake mixing. Even my CEO and CMO mentioned in a meeting this week about my water jug, and had only great things to say about it.

The thing is, we may have regained, but we still have this amazing tool that can work for us if we want it to. I mean if I tried to lose over 20 pounds in 2.5 months before WLS, it never would have happened.

Good luck with everything. I know life has stresses in it. We all have them. I changed my obsession with stress eating to obsessive food logging, and healthy eating. I also try to walk on my lunch. That one hour a day is my only me time when I’m not a mom, a wife, a professional, a daughter. You’ve got this, you just have to grab it. It’s great to have the support here, and keeps us in the right head space.

I am going to do this. I had my sleeve done almost 9 years ago. My Dr. told me I would gain all my weight back in 5 years. I’ve worked very hard not to let that happen. I’ve gained 25 pounds back and I know it’s because I was eating carbs. I’ve been on the Keto diet for 4 months with my husband. He’s lost over 40 pounds. I lost 6 and gained them back when we went on vacation. I’m going to do exactly what you said. What kind of Protein Shakes and vitamins do you use?

@KaysMommy