Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe this can help someone.

I got sleeved on May 21. I'm a few days away from my 2 mth mark and I'm down 30 pounds. When I was cleared for a regular diet at the 6 week mark I gained 5 pounds but have since then lost it again. I've already hit a stall that lasted 2 weeks. I'm a really fast eater and it's been difficult to slow it down. My nutritionist said to separate my meals into halves and leave one half in the kitchen. After I finish the first half, time 10 minutes on the clock and go back for the other half if I'm still hungry. I messed up for a week and ate a few bad things plus eating quickly makes me feel gorged. I was afraid I was stretching my new stomach but I was reassured by my nutritionist that I haven't. I haven't had much of a problem eating anything besides dairy and orange juice. Dairy makes me feel yucky but oj makes me vomit. It's the only thing I've found so far that makes me get sick. My other problems are just due to getting too full too fast. I had been so scared that I messed up and that I wasn't losing enough but my nutritionist made me feel so good. I am clear to eat 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of food and getting a half cup down seems impossible most days. (Although twice I have eaten that much and felt so full I wanted to cry.) Basically I really worried for nothing. Sometimes we psych ourselves out and it's hard not to. Support from the right people goes a long way. I hope this can somehow help someone out there. We got this!

Sent from my Z965 using BariatricPal mobile app

That's a great idea about only taking 1/2 the serving at first! I'ma try it tonight!!!!! TY!

I really like the 1/2 portion idea !

But I'm curious, did the Nutritionist never mention that drinking your calories (orange juices,etc) may slow down weightloss?

Good luck 💜

But I'm curious, did the Nutritionist never mention that drinking your calories (orange juices,etc) may slow down weightloss?
Good luck [emoji171]
She said the sugar in the orange juice may have been why I got sick. I don't generally drink anything with sugar... Even before surgery. When I asked her about calories she said that for now she's more concerned about Protein and that after my 3 month mark we would see where I'm at and revisit. My calories right now are in-between 400-600 most days being right around 500. Unless I eat poorly or drink calories there is no way I can get in much more than that. It is in my guidelines to avoid caloric drinks but I have always enjoyed a glass of oj on occasion so I thought I would try it. Not anymore lol.

Good luck [emoji171]
And thank you [emoji171] good luck to you, too.

I got sleeved on May 21. I'm a few days away from my 2 mth mark and I'm down 30 pounds. When I was cleared for a regular diet at the 6 week mark I gained 5 pounds but have since then lost it again. I've already hit a stall that lasted 2 weeks. I'm a really fast eater and it's been difficult to slow it down. My nutritionist said to separate my meals into halves and leave one half in the kitchen. After I finish the first half, time 10 minutes on the clock and go back for the other half if I'm still hungry. I messed up for a week and ate a few bad things plus eating quickly makes me feel gorged. I was afraid I was stretching my new stomach but I was reassured by my nutritionist that I haven't. I haven't had much of a problem eating anything besides dairy and orange juice. Dairy makes me feel yucky but oj makes me vomit. It's the only thing I've found so far that makes me get sick. My other problems are just due to getting too full too fast. I had been so scared that I messed up and that I wasn't losing enough but my nutritionist made me feel so good. I am clear to eat 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of food and getting a half cup down seems impossible most days. (Although twice I have eaten that much and felt so full I wanted to cry.) Basically I really worried for nothing. Sometimes we psych ourselves out and it's hard not to. Support from the right people goes a long way. I hope this can somehow help someone out there. We got this!

Wow this reassured me so much. I got my sleeve a week after yours on May 29th basically I've been having a similar experience as you have. I have had my stall and it last 3 weeks and I was so sad. I think I eat more then I should but I still dont know when to know if I'm full yet. I didn't think that would be so hard to figure that out. Nothing makes me sick but when I have sugar or too much of it I get extremely nauseous, I've tried serval other things to see what I can tolerate but I have been able to tolerate mostly everything I've tried. Picking foods to eat are still very challenging because I dont like to try new things, but I'm getting tired of just salads. I felt like I'm not losing my weight fast enough like I'm supposed to be doing a whole lot more. Today I had my first workout at home and it was hard. Your post, however, makes me feel like I'm on the right track and I'm doing well. So thank you for this. I'm extremely glad I came across it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow this reassured me so much. I got my sleeve a week after yours on May 29th basically I've been having a similar experience as you have. I have had my stall and it last 3 weeks and I was so sad. I think I eat more then I should but I still dont know when to know if I'm full yet. I didn't think that would be so hard to figure that out. Nothing makes me sick but when I have sugar or too much of it I get extremely nauseous, I've tried serval other things to see what I can tolerate but I have been able to tolerate mostly everything I've tried. Picking foods to eat are still very challenging because I dont like to try new things, but I'm getting tired of just salads. I felt like I'm not losing my weight fast enough like I'm supposed to be doing a whole lot more. Today I had my first workout at home and it was hard. Your post, however, makes me feel like I'm on the right track and I'm doing well. So thank you for this. I'm extremely glad I came across it.

