Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone In Northern Cali?

Hi! A little about me. I am almost 40 pounds down pre op. My surgeon approved me for VSG surgery and I’m going through Kaiser’s Program here in Sacramento. I find out what day my surgery will be on Thursday! So I’m looking at a August date! Would be nice to get to know other ladies who are going through the same program as me or Kaiser in general☺️

Edited by mommy_vsg

Im in the concord/Walnut Creek área. I will be getting VSG ion August 19th

9 minutes ago, Bianca S. said:

Im in the concord/Walnut Creek área. I will be getting VSG ion August 19th

Congrats on having a date! How exciting! I’m hoping for a surgery date around that time as well if not a little earlier lol

I'm in San Jose and will be going through Kaiser. I just started so will likely have an end of year date. Please share your journey!

Lori

On 07/28/2019 at 09:15, loridee24 said:

I'm in San Jose and will be going through Kaiser. I just started so will likely have an end of year date. Please share your journey!

Lori

Im so excited for you!! I haven’t gotten Surgery yet but I’m counting down the days!

4 hours ago, loridee24 said:

Lori

Yay! Congrats on starting! Definitely will be sharing :)

I'm in Antioch, but going through Kaiser Richmond. My VSG date is September 11th. Has anyone gone through with the surgery yet? How are you feeling?

Hello all,

Good luck on your surgeries.

I am post-op almost 3 mo from a revision surgery from RNY to DS. I'm in San Jose.

I look forward to read about all your success.

How is the process for Kaiser in Northern California? I just got a referral from my PCP to attend the options program in Richmond. I thought Kaiser in the Bay Area and Sac didn't have the Options Program? Or what exactly is the process? I'm in the very, very beginning stages. Like, I literally just saw my doctor about 2 hours ago.

There is a meeting of WLS patients, pre-op & post-op in San Fransisco once a month. On the 2nd Wed of the month. Several of the post-ops patients are Kaiser patients. They would better be able to talk to you about it.

San Francisco
Date: 2nd Wednesday of each month
Time: 6 PM - Simultaneous Informational Seminar and post-op meeting.
7 PM - General open meeting for both pre-op and post-op patients.
Place: Cafeteria at St. Mary's Hospital (Go in the main entrance, take elevator to B floor, follow signs for food.)
450 Stanyan Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Additional details: Parking is available at St. Mary's Hospital parking at the corner of Stanyan and Hayes Street.
http://www.paclap.com/support/meetings-calendar.cfm

Edited by BoredCW
edited info and added URL

Hi StrongButterfly,

I am a pre-op Kaiser patient in Nor Cal out of the Fremont office and I just got my date (12/31). The process at Fremont at least is:

1) orientation: A group session where you hear from a surgeon, phsycologist and nutritionist. Kind of Bariatric 1:1

2) consult with a surgeon: You can pick one in the office or they can fit you in with whoever has an appointment at a time that works for you.

3) Surgeon talks to you about surgery choices (Sleeve or Bypass), why you are interested, risks, etc... They also set a pre-surgery weight loss goal. They may also ask you to do some tests (blood, EKG, etc....)

3a) Same day you meet with a nutritionist who talks to you about what the diet will be, etc....

4) Each month you need to call in and report your weight. When you are 5 lbs from goal you need to go into a clinic to make it official, then call and schedule an appointment with the psychologist

5) Talk to the psychologist and same day nurse. Nurse may assign some additional tests. Assuming both are good packet goes back to your surgeon. If they agree, scheduler calls you to schedule the surgery.

I went through Kaiser Richmond on Sept 11th. I started at an orientation meeting. Then met with my surgeon who gave me a goal weight to get to. When I reached that weight I called in to schedule my next appointments. I met with the psych doc first then met with the case manager who scheduled my surgery date. I did have an EKG test while I waited for the date and had blood work done. That was it. Simple and streamlined.

Thank you, loridee11 and MJinNorCal for the info! I just got off the phone with the bariatrics depart over at Kaiser Richmond and they scheduled me for this Thursday for the orientation. That was quick. My doctor just sent in the referral yesterday afternoon. Well, I did call the department but only to find out if I had an options program to go to (like my doctor told me) or an orientation. So with you two's guidelines (thank you again) and speaking to them now I know what's happening.😁