I am so glad my post helped you. I know I definitely needed the reassurance, too. I think I was driving myself crazy but I feel a lot better now. Congrats on your home workout. I do cardio boxing and Zumba on my Wii. It's definitely not easy at first but it definitely gets easier the longer you keep at it. I'd love to follow your journey and be any support I can be for you. Enjoy your journey and good luck it's so going to be worth every bit of it. We got this

I am so glad my post helped you. I know I definitely needed the reassurance, too. I think I was driving myself crazy but I feel a lot better now. Congrats on your home workout. I do cardio boxing and Zumba on my Wii. It's definitely not easy at first but it definitely gets easier the longer you keep at it. I'd love to follow your journey and be any support I can be for you. Enjoy your journey and good luck [emoji171] it's so going to be worth every bit of it. We got this [emoji123][emoji109][emoji847]

Thank you. I csn use all the support I can get. I think the food and figuring out whst to eat is a big thing too because I really am getting tired of salads 🤣🤣🤣. But I'm trying to have new things which is something I'm not really used to.

Thank you. I csn use all the support I can get. I think the food and figuring out whst to eat is a big thing too because I really am getting tired of salads 🤣🤣🤣. But I'm trying to have new things which is something I'm not really used to.

I eat a lot of turkey. I make turkey burgers, I eat turkey sausage, and deli turkey. Also meatballs... Turkey, beef, or chicken... bite size. 4 of those usually fill me up but sometimes I can't eat all of it. Since I've started eating my meals in halves I've noticed I'm really not as hungry for the second two. I'll make turkey taco meat and mix it with fat free refried Beans and a little bit of light sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese... All in a quarter cup together. You can look up a recipe for cauliflower pizza... I'm a pizza lover so this works for me but, again, I can only eat a very small piece. My mom also introduced me to Gerber toddler Snacks for when I want a light crunchy salty snack... I like the cheddar poof ones. Maybe not the best of all choices but it's low in calories and carbs. Those are a few ideas.

I eat a lot of turkey. I make turkey burgers, I eat turkey sausage, and deli turkey. Also meatballs... Turkey, beef, or chicken... bite size. 4 of those usually fill me up but sometimes I can't eat all of it. Since I've started eating my meals in halves I've noticed I'm really not as hungry for the second two. I'll make turkey taco meat and mix it with fat free refried Beans and a little bit of light sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese... All in a quarter cup together. You can look up a recipe for cauliflower pizza... I'm a pizza lover so this works for me but, again, I can only eat a very small piece. My mom also introduced me to Gerber toddler Snacks for when I want a light crunchy salty snack... I like the cheddar poof ones. Maybe not the best of all choices but it's low in calories and carbs. Those are a few ideas.

Well thanks for that. I will try all those. I'm taking it slow but a lot of things I wasnt prepared for. I guess I just thought this was suppose to be fast and I was supposed to start seeing results immediately as well. All in due time I guess. My birthday is next month so I want to at least get out of the 280s as a birthday gift to myself. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, ruthalbert21 said:

Well thanks for that. I will try all those. I'm taking it slow but a lot of things I wasnt prepared for. I guess I just thought this was suppose to be fast and I was supposed to start seeing results immediately as well. All in due time I guess. My birthday is next month so I want to at least get out of the 280s as a birthday gift to myself. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

I hear ya, so many things i didnt know going into this as well. I like to make tilapia with seasoning and mix it with a homemade cilantro avocado greek yogurt dressing. Almonds and Protein packed beef Jerky have also been my go too. I havent tryed salad yet but grilled zucchini and broccoli are something i have alot. chicken everytime i eat it gives me alot of chest pain so been trying to stay away from that. Fish and pork seem to go down very well. tuna salad is good but get sick of that more than twice aweek. I have a boiled or scrambled egg most mornings. (Snack jalapeno cheese on 3 wheat thins shh dont tell anyone). I love Gatorade zero that helps me get in more liquids. Im only losing 1pound or 2 a week thought it be faster but hoping when i add in some cardio that will help as well. I bought a taebo dvd to workout too so i can do it with my kids around.. I have so much more energy now than i did before surgery. I am loving that.

Oh another go to food is hummus and protien chips. Sprouts has 2 flavors or ive bought Protein chips from this barriatric site thatn are chili lime flavor that are 15g of protein and i get the individual hummas packs to take with me on the go..

I hear ya, so many things i didnt know going into this as well. I like to make tilapia with seasoning and mix it with a homemade cilantro avocado greek yogurt dressing. Almonds and Protein packed beef Jerky have also been my go too. I havent tryed salad yet but grilled zucchini and broccoli are something i have alot. chicken everytime i eat it gives me alot of chest pain so been trying to stay away from that. Fish and pork seem to go down very well. tuna salad is good but get sick of that more than twice aweek. I have a boiled or scrambled egg most mornings. (Snack jalapeno cheese on 3 wheat thins shh dont tell anyone). I love Gatorade zero that helps me get in more liquids. Im only losing 1pound or 2 a week thought it be faster but hoping when i add in some cardio that will help as well. I bought a taebo dvd to workout too so i can do it with my kids around.. I have so much more energy now than i did before surgery. I am loving that.
I definitely love the fish. I eat a lot of salmon, too. I want to try salmon patties. You have some tasty food on your list. Lots of different and bright flavors. I want to try them all :